Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I\'ve had it.

Go down 
+2
Munroe
kamaitama
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

I\'ve had it. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:00 am

Don is right. It's sad but true. The majority of this community will just go "NAAAW. SUM1 ELS WEEL DU EHT 4 MEH." I've seen ADMINS bitch and moan (actually was more of a rage than bitch, but whatever) when asked if they're willing to sacrifice characters. Not going to give any names.

75 % of the community are just not mature enough to handle this. The other 25 % can't do it on their own.
Back to top Go down
Violent Maid

Violent Maid

Character sheet
Name: Elvis Croone
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 4:38 am

Guh, why do I have to join when everyone is bitching at eachother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:40 am

Don't worry Violent, it's just this thread, nothing should be taken outside of it and used.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 6:30 am

Quote :
nothing should be taken outside of it and used.

You best be trolling.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 6:49 am

Quote :

1) This is ignored, we go critical in 2 months, someone decides to call off Olden.

Quote :
Don't worry Violent, it's just this thread, nothing should be taken outside of it and used.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 6:52 am

Donixs, I said it wouldn't be used in other threads basically, unless they are linked to this, so think about it.

Last edited by Rossii on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 8:58 am

Rossii wrote:
Donixs, I said it wouldn't be used in other threads basically, unless tehya re linked to this, so think about it.

If it's not taken seriously I'm gonna be mighty pissed.

And seriously, grow up a little and stop believing that every time someone get's angry you should ignore why.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 9:45 am

Mack wrote:
Don is right. It's sad but true. The majority of this community will just go "NAAAW. SUM1 ELS WEEL DU EHT 4 MEH." I've seen ADMINS bitch and moan (actually was more of a rage than bitch, but whatever) when asked if they're willing to sacrifice characters. Not going to give any names.

75 % of the community are just not mature enough to handle this. The other 25 % can't do it on their own.

Is it really "immature" to hate saying goodbye to your characters? If I had to give up -all- my characters,
and make new ones, it would be worse than a man going to his wife's funeral, whome he loved to no
end. There's nobody that's actually "mature", there are just different volumes of maturity.

There's someone who can be as mature as a 5 year old, that doesn't accept defeat cause he doesn't
understand, which most people refer to as childish, or immature. And then there's the maturity of a 60
year old WWII veteran. (the kind that's the badass grampa type)

In other words, maturity is just how well somebody can handle a given situation. (in some situations,
even the toughest of men cry)
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:20 am

Richard Crimson wrote:
Mack wrote:

Is it really "immature" to hate saying goodbye to your characters? If I had to give up -all- my characters,
and make new ones, it would be worse than a man going to his wife's funeral, whome he loved to no
end. There's nobody that's actually "mature", there are just different volumes of maturity.

There's someone who can be as mature as a 5 year old, that doesn't accept defeat cause he doesn't
understand, which most people refer to as childish, or immature. And then there's the maturity of a 60
year old WWII veteran. (the kind that's the badass grampa type)

In other words, maturity is just how well somebody can handle a given situation. (in some situations,
even the toughest of men cry)

Yes, it is immature, because a character is not a real object, and while I understand not wanting to actually kill the character you spent so much effort on, not wanting to power it down, is just sheer immaturity, it just shows that you don't care about the character, you care about it's power.

The "man going to wife's funeral" analogy is a horrible exageration, and the rest is really not a very well thought out argument. Maturity, while it is how you act towards thing, doesn't go in "levels", there's maturity and then there's immaturity. You're immature if you laugh at fart jokes, you're not if you don't. Not a hard to grasp concept.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:14 pm

I disagree that maturity is as black and white as that. There's such a thing as being more or less mature then others and just one immature fault like say, laughing at fart jokes doesn't make you immature just like that, especially if you're usually a serious and well behaved person.

Though the wife funeral thing is certainly way over the top.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:34 pm

Maturity is measured in levels, yes. But there's a point where maturity just grows into immaturity. Look of it as a bar.

------------------------------------------------|MATURE|||IMMATURE|------------------------------------

There's different shades of gray. White and black are part of the shades.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Are any of you -me-? How would any of you know how I would feel in such a situation? (because I'm so
damned attached to everything I work towards.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:04 pm

kamaitama wrote:
Rossii wrote:
Donixs, I said it wouldn't be used in other threads basically, unless tehya re linked to this, so think about it.

And seriously, grow up a little and stop believing that every time someone get's angry you should ignore why.
Oh I no I don't, I'm simply stating to Violent Maid that all this hate wont be spread onto other thread unless they are connected with this, I put it pretty damn simple too.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:11 pm

Rossii wrote:
kamaitama wrote:
Rossii wrote:

Oh I no I don't, I'm simply stating to Violent Maid that all this hate wont be spread onto other thread unless they are connected with this, I put it pretty damn simple too.

Rossi, you may be a total slag at times, but you are very unique here at Olden.

<3
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:27 pm

Is that a compliment or should I be offended, I'm not quite sure? >.>
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 8:22 pm

Rossii wrote:

And that's a damn foolish thought. Hate doesn't stay in one place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 7:44 am

I'm saying it -should- not that it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I\'ve had it.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: OOC Chat :: General Discussion-
Jump to: