Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Map change?

Go down 
+3
PuPeT-KaI
Munroe
LawnJesus
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:06 pm

mmk hatas gunna hate.
I think, personally, olden needs a change of scenery. I'm getting damn tired of seeing the same map all the time, forestvillage, to me, has been becoming a bit of an eye sore. So I'm simply suggesting we switch to something else. P:
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:17 pm

I wouldn't mind. Forestvillage is okay, but a change in scenery would be fine for me.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:33 pm

Mountainvillage.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:38 pm

I don't think we should really give the privledge to our members to vote on change for anything since they don't populate the server enough, and instead crowd to something else like TnB or that FallouT RP server, since those seem to be more interesting than Olden RP.
It really should just be Narran's choice for if she wants to do something, since almost everytime I look at the player list it's 0. No, the occasional events really shouldn't count because they don't happen often enough, just because they bring in 5 people for an hour and then no ones on for the rest of the day. The now-joining DarkRP n00bs don't count, either, because they don't know enough shit about serious roleplay for them to even be -valid-.
In my opinion, since olden seems to be so boring to alot of you, Narran should just use it for whatever she want's, since so many of you don't seem to give a shit-stick's care about the server.
(Shrugs) Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:52 pm

PuPeT-KaI wrote:
I don't think we should really give the privledge to our members to vote on change for anything since they don't populate the server enough, and instead crowd to something else like TnB or that FallouT RP server, since those seem to be more interesting than Olden RP.
It really should just be Narran's choice for if she wants to do something, since almost everytime I look at the player list it's 0. No, the occasional events really shouldn't count because they don't happen often enough, just because they bring in 5 people for an hour and then no ones on for the rest of the day. The now-joining DarkRP n00bs don't count, either, because they don't know enough shit about serious roleplay for them to even be -valid-.
In my opinion, since olden seems to be so boring to alot of you, Narran should just use it for whatever she want's, since so many of you don't seem to give a shit-stick's care about the server.
Bleh, so true. I've had several thoughts of just taking the damn server away. Nobody would care if it was gone anyways.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:50 pm

Your statement is ironic in some parts.

The main reason the server's unpopulated is the fact that we have the Call to Duty event going on right now, which involves a majority of the folk.

If we didn't care about the server, we wouldn't even be here.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:53 pm

I wasn't aware that Narran herself was in full control, and full command of the server. I wasn't aware that she had bought the server herself; I thought that Rossii was the one who bought it, and gave it to us.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:55 pm

I like the town of forestvillage, I just hate everything else about it. I'd very much like to be able to open the map on hammer editor and change some things myself. But seeing as that plan has several flaws, this map is at least worth a try. http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=86520

Also

PuPeT-KaI wrote:

That's so narrow-minded that I laughed a little bit out loud.
Back to top Go down

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:58 pm

STOP WITH THE FUCKING AUTOPLAYING. God, tardfest.
Anyways, Rossii gave me the server, yeah. But I'm in full control of it, I just wanted the community's opinion for a mapchange. :/

Last edited by Collector General on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:00 pm

Fair enough. Take a look at Castlehill though. For 14 megabytes, it has a nice lot of detail.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:02 pm

That map has potential, but it lacks a skybox.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:04 pm

Well praise allah that the garrysmod.org file has the .vmf file included so that you may make any changes you want.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:16 pm

LawnJesus wrote:
The main reason the server's unpopulated is the fact that we have the Call to Duty event going on right now, which involves a majority of the folk.

And alot of those involved in said event have at least two characters. And if they didn't why couldn't they make a secondary character so they could still be involved, instead of leaving the server empty?
Also, don't say 'Your one of the people who don't go on it, though', cause I do, and I'll be on there for half an hour or more, playing games on my steam overlay because no one else joins.
Back to top Go down

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:19 pm

Castlehill's way too small, has no skybox, and is a bit cartoony for the olden theme. :/
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:43 pm

I only have one character, and have you tried to invite anyone into joining you?
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:53 pm

Yes, delete my post Smile

Because it was true.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:01 pm

deleted it because of the autoplaying shit
you have no idea how much it pisses me off
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Collector General wrote:

u dn knw hw to edit?
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Rutabega
Rutabega

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:14 pm

The one castlehill map does have potential, but it'd take quite some work to make it good.

I still say let's de-lag and maybe add on to lakeland, use that.
Back to top Go down

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:15 pm

Gambit wrote:
Collector General wrote:

u dn knw hw to edit?
computer was lagging like a bitch, would rather delete it than have my browser crash for the 50,000th time, and i'm really not in the mood for this BS. stop complaining and get on with your life.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:19 pm

How come no one likes Leyanara (mountainvillage)
Back to top Go down

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:23 pm

Munroe wrote:
How come no one likes Leyanara (mountainvillage)
I like it Sad
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:28 pm

Because, if we moved to Leyanara, we'd either need an IC reason for all our characters to move there, or move there and adopt different characters that live/arrive in Leyanara. ]

Two times before has Surna been destroyed and retconned back into existence to change to another map and location, and two times before did it fail.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:33 pm

Isn't there a way you can you a saved map as a normal map?
Then you could just put furniture in olden, save it, and start up the server. You could be getting bored because the map is basically naked 99.9% of the time.(propwise)
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:52 pm

We had a mostly blank map once, medieval freespace...let us never speak of that load of fail again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Map change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map change?   Map change? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Map change?
Page 1 of 1