Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers

Go down 
+4
Munroe
Gambit
Rutabega
Pat
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers Empty
PostSubject: Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers   Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:05 am

[*]WHAT you are applying said character for:I am applying for the application required Vindicator powers as well as the direct link to the Surge that comes with being the Grand Master of the Vindicators, as bestowed upon him by Marius Shire, the previous Grand Master.
[*]What the applicating abilities can do(IN DETAIL.):
Quote :
-Heightened physical state; (A character must post an application for this power to be able to use it on-server as of May 27th; 2010.)
Vindicators are granted the agility and strength to utilize a unique acrobatic form of melee combat exclusive to Vindicators, where they perform dexterous, athletic flips and jumps, as their combat style is devised to help dodge attacks alongside parrying them, as Vindicators have the strength to swing a weapon with notable speed and power.

This strength boost is very similar to that of a vampire, and has the potential to match the vampire's strength at it's peak, but such a thing is such a rare oddity it's not worth considering yet.

This skill manifests differently in Zayl, instead targeting the damage inflicted upon his soul by Lil Oloth in the Void. Over time, Surge will seek to heal his fractured and torn soul, which will improve Zayl's overall health as well as magical abilities. As this process continues, Zayl will loose the paleness/sickness of flesh that he's suffered as a result of the damage.

-Magical Energy Manipulation; (A character must post an application for this power to be able to use it on-server as of May 27th; 2010.)
Surge is a different application of magic than Mystra's weave, and therefore a skilled user can use Surge to affect magic and magical devices. The two main applications of this power is stimulating magic, which controls it to the extent of activating it. This includes activating magical traps, or opening locks imbued with magic. The other application is disrupting magic, which affects and interferes with magic already in effect. This can be used to protect against spells, or to overload magical devices.

This is a Surge-user's most difficult power. The power is dangerous if the user is inexperienced on how energy manipulation works, and requires a developed connection to Surge. The only way a newly joined Vindicator would be able to use this power is if they are some sort of messiah in terms of magic.

As Zayl already has the ability of energy manipulation, this ability will supplement his natural ability, and will grow with Zayl's gradual mastery over Surge.

Grandmaster: There is one single master in the Vindicators that has been granted the knowledge and power of affecting the main conduit of Surge directly, the ability to access The Vindicator's realm as a free power and a divine true-connection to Surge.

As the Grand Master, Zayl's Vindicator powers will grow at a faster rate, and Zayl will acquire the sole direct connection and ability to affect and change Surge.

[*]Where they are going to learn, or have learned said abilities: http://aeria.omgforum.net/five-star-f88/the-runed-necklace-t3905.htm
[*]Why you think you should have these abilities: Zayl's connection to Surge and position as the Grand Master of the Vindicators was established through legitimate RP and the death of the previous Grand Master, Marius Shire. Zayl will take Marius' place and will be a Vindicator, but he lacks the physical prowess and melee abilities that most other Vindicators have. Instead of becoming an acrobatic, skilled swordfighter, his connection to Surge will seek to supplement his current abilities.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers   Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:43 am

Well I'm gonna slap a big fat deny on this because...

No not really, this is accepted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers   Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:48 am

denied, you Are the most in-Competent, Crappy roleplayers Ever. To accEpt this pile of trash would Damage this community's very reputation in the eyes of gmod rpers.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers   Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:55 am

Quote :
-Heightened physical state
LOL

Good one Pat, good one
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers   Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:00 am

what

WHAT
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers   Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:02 am

Denied. No, wait, Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers   Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:12 am

I'm not sure I can accept this, knowing Zayl is going to break Surge within the week and cause Alyssa's death.

Edit:

Quote :

My points after making this post. THIS IS AN OMEN. DON'T LET PAT USE SURGE. DON'T DO IT!
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers   Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:18 am

"Points: 3690" I win
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers   Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:31 am

Kain, you're 1000 points too late.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers   Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 2:02 am

Accepted.

alsofuckthepolice.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers   Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 5:52 am

Munroe wrote:
Kain, you're 1000 points too late.

No, the first time it happened, Pat got Super Admin. This is the second coming.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers   Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:25 pm

Fuck, Scars looses one trouble and gains another.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers   Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:53 pm

THORO NOBODY CARES ABOUT SCARS JESUS STOP MENTIONING HIS RELEVANCE TO EVERY CHARACTER AND EVERY EVENT AND EVEEEEEEEEERY ABILITY APP

>:c
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers   Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 2:01 pm

Phry wrote:
THORO NOBODY CARES ABOUT SCARS JESUS STOP MENTIONING HIS RELEVANCE TO EVERY CHARACTER AND EVERY EVENT AND EVEEEEEEEEERY ABILITY APP

I care...*sniff*
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers   Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:10 pm

thorogoodd wrote:
Phry wrote:

I care...*sniff*

Any other character in Olden > Scars.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers   Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Phry wrote:

Phry actually has a point. This thread is about Zayl, not Scars, who quite frankly avoided a PK because of a couple admins having poor timing to discuss it.

As for this app, I was the one who brought it up, big surprise, so naturally I give this my approval.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers   Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zayl Rathman - Surge Link and Vindicator Powers
Page 1 of 1