Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Missing Munroe report

Go down 
+6
Phry
ViralHatred
Gambit
Rutabega
Markka
Pat
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Missing Munroe report Empty
PostSubject: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:00 pm

So Munroe seems to have vanished, along with all his character pages, his avatar, and his forum admin access.

I'm wondering if anyone knows where the fuck he is :<
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:05 pm

No clue. He seems to be on the SF list still, though.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:07 pm

The game is afoot!

Missing Munroe report Arthur-conan-doyle-sherlock-holmes
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 1:29 am

He was on six hours ago.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 1:43 am

It has begun.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:40 am

Probably thrown in the towel.

Perhaps i'm wrong but he told me he doesn't care about Aeria/olden.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:36 pm

It's not that he doesn't care about olden. Mun is feeling dissatisfied with RP in general, and he's tired of arguing and arguing and not having anything be shown for it. That, and other stuff.

He'd like the best for Olden, but he feels there's nothing more he can do, and he's not happy about his RP, either, so he's leaving. At least, that's what I've gotten. I might have messed up part of the message.

I didn't know he deleted all his stuff, though. Sad

Let us all have a moment of silence.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:08 pm

RP is lacking. No interest.

I can agree.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:19 pm

Glad to see that everyone is helping to alleviate this issue.

*Cough*
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:55 pm

Kain wrote:
It's not that he doesn't care about olden. Mun is feeling dissatisfied with RP in general, and he's tired of arguing and arguing and not having anything be shown for it. That, and other stuff.

He'd like the best for Olden, but he feels there's nothing more he can do, and he's not happy about his RP, either, so he's leaving. At least, that's what I've gotten. I might have messed up part of the message.

I didn't know he deleted all his stuff, though. Sad

Let us all have a moment of silence.

I would have appreciated a goodbye :\
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet
Name: Herr Doktor
Race: Doktor.

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:15 am

Gambit wrote:
RP is lacking. No interest.

I can agree.

Been like that for a while. We need a drastic way to spice roleplay up to get activity on.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 pm

problem is, nobody is open to changes.
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Dama Oscura wrote:
problem is, nobody is open to changes.

Yeah, I'd prefer some kind of moving along of the plot or a diff. location perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 2:12 pm

it's not the plot. the way we RP needs to have an overhaul, since the population that plays the way we do has waned.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 2:30 pm

What Is To Be Done: Burning Questions of our Movement

1. Set up a proper steam group and update it regularly.
a. Use it to get people on server via announcements.

2. Prompt roleplay that isn't a shitty Inn circlejerk and involves most/every character.
a. Active moderators/admins should be using mini-events to achieve this.
b. Recruit suitable candidates to make up for recent admin team shrink.

3. Make events more frequently.
a. Perhaps calls for the forming of a comittee for brainstorming/developing events futher.

4. Main-arc plot must progress faster on-server.
a. There is huge amounts that could be RP'd on server regarding the main plot e.g. Kazuth murders etc.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:45 pm

what phry said, seriously
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:52 pm

Thirded.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Do note there is NO admin team at the moment, just Pat.

Also, in regards to 4. We could, but Mack doesn't want to have Occitanians actually engage Surnans since he believes we'd be far too outmatched by the Occitanians' massive superiority in the realm of everything and that'd either lead to a lot of whining or powerplaying. This goes for the planned siege as well.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 7:03 pm

Occis nuke Surna, everyone GTFOs, new scenery?

... Hrm... Mages' planum... hmm...
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Markka wrote:
Occis nuke Surna, everyone GTFOs, new scenery?

... Hrm... Mages' planum... hmm...

yes please
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 7:59 pm

Ain't no nukes about, certainly no Occinukes.

Though a new plotline involving a temporary change lasting a few OOC months has been in development for some time but it needs more admins and general organization amongst everyone (which we lack) for it all to go together properly.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:22 am

For the record, even I'm leaving. I've been without gmod for a while, it was only a matter of time until I lost attachment, I guess.

I'll still be on Steam if people have lore questions, or general questions about things I've put in olden, but that's about it. So, here are a few parting words before I go. It's a little Col. StaR-esque, but I tried to keep it meaningful and relevant to everyone here. Well, here goes.

Roleplay is just a game, when you get down to it. It's a game like any other, and it's only best when you enjoy it with good friends. You're all very different people, and I know you like to form your own cliques, and that's natural and good. But just like people, communities grow and evolve, and help their participants mature. Part of that maturity is learning to value and trust your peers, no matter how different they are from you. The internet suffers from a huge lack of maturity, but that doesn't mean this community has to. With each departure, arrival and return, the occupants of Olden are forced to reflect a little on themselves and those around them. So, I hope all of you will do just that, mature a little from it, and learn to value the friends you have here. Jerks, weirdos, and narcissist they may be, they're no different than you are in this place, so get along with them. Play the game, don't let it play you.

That's everything. It's been fun, and I might come back someday, but for now, goodbye, Olden.

Last edited by Kain on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:03 am

Well, looks like we're all gonna need to do some collaboration to get people about and things going again. I'm sure there's quite a few people that'd get more active if we can get the ball rolling again. It just rests on us to do exactly that.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 8:21 am

Exactly, Ruta. If we just sit here and twiddle our thumbs, that's going to help nothing. One of the things that irks me is that Surna seems to be the number one place to attack in the entire plane of existance. The constant wars that threaten to doom the entirety of Surna and stuff get kinda boring after a while, especially if you haven't got a character fit enough to participate in doing anything to help. Only things left is hiding away from the RP just to not get murdered or twiddling your thumbs helplessly in the city.

We could use some fresh ideas, and apparently a fresh admin team since the majority of them has left. Some smaller scale events that'd hopefully benefit a good bunch of people and help them develop their characters. We would also need some simper quests for the beginning characters so that everyone can be involved with the more active side of the roleplay instead of "inn circlejerking" as previously stated by Phru (?).

What I was mumbling, is a suggestion that whenever I and Xelo manage to flesh out the Mages' guild thingie and start it up, Occitanians could attack Surna and probably grind it to dust. The Mages would show up and slow the Occitanians down while the people of Surna are being evacuated via portals to some other location. I'm not sure if that would help us accomplish the goal here, but I think that it could help, provided we'd have enough people participating for once, at least. Aside from the playerbase issues, we'd probably need to figure out where exactly we'd be going.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:23 am

o7 Kain.

I doubt anything short of Redwell could slow them down.

Especially not mages, seeing as Occitan is majorly anti-magic and knows how to combat it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Missing Munroe report
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next