Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Missing Munroe report

Go down 
+6
Phry
ViralHatred
Gambit
Rutabega
Markka
Pat
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Missing Munroe report - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:29 pm

Markka wrote:
Exactly, Ruta. If we just sit here and twiddle our thumbs, that's going to help nothing. One of the things that irks me is that Surna seems to be the number one place to attack in the entire plane of existance. The constant wars that threaten to doom the entirety of Surna and stuff get kinda boring after a while, especially if you haven't got a character fit enough to participate in doing anything to help. Only things left is hiding away from the RP just to not get murdered or twiddling your thumbs helplessly in the city.

We could use some fresh ideas, and apparently a fresh admin team since the majority of them has left. Some smaller scale events that'd hopefully benefit a good bunch of people and help them develop their characters. We would also need some simper quests for the beginning characters so that everyone can be involved with the more active side of the roleplay instead of "inn circlejerking" as previously stated by Phru (?).

What I was mumbling, is a suggestion that whenever I and Xelo manage to flesh out the Mages' guild thingie and start it up, Occitanians could attack Surna and probably grind it to dust. The Mages would show up and slow the Occitanians down while the people of Surna are being evacuated via portals to some other location. I'm not sure if that would help us accomplish the goal here, but I think that it could help, provided we'd have enough people participating for once, at least. Aside from the playerbase issues, we'd probably need to figure out where exactly we'd be going.

Your idea(s) closely mimic(s) what the previous admin team and I had been planning for quite a while in advance. Perhaps by a few months in advance.

I've been meaning to do this, but I've been unable because of time restraints and my own exhaustion. Regardless, I'd like to get together the four faction moderators that have been created, who now, more or less, act as my admin team. This includes Mack, Markka, and Xeloras, who have already been asked and accepted, and you, Phry, who I haven't had a chance to ask. So consider this a formal invitation.

As Ruta has said, there's been alot of stuff going around in the background regarding the new plot, but it's been stoppered by these new problems.

If I can't speak to you guys all at once, I'll talk to you one on one, if need be.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Phry wrote:
o7 Kain.

I doubt anything short of Redwell could slow them down.

Especially not mages, seeing as Occitan is majorly anti-magic and knows how to combat it.

I suppose the mages and their pets could keep the Occis busy long enough to evacuate the populace of Surna. I doubt every single unit is clad in metals that nullify everything of magical nature.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:36 pm

Phry wrote:
o7 Kain.

I doubt anything short of Redwell could slow them down.

Especially not mages, seeing as Occitan is majorly anti-magic and knows how to combat it.

It's one thing to know how to defeat a mage in direct combat, and quite another to combat it from afar, in a 'battlemage uses a shower of superheated rock' type thing.

And also, Occitan might be powerful, but it's certainly not powerful enough that only Kain Redwell could slow them down.

Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:46 pm

i'm just gonna go for a long shot here, but I do have my own personal script and a 32 slot server, if that's necessary. The server is a gift from a hosting company so I can use it whenever until they go broke or something.

I'm more than ready to help, and this time I'll certainly be more open to commentary. After all, Tiramisu is nearly done nowadays.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:48 pm

Knowing how to get around a mage is always nice, but being in the middle of ranks in a battlefield, and a fireball comes at you at a high speed, all the anti-mage training in the world won't help you
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:35 pm

B3SERK wrote:
Knowing how to get around a mage is always nice, but being in the middle of ranks in a battlefield, and a fireball comes at you at a high speed, all the anti-mage training in the world won't help you

While this doesn't apply for most people. I find going straight through a mage is the best way to beat them. Get in close and do literally everything you can to disrupt their weaving. That plus a suit of Stygian and you're good to go.

With Pat's permission I wouldn't mind going into vague detail about what we had planned, cause since I first heard about it a month or so ago I've been very involved in it's fruition and I'd personally love to see it happen, though it might be best of everybody is informed of it, considering our current need for a unified move forwards towards getting things working again.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Gmod is god awful too.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing Munroe report   Missing Munroe report - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Missing Munroe report
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2