Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lucius Kell

Go down 
+9
Omap
Xeloras
thorogoodd
PuPeT-KaI
Pat
TRUlyjuST
Munroe
Rutabega
B3SERK
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:41 pm

Name: Lucius Kell
Race: Human
Height: 5'11"
Hair: Brown, Short
Eyes: Brown, Very Dark

Goals

Honor the Kell Family Name: Eternal
Avoid Shar's Vengeance: Eternal
Learn about the world: Eternal
Find more work as a mercenary: On-Going

Family History

Spoiler:

Personal History

Spoiler:

Equipment

Spoiler:

Equipment Pictures

Spoiler:

Skills

Spoiler:

Examples of Spells

Spoiler:

Last edited by B3SERK on Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:57 pm; edited 26 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 5:12 pm

One thing that I note is the musket. Wheellocks are incredibly expensive and require a lot of extensive knowledge to maintain to a working level, especially when it comes to muskets and arquebuses, which is the only reason I personally can see for both a wheellock and matchlock stats, since the reloading and firing of these is very similar, minus the burning rope part that goes with a matchlock. That and, even if a musket was trimmed down for it's weight it'd still be too long to properly aim without a firing stick.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 5:41 pm

Quote :
Family History:

I do like the "badass family" trope when it's invoked properly, here, I'm not so sure.

Quote :
The Udgrads began in the troubled ages of Talibar's early war with Occitan, where a man and a woman, both of families that were almost wiped out, had their last names legally changed to "Udgrad" in order to ward off assassins that by now are long-dead. Their ploy worked, and the man, an experience sell-sword, and the woman, an amateur pyromancer, began a large family in a cottage out in the forests of Talibar, nearest to the town of Surna. For a generation or two, the family grew in the cottage, and all were instructed by the aging originators of the family in fire magic and swordsmanship, so no matter what path in life they chose, they would at least be able to defend themselves. Due to this upbringing focused on violence, as the Udgrad children spread out across the world, most of them found jobs as mercenaries, or something similarly exciting. However, a few remained at the cottage even after the death of the original Udgrads, where they farmed a small plot of land and occasionally performed their magics in country shows, more for practice than money.

This just seems odd. It almost sounds like incest is being implied here, but also, the entire family seems utterly focused on improving their magical and combative talents, to the exclusion of even money.

Quote :
Udgrad spent the majority of his twenties in the town of Surna, where he arrived shortly before the Sharite War. Before even arriving he had picked up the art of necromancy, as well as established friends in the underworld of the then-illegal art. He was surprised to find that necromancy was legal in Surna, by the authority of a local guard commander, and due to this, decided to stay. Over the course of his time there he did many things, including joining the guard and attaining the rank of lieutenant, becoming a Sharite follower and self-proclaimed leader of the local vampires, and then betraying Shar, revealing the location of the Black Tower and allowing Ms. Munroe to sacrifice herself and destroy Shar's avatar. Due to the final act, a particular agent of Shar, known as the "Shady Man" swore vengeance, a vengeance the Udgrads have been wary of since, though later they will attempt, with mixed success, to reconcile with Shar.

Just a quick correction here, I did give Shady Man a name, Sevim. I must also point out that John's survival after betraying a vengeful God in the process of taking over the world and foiling her plans would have certainly gotten him killed. That was a mistake on my part, for not having Sevim - and Shar herself - take more precautions about keeping John loyal. And for not forcing a PK on him afterwards. This is part of why it's not a good idea to let players such as myself take on the role of Gods, whether directly or indirectly. So, I apologize for that.

Quote :
However, when Surna was abandoned by Talibar, John Udgrad abandoned it as well, and during the flood of refugees found himself in a foreign land, where he proceeded to make his fortune as an entrepreneur and high-brow mercenary captain. While he did that, the rest of the Udgrad family suffered, lost their cottage, almost died out, and then ended up in the flood of refugees, but John eventually found them, and took them in. During this time they built Udgrad Keep near the border of the Occitanian expansion, a small fortress situated on a hill with only two approaches, one of which is up a cliff-face. It has a high wall, a Mausoleum, a few houses, farms that make it self-sufficient, and a large family vault, all of which surround the central keep.

I'm missing the part where the family suddenly became enormously rich and built a castle. And this was okay by the people who owned the land the castle was built on.

Quote :
Soon after construction was finished, John Udgrad, now an aged, but powerful necromancer, dissapeared into the deepest recesses of the family mausoleum, where family history dictates that he performed a ritual to turn himself into a lich. No one knows of the ritual's success, but the old necromancer's last decree was that should the Udgrad family line ever badly need his help, or should a conflict (preferably with Occitan) of sufficient magnitude arise, he would rise from his tomb and assist his family.

Oh, this won't ever be brought up later. How did John learn to become a Lich, anyway? All he had was a necromancer's cookbook. I'm missing something, aren't I?

Quote :
Over the next 150 years, the next generations of Udgrad coveted their fortunes and their mountain home, yet still sent their children out to travel the world and make their fortunes. Yet they formed new traditions to prepare them for this. Swordsmanship and fire magic were still taught, but all other practices were dominated by necromancy, which was kept secret by the Udgrad family, should law ever interfere with their favorite practice. The growth of an Udgrad child was fret with learning of practical things. Knowledge of the world, magic, fighting, and the trials of Udgrad Keep. These trials would be a range of things, from fighting an undead creature, to avoiding traps, and even things like psychological torture. All of which were experiences that taught the Udgrad children through experience, and this experience steeled their minds and bodies for their travels around the world. These travels would only be sanctioned by the family if that child had passed enough of the family's tests, then only if these trials are passed with the child receive their inheritance, some equipment, some money, and of course the ever-present skills taught to them, and experiences in survival and success given to them. Most of the Udgrad wealth is hoarded by the family in their keep.

Once again, it seems this entire family is utterly devoted to the sole purpose of learning magic / how to fight. It just doesn't seem normal for an entire family to act this way. Maybe the incest led to mental issues.

Quote :
There are only two requirements of an Udgrad once they leave the keep, that they travel the world, and that they spend at least a week in Surna.

Um, okay.

Quote :
The Udgrad Family Vault:

I'm just going to assume that any of this stuff can also be accessed by Lucius, because I don't see why his own family would keep him out of this vault.

Quote :
Thorn Razel's Lieutenant Badge, which was later given to John Udgrad upon his promotion

I have no clue why this is in a vault, but okay.

Quote :
A 200 year old Bronze Gas Mask

A gas mask this old probably wouldn't work, even if it was magic. You probably know that, just clarifying.

Quote :
John Udgrad's Tempest Mace and necromancy-amplifying mask

What the crap is this.

Quote :
1x Book of necromancy which is disguised to look like a cook-book to the casual observer (first and last few pages look like a cook-book, so does the cover/binding/back of the book (This is mainly for long, boring nights of guard duty and for Lucius to keep his studies into his favorite art up, as well as occasionally lead to new insights into that art.)

I'm going to ignore the fact that a group of necromancers (or whoever created this) decided to dress up a book of necromancy as a cookbook. But the origin of this book has never been explained, unless I'm forgetting something. I recall something about John Udgrad buying it under mysterious circumstances.

Quote :
Most other weapons: [ l l l l l l l l l l ] (4/10)
Lucius has rudimentary training in most weapons, though he lacks practice and while he could fight efficiently with other weapons, he would rather have those he uses more often.

I like to believe nothing's impossible, but... this is impossible. Lucius is 27 years old, and has training with "most other weapons" to the point he can pretty much pick and competently use any of them? What does "most other weapons" even mean?

Quote :
Necromancy of the Body: [ l l l l l l l l l l ] (6/10)
This art is mainly concerned with the manipulation of flesh and bone, the most basic aspect of necromancy, this allows the user to do such things as put flesh under temporary or permanent necrosis to either keep bleeding wounds at bay, or harm enemies by literally draining the life from them. This also involves the art of manipulating the dead to serve, though Lucius does not do this often. Anything that involves altering flesh or bone concerns this art.

Necromancy of the Mind: [ l l l l l l l l l l ] (7/10)
While far lesser known and more secretly taught than necromancy of the body, this type of necromancy involves the killing of portions of the brain for a specific purpose, insight into the thoughts of others through direct contact, and the placing of wards or curses that involve altering the personality or thoughts of another. This type of necromancy was taught to John Udgrad by a master, and then passed down to his descendants, it is risky and controversial among the necromancer community, as even the slightest mistake could make the object brain-dead, though the most common side-effect is memory loss. This is Lucius's favorite art, and his most learned and practiced, compared to necromancy of the body, he is far more developed and interested in it, though that doesn't mean he couldn't make mistakes.

But who taught John Udgrad? "A master", this says. Was it the same guy who showed him how to become a lich? How did John find this guy? Also, I'm no expert on necromancy (who is?) but I don't think it involves killing things and then controlling them. The Sacred Field in Aeria's lore prevents directly killing parts of people's bodies, anyway. Necromancy literally means "dead control", as in, control of something that's dead already. If a necromancer could choose to just suck the life out of something and then control it, that would kind of make him some sort of Vitamancer/Necromancer cross. Or someone with a really twisted sense of humor.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 5:55 pm

Tl;dr of Munroe above, nerf skills and powers, probably remove a few too powerful items, and give a bit more back story to explain his training. Personally I don't like the wheel lock and the high level of skills, make a few changes and I would probably accept.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:00 pm

Well, I'd like to know who taught your characters to be impervious to blows and such as well.

Don't think I've forgotten how overpowered your main character was Munroe, you're just trying to pick a fight here by being dense.

No incest is implied, as I mentioned new wives being brought in from outside, this is one of the reasons for the Udgrads to go around the world.

I will replace "Shady Man" for "Sevim" however this wouldn't be entirely accurate seeing as Udgrad never learned his name, and I doubt he was commonly known as Sevim, also it's not my fault you never tried to kill Udgrad. Also the fact that you would even say "force a pk" worries me.

Actually I won't even answer some of these, because they're just obviously meant to be dense. Like when you ask where John got his money, even though I point out that it was through entrepreneurship, or that you "Assume any of this stuff can be accessed by Lucius" when I clearly say that he can't, because if every Udgrad could access the vault, it would have been emptied years ago, that's why it's a vault, and not an armory.

However, you do bring up two valid points at the end, I should clarify that the "training" with all other weapons was really just maybe a week per other weapon, basically how to swing it and possibly a few practice fight, I'll lower that skill to three.

The sacred field lore that you mentioned has never really been brought up with this before. I have rped the whole life sucking thing before, and no one has ever brought that up, so you're either right, or trying to bend the truth just to piss me off.

Honestly Munroe, I don't think you would accept any character of mine that has magic or anything shinier than a button, the sarcasm your comments give off lacks any sense of constructive criticism, and more a sense of just trying to pick a fight.

((In response to Truly, you're a bit more reasonable, I'll lower the skills a bit. As I've mentioned, the only gear Lucius has access to is his equipment, none of the stuff in the vault is available to him. I'll also add to his biography a bit.))

Also I know for a fact muskets can be fired accurately without a firing stick, this includes wheel-locks, match-locks, and dog-locks, I would know, I fired them myself.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:15 pm

Keep in mind that not all things true in real life apply to Olden, I would recommend reading up on some of the new lore, and I'll be honest, I don't fully understand the sacred field yet, should probably research that a bit myself. Also, I personally would think you need 1, maybe 2 more points reduced in skills, but that is personal opinion, may not be shared with everyone.

Finally... I'll be honest, I feel slightly nervous about the vault. I am not completely against it, but how exactly would you go about trying to enter? What is the point of having it if you don't plan on gaining the items within? And, how much more powerful will your character become when he gains those items?

Last edited by TRUlyjuST on Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:15 pm

I have an issue with his apparent marksmanship abilities. When he shot Sibyl/Shelob, was the musket in his hands readied? Or did he just whip it out? If it was the latter, the weight of the musket would have thrown the shot way off.

Ruta is right. Wheel-Locks are complicated, expensive devices that require regular maintenance. Either he regularly pays someone skilled to maintain it, or he has a working knowledge of the mechanics behind it. Otherwise, the wheel-lock will gradually degrade and eventually jam up or misfire.

The Vault seems mostly harmless, trinkets and trophies, except for the 'necromancy amplifying mask'. I'm not sure how such a thing would work, but I don't remember John Udgrad ever having such a thing or applying for one.

His skills are excessive. If he's had time to train with a sword to such a level, he wouldn't have enough time to train with 'all other weapons'. Munroe is right about the 'Necromancy of the Mind'. While Necromancers can control even the very recently dead, they cannot directly afflict them. The Sacred Field prohibits it. While Necromancers can and do use curses, it doesn't involve draining the life from them.

Lucius may have learned from one of his family members, but who did Udgrad learn from?

Edit : Munroe was right about the Sacred Field. It's something of an obscure bit of lore, but it's lore. The Sacred Field is the outer part of the soul that fills the body while they're alive. The Sacred Field is a super-dense, intertwined field of energy that extends from the soul and is what allows someone to use magic in the first place. It also interferes with foreign sources of magic, including one's own to an extent. This disallows things like boiling someone's blood or freezing them from the inside using magic.

Double Edit : We're using the early age of firearms in Olden, meaning muskets are too heavy to accurately fire without using something to brace and aim. Also, I don't like the idea of Lich-John, and entrepreneurship doesn't seem like enough to allow the building of a full scale castle.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:30 pm

John Udgrad bought that mask from some mysterious salesman who was selling all sorts of masks with souls trapped inside of them, one of the admins was rping this salesman.

The vault is purely for elaboration on the family history, Lucius doesn't have access to the items, and never will.

The skills aren't really that excessive, the goal of the family is to send out their children to make their lot and life, and bring money back to the Keep, I'll elaborate on the entrepreneurship and I'll modify the skills part in accordance to the sacred field.

I'll just remove the "all other weapons" part, but honest, it's not that damn complicated, it's just saying that he knows how to swing something that isn't a sword, though with hardly any skill, really it's redundant.

Also I'd like to suggest that everyone commenting read the short descriptions added to the skill meters, because really he isn't that skilled if you take those into account.

As for the firearms, I find it hard to believe that the muskets are so unwieldy as to not be able to be fired at a target a few feet away without a firing stick, however I have read the lore article again, and I'll keep that in mind and add two firing sticks to his inventory, seeing as he would need them.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:36 pm

Well, the reason I asked whether or not he had it readied was because if he DID have it readied, it would be better than pulling it from somewhere else and quickly firing it. In the lore, Muskets are meant to be used against heavily armored targets, and have a longer range than arquebuses at the cost of being far heavier and requiring the deployment of a firing stick.

Also, is the family Keep a Castle or simply a fortified stone structure? Because the latter would be far more reasonable.

I would prefer if John Udgrad was changed from a Lich to a sort of family-revenant capable of being awoken to defend the family, given the status of Lich invokes sentience and extreme power.

Last edited by Pat on Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Alright, that just leaves the wheel-lock musket and the whole sacred field thingy
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:44 pm

B3SERK wrote:
Well, I'd like to know who taught your characters to be impervious to blows and such as well.

Don't think I've forgotten how overpowered your main character was Munroe, you're just trying to pick a fight here by being dense.

Yeah, I've never RPed a character who was impervious to blows, so I don't know what you're on about. I voluntarily had my most powerful character killed off. And if it's Eleanor you're talking about, she was "impervious to blows" because she wore a set of platemail. No platemail = vulnerable human. And even wearing platemail has its drawbacks. Eleanor's was resistant to magic, but not completely immune to it. It was also not impervious to blows in the least, I never RPed it that way. During the Call to Duty quest, she had to remove her cuirass because it got hit with a fireball and got too hot to bear. She then got shot with an arrow because taking off your armor is stupid. Eleanor had no real magical skill or extra-special abilities, she was just a fighter, played straight, with some nice equipment to balance out the fact everyone she dealt with was practically a demigod.

If it's neither of those, than please refresh my memory, it's terrible as you may know.

Quote :
No incest is implied, as I mentioned new wives being brought in from outside, this is one of the reasons for the Udgrads to go around the world.

Okay okay, sorry about the incest thing, it was stupid, I know.

Quote :
I will replace "Shady Man" for "Sevim" however this wouldn't be entirely accurate seeing as Udgrad never learned his name, and I doubt he was commonly known as Sevim, also it's not my fault you never tried to kill Udgrad. Also the fact that you would even say "force a pk" worries me.

I don't blame you for the Sevim thing, that was never made clear. But yeah, a PK can be forced. If you have your character jump off a cliff, he's not going to survive just because you want him to. Same applies for pissing off a God. I'm sorry, but that's just how things work, and unless he did a heel face turn and became super-devoted to Tyr or something like that, I don't think anything could've saved John from Shar's wrath. And I never said it was your fault, it's mine, and I take the blame for it.

Quote :
Actually I won't even answer some of these, because they're just obviously meant to be dense. Like when you ask where John got his money, even though I point out that it was through entrepreneurship, or that you "Assume any of this stuff can be accessed by Lucius" when I clearly say that he can't, because if every Udgrad could access the vault, it would have been emptied years ago, that's why it's a vault, and not an armory.

Ah, I must have skimmed over that, my bad. But my argument about the vault still stands. Lucius would probably know how to open it, and could potentially get stuff out if he wanted to. Unless the family just forgot how to open it, or for whatever reason didn't let fellow family members open it. It could do with some explaining.

Quote :
The sacred field lore that you mentioned has never really been brought up with this before. I have rped the whole life sucking thing before, and no one has ever brought that up, so you're either right, or trying to bend the truth just to piss me off.

Honestly Munroe, I don't think you would accept any character of mine that has magic or anything shinier than a button, the sarcasm your comments give off lacks any sense of constructive criticism, and more a sense of just trying to pick a fight.

I admit I got a bit dickish in my post, but if I had it in for you as much as you say, I probably wouldn't have even bothered typing it. I might not have even said anything at all. Surely you can admit that at least some of my post was constructive, that implies a desire to help. I'm also not trying to pick a fight, fights just waste time and make everyone unhappy.

Quote :
I'll just remove the "all other weapons" part, but honest, it's not that damn complicated, it's just saying that he knows how to swing something that isn't a sword, though with hardly any skill, really it's redundant.

That's not what the skill bar indicated. 4/10, just under "a good understanding of how to operate this weapon". If you truly meant this, then okay, it just wasn't very clear to us.

Last edited by Munroe on Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:50 pm

Well I'm glad you brought the sacred field thing up, thank you for that. I can also see how the skill bar may have been confusing, that's why I've removed that part now, it was a stupid addition to begin with.

We really need a universal skill rating system, this is far from the first time people have gotten confused at what I mean in the skill bars.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:56 pm

B3SERK wrote:
We really need a universal skill rating system

I agree, I was thinking skill bars, should we continue to use them, could be an indicator of percentile. 9/10 meaning 90th percentile, and so on. Otherwise, just abolish skill bars and have people describe their skills more clearly.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:01 pm

What do you think of what I said in my last post? About the Keep, family revenant and all?

Also, I'd very much like if his necromancy skill was bumped down and merged into one category, and focused less on the controlling of people through necrotic brain matter and more about summoning spirits, creating undead servants and curses.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Since I'm not really going to bother to read much of the above comments;

If this hasn't already been mentioned, if he has no way of accessing the vault and its unlikely anything would be there what was the point of even having it in the character page?
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Beat you to it Pat Very Happy Did that in my last edit, I'll further edit it though as I find the description a bit lacking at the moment.

Also, as I've mentioned the keep is very small, and yes, it is more of a fortified stone structure, it doesn't even have turrets or similar battlements. The only real fortifications are a flat roof and a wall.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:06 pm

It has been mentioned already, Orange, and it's just for a bit of family history.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:12 pm

Pat wrote:
It has been mentioned already, Orange, and it's just for a bit of family history.

It doesn't seem like it really fits into the page though. Maybe it's just me, but I think it'd be more of something that would go into the 'what happened to them' thread. :Y
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:13 pm

An early musket was basically an upsized arquebus, often being about as tall as your normal man and was heavy enough to be used as a very effective club. The arquebus is closer to what people consider a normal gun, being about the weight length of your run of the mill bolt action rifle. In short, firing a musket without a stand or trying to hipfire it would be like trying to do the same thing in real life with a PTRS anti tank rifle.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:15 pm

Hmmm, these muskets were from an earlier period than I had anticipated in that case.

In light of this I hope no one minds if I change it to a arquebus, and remove the firing sticks.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:20 pm

No problem.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:44 am

What does it mean by high quality powder?

Double post because yup

Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:47 am

Pat wrote:
Double post because yup

Bloody blasphemy right there.

I myself don't see a point in the powder. However, what kind of metal the slug is made out of, that could make a big difference.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 11:50 am

Finer powder is for greater accuracy, the slug would make more difference, yes, but should I ever need to take one very accurate shot, that's what the fine powder is for.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 1:52 pm

B3SERK wrote:
Finer powder is for greater accuracy, the slug would make more difference, yes, but should I ever need to take one very accurate shot, that's what the fine powder is for.

I guess depending on the quality of the powder, the projectile would move faster or slower, but really it has nearly nothing to do with accuracy, in comparison to the rifling of the barrel (assuming it has any, which at this point it probably doesn't) and the quality of the projectile, a smooth, well made musket ball is going to go much further, more accurately, than a poorly made, rough and low quality musket ball.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lucius Kell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lucius Kell
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next