Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lucius Kell

Go down 
+9
Omap
Xeloras
thorogoodd
PuPeT-KaI
Pat
TRUlyjuST
Munroe
Rutabega
B3SERK
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 1:59 pm

Believe me, powder does make a difference, one of the reasons France lost the Napoleonic wars was because their powder was coarse and horrible.

The fine powder really doesn't make a difference, I'll remove it so everyone can nitpick about some other trivial detail.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:19 pm

B3SERK wrote:
Believe me, powder does make a difference, one of the reasons France lost the Napoleonic wars was because their powder was coarse and horrible.

The fine powder really doesn't make a difference, I'll remove it so everyone can nitpick about some other trivial detail.

Never said it didn't make a difference, I said in comparison to the rifling of the barrel, and the quality of the projectile, it wasn't as important.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:28 pm

When it comes to an arquebus, not really, but if this was still a musket yes it would, anyways, anyone spot anything else?
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:28 pm

I'd like to know what curses he'd be capable of performing, and how many spirits he'd be able to summon and control at the same time. Not to mention the preparation time of summoning the spirits or resurrecting a body.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:46 pm

I'm sorry, is this the Spanish inquisition? Isn't this the point of skill bars? I'd say one or so spirits at most, and it would probably take a minute or two, I'm not going to list every damn thing he can do, it says why right there, read, I don't see everyone else getting asked numerous redundant questions, and I don't see everyone who has magic listing every single thing they can do.

You know what, fuck it, I'm just going to pull things from DnD, that seems to work.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:33 pm

It's been stated in several threads that skill bars are ambiguous, and while it does state that he has the ability to cast "decent spells," I'm not sure what decent spells in necromancy and curses would be. In the case of DnD things, when I was looking into Truly's character, he gave a blurb on the nature of his abilities on the page, which led me to be able to assume what he'd be capable of. Even after that though, I still talked to him to make sure I had it all right, they're no better than a proper explanation of abilities.

But, as I was typing this response, you've already done what I asked, which I thank you for. Would cause fear be an example of one of his curses? And could you provide another example or two of curses if it is? While one example is nice, I want more of a global scope of what he'd be able to do.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:25 pm

Fair enough, I'll add a few more.

Actually, I'll make this far simpler, and stick the entire list of DnD necromancer abilities, I'll just use those as the average scope of what Lucius can do.

I'd say lvl 0-1 would be fairly easy

lvl 2 would be harder, but still manageable

lvl 3 would be the hardest he can do at the moment, and they're exhausting

Of course these wouldn't be all the abilities he could use, but there are ample examples.

Last edited by B3SERK on Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:31 pm

Done, and double-posted

Now does anyone else have any nits to pick?
Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:57 pm

Isn't this the same as your old char with a different name and a vault?
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:00 pm

B3SERK wrote:
1x Key to a room in the Surna Inn (I know there are only two rooms, but for now it's this or sleep in the streets, Lucius has the money to pay for it, for now.)

I'm going to have to ask for this to be nullified. Didn't happen ICly.

EDIT: Actually, in reply to that quote-
Spoiler:

Last edited by Krug on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:03 pm

And the necromancy-amplifying mask was never approved.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:08 pm

That's funny, seeing as you sold it to me psyche, and I'll remove the key, there wasn't anyone to buy the room from at the time, I'll do that later.

Also, does anyone have something relevant to say about this character?

Also he is far different from John Udgrad, different temperament, not as sarcastic, etc.

Does not know fire magic

Has a family-pride thing going, despite the training his family put him through technically being child abuse.

I think I'll just remove the vault as well.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:14 pm

I also specifically told you to make an application for it the mask.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:15 pm

Also I don't know if anyone mentioned the rare, expensive wheel-lock firearm but-

Seriously man. :\
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Does anyone have anything, that isn't trivial and irrelevant, to say?
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:33 pm

B3SERK wrote:

Well if you'll just ignore our legitimate concerns and criticism on a casual whim, then I'm flat out denying this.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:34 pm

Krug wrote:
B3SERK wrote:

Well if you'll just ignore our legitimate concerns and criticism on a casual whim, then I'm flat out denying this.

Same here. Munroe also was flat-out insulted for his input, too.

This gets my deny.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:35 pm

Final thing for me would have to be the wheel-lock. They are supposed to be rare and very hard to maintain. Also, sorry of we're giving you a hard time, we just don't want to be too lenient with who gets what, that was one of the greatest downfalls of old Olden.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Good to know downfalls can't be learned from.

Also if the same questions are repeated multiple times, even after they've been answered, are they really still legitimate input?

Maybe I'll just make another generic character with a completely un-interesting background like all the others that are immediately accepted.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:44 pm

B3SERK wrote:
Good to know downfalls can't be learned from.

Also if the same questions are repeated multiple times, even after they've been answered, are they really still legitimate input?

Maybe I'll just make another generic character with a completely un-interesting background like all the others that are immediately accepted.

Even if we're repeating ourselves, answer me this, with a simple summarised sentence- Who taught him to use magic, and how on earth does he buy and maintain a wheel-lock?

Just lay it out, nice and clarified.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:40 pm

TRUlyjuST wrote:
Final thing for me would have to be the wheel-lock. They are supposed to be rare and very hard to maintain. Also, sorry of we're giving you a hard time, we just don't want to be too lenient with who gets what, that was one of the greatest downfalls of old Olden.

Not so much rare as very expensive, probably costing about four times as much if not more than a decent quality matchlock.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 11:30 pm

I just realized it actually does make sense that John Udgrad wasn't totally killed for betraying Shar, because I had forgotten - Sevim usurped her. If Shar hadn't been totally weakened, this wouldn't have been possible, so Sevim would have spared John for inadvertently helping him gain power. Shar has only recently won back her realm, and would probably have something in store for the current generation of Udgrads.

I think the main reason people are having problems with this is it kind of defeats the purpose of the time-skip. Everyone's starting out with newer, weaker characters who are dirt poor, you're starting with a well-equipped necromancer who's also wealthy.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 12:35 am

Munroe wrote:
so Sevim would have spared John for inadvertently helping him gain power..

Unless he was a real asshole.

And yeah I think Mun does have the short of it there. While two hundred years is a valid reason for the possibility of more wealth, power and soforth within a family the way we're sort of trying to go is in the opposite direction to keep a rift from opening between newer/older characters in terms of power, be it monetary, magical or otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 12:40 am

Here's what I would view as acceptable.

John Udgrad is the family revenant, not Lich. It can be RUMORED of, spread around (for intimidation, fear, w/e) but he isn't actually a Lich. John Udgrad only awakens when the family calls upon him to guard their Keep. He is capable of powerful magics, but cannot leave the Keep.

The Arquebus I have no problem with, and I am willing to accept a wheel-lock, if you either make room for enough of a mechanics skill to personally keep it maintained or you're willing to pay a fee to have a gunsmith maintain it. Of course you COULD have the wheel-lock and not do either of those and just let it degrade until it jams up and you have to trash the whole gun. If you include a mechanics skill, you'd have to bump one of your other abilities down. I don't want the ability to simply appear like "oh, that too" just so you don't have to pay to use a wheel-lock.

While all of the DnD spells (except for the animate dead spell. There are no 'black gems' in olden) are okay, there are plenty of other possibilities. If you'd like to talk to me, I can give you a large swath of spell possibilities for his level of skill and later development. I wouldn't view DnD as a reliable source of lore-accurate spells, and for this reason I'm going to take a look at Truly's character, given he used DnD spells.

I see no problem with the Keep or the Vault, given, again, the Keep is simply a small stone building and the Vault is mostly trophies and trinkets inaccessible to Lucius. If the Necromancy-Enhancing To'Mire mask was never applied for or accepted, I'd like it retconned.

The Fine Powder and whatnot is okay, I was just wondering about it.

While it doesn't apply to Lucius directly, I'd like to address the question that others have pointed out; how did John learn necromancy? The best thing to do would be to retcon in a teacher, as you've apparently done. While others may say that it's just asspulling a teacher to explain how John learned his craft, what else is berserk supposed to do? That time of roleplay is over. He can't very well change it any other way, and if you bring up the fact of John Udgrad having no teacher to invalidate this character, the only possible way to fix it would be what I mentioned. That said, while it's possible that Lucius learned from his family and uses the book as a refresher course for his own skills, I'd say that any new skills would need to be learned from a teacher.

I'd prefer if John Udgrad did NOT become a wealthy entrepreneur before the creation of the family keep. Being a well-paid mercenary captain is better (especially given the chaos of those times) but it seems unrealistic that John spawned this huge company while during mercenary work and then sold it even before he found the rest of the Udgrads.

In regards to the above post by Munroe, I was about to say that (That Sevim had usurped Shar). I personally think that would be a good plot/story/challenge for Lucius,(Shar looking for revenge on the Udgrads) so long as it isn't completely impossible to escape from.

Please don't disregard this, Berserk. I would have preferred to talk to you over steam, but you didn't answer.

Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:48 am

joon oodgrod

i have made my input

Psychandromida wrote:
Shit posting is a bannable offense, you know.

o shit wut hav i done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lucius Kell
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next