Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lucius Kell

Go down 
+9
Omap
Xeloras
thorogoodd
PuPeT-KaI
Pat
TRUlyjuST
Munroe
Rutabega
B3SERK
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Lucius Kell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 12:52 pm

Krug wrote:
Even if we're repeating ourselves, answer me this, with a simple summarised sentence- Who taught him to use magic, and how on earth does he buy and maintain a wheel-lock?

Just lay it out, nice and clarified.

Right, as I placed in John Udgrad's original app (which was accepted originally, but was later deleted by mack) John Udgrad was originally taught (and I would have tried to find a teacher on-server, but most of the time Pat had the only char that knew necromancy, and I don't think his char was willing to teach, when a necromancer's guild type deal was proposed, I did sign up for it, but it never got off of the ground, so as previously mentioned, there were no real necromancer teachers on-server.) by some some un-named necromancy teachers that he found in another city. These teachers belonged to a sort of underground society of necromancers that practice and teach necromancy (being an illegal practice, something like this would have to exist or risk being wiped out). That was my original story and it received no criticism during the original accept as far as I know.

As for Lucius, due to John's funding of the entire family and fervent pursuit of necromancy, the entire family picked up the practice in secret, and taught it to their children as sort of a life-skill. As convoluted as teaching this to those who have only recently finished their development of their sacred field may seem, it's Udgrad family practice, and the family's favorite form of magic, which Lucius was taught as with all the other children, and took a particular liking too.

The wheel-lock was bought by the family, and the practices for maintining it would have been taught to Lucius, but since I see that the wheel-lock will get me nothing but trouble, I have changed it to a match-lock.

Sorry I couldn't fit that in a single sentence, but I wanted to be as detailed as possible as to avoid further confusion.

I have also updated the "reanimate dead" spell a bit to be more fitting with olden lore, and have changed John from a lich to a revenant, which is probably a far better idea, along with other changes, including John only being a mercenary captain, not an entrepreneur.

Also as for Shar coming after the Udgrads, that would be interesting, as long as I'm not faced with an impossible-to-beat character like Sevim, who would easily kick Lucius's ass (and he would have kicked John's too, easily.)

EDIT: As for the rift between old/new characters, I did think about just dropping Lucius, but at this point I've put hours of effort into this application, and his gear (especially with the removal of the wheel-lock) actually doesn't cost that much. However Lucius is completely new, and has a completely different personality, so he should differ enough, also the history behind this character is far different than the history behind John Udgrad. Also I've hardly seen any characters with the whole "noble family" (though the Udgrads aren't really a noble family) family pride thing going, and I thought having a character like that would be nice for a change, if you understand what I mean.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:03 pm

Alright, looked over changes, as far as I can tell it looks alright, so I believe I shall accept, unless someone brings up reason enough not to
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm okay with a match-lock. Thanks for explaining :3.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:53 pm

Sorry if I got a little frustrated there, I've had to answer that question many times over the past couple of years.

Anyways, does this seem good to everyone else? I'd like to address any other problems.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:54 pm

Updates: Heavily edited, changed the name and changed sections of the background, the story is largely the same, with the exception of the notable ancestor's past (now Hale Kell), which still gives Shar reason for vengeance.

I've also decreased necromancy and the sword and dagger to 5, that should be more reasonable. Chain-mail has been changed to Half-Armor, hopefully no one minds, but Half-Armor fits with the new setting in a better way, I also changed the long-sword to a basket-hilted sword, also to fit the times, hopefully no one minds. Uniform word color adopted and equipment pictures added.

Hopefully the change in name and such will convey that this is a new character, not just John Udgrad 2.0, there are many things that are different here.

Any comments are welcome, I'd like to address any further problems.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 1:53 pm

I'll give this character a chance. Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:47 pm

As will I. Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Alright now stop.

Wrench time.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Don't you mean hammer time?
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:50 pm

I rolled a 99.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:51 pm

B3SERK wrote:
Don't you mean hammer time?

stop typing you're lowering the iq of the entire thread
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:53 am

No need to be insulting.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:02 am

Zaku wrote:
I rolled a 99.

I rolled a 100 yesterday.

On an encounter roll.

It was painful.

Very.

Painful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lucius Kell   Lucius Kell - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down