Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

rp_forestvillage

Go down 
+15
Kali
Reager
themodtester
PuPeT-KaI
ViralHatred
Mikoel
TRUlyjuST
Rutabega
thorogoodd
Kain
Gambit
Krug
Munroe
Christoph
Dragon
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet
Name: Evangeline Melwasúl
Race: Half-Elf

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 11:46 am

So today Oskutin accepted my request to have at the map, so I suppose editing begins today. I've already found numerous poor optimization decisions, so the map should be quite a bit cleaner. Anyway, feel free to post any requests here, and building owners (Pat/FNox for the tavern, Xeloras for his homes/tombs, etc) are more than welcome to request reasonable additions to buildings and such. I'll post screenshots when changes are visible outside of lag.

CHANGELOG:

+ Changed the tavern's ceiling
- Fixed the item containers in the produce store
- Added nodraw to numerous spots it could be used (turns out the tavern was one of the least optimized areas..)
- Adjusted the lights on flames/fireplaces.
- Optimized planks on the tavern/houses
- Removed barrels and such from the tavern
- Removed barrels/crates from some of the houses
- Removed barrels from the tombs
+ Remade the two large ale barrels in the tavern basement, just to make them smoother and such
- Fixed misc. texture alignment issues
- Fixed the path to the village occasionally screwing up.
- Optimized all doors
- Removed the orange crates from the market, as well as some useless barrels
- Removed all cubemaps, they were poorly placed and linked strangely
+ Added shadow_control
+ Added water_lod_control
- Remove an apparent light_environment duplicate
- Adjusted the sun's location
- Realigned the skybox mountains as best as possible
- Toned the lighting
- Toned the shadows with the new shadow_control
- Removed all of the fruits and such in the produce store, since it's never used as one.
+ Remade all cubemaps

CURRENT TASK:
- Optimize all of the windows
- Remove all of the useless "optimization" hint/skip brushes
- Fix having to duck to get in the prison

BETA DOWNLOAD:
CLICK HERE

WinRAR or 7zip are required. To install, extract the rar file, and in the maps folder, extract both bz2 files. Drag those new BSP files your left with into garrysmod/garrysmod/maps. The bz2 files are just to speed up your download times.

Last edited by Dragon on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:40 pm; edited 20 times in total
Back to top Go down
Christoph

Christoph

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 11:59 am

More buildings, period. Also, can you make a townsquare/market like place?
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:17 pm

You don't even have to add buildings. Just open up some of the ones that already exist. You know what I'm talking about, the buildings that have doors and (fake) windows but you can't go in them?
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:17 pm

There's something similar near the gate, if that's what you mean, I dunno. I'm going to add a changelog, it's small right now but it'll grow.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:19 pm

Sounds ambitious but is there anyway to add more rooms to the tavern? That'd be wicked.

Munroe wrote:
You don't even have to add buildings. Just open up some of the ones that already exist. You know what I'm talking about, the buildings that have doors and (fake) windows but you can't go in them?

A THOUSAND TIMES YES.
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:24 pm

Munroe wrote:

Point some of those out for me and you've got yourself a deal. Razz
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:26 pm

A farm or outpost in the woods for bases and what not.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:27 pm

Also a large sprawling tunnel network connected to the tavern's basement. Eli has been working hard.

Joking.

Mostly.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:33 pm

Krug wrote:
Sounds ambitious but is there anyway to add more rooms to the tavern? That'd be wicked.

I strongly agree. Forestvillage has the most pitiful inn rooms I've ever seen. It's like Oskutin just gave up.
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:03 pm

I dislike the tavern ceiling, but I can't find one that fits better... Should I leave it, use one of these, or keep looking for a new?

rp_forestvillage  2lbj0jq
Back to top Go down
Christoph

Christoph

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:05 pm

use light
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:11 pm

yeah use the light toned one
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:15 pm

What if there was a whole 'nother second story?
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:21 pm

Krug wrote:

the tavern is tall enough for this, though the rooms would be kinda small and slant-y
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:24 pm

Well, if a second story were made the roof would be raised of course, although this would probably require redesigning the tavern. The higher door in the tavern would probably lead straight to the second floor and the bar portion of the tavern would end up smaller, most likely. That or the tavern would just look like a mansion.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:11 pm

Dragon wrote:
Well, if a second story were made the roof would be raised of course, although this would probably require redesigning the tavern. The higher door in the tavern would probably lead straight to the second floor and the bar portion of the tavern would end up smaller, most likely. That or the tavern would just look like a mansion.

Kurt and Martyn wouldn't oppose.

Also it is the most important centre of RP, soooo. Oskutin never imagined it'd be, I wager.
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:22 pm

I'll ask FNox/Pat about that, since they own the tavern.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:33 pm

Krug wrote:

Fuck that's a good idea right there. Turn that balcony into an entire second floor. The first story doesn't need a high ceiling since it's just the drinking area. I vote a second floor that has several rooms then the first floor that's the bar area. Also, forestvillage is like, the only one of osk's maps that doesn't have static buildings, all of them are usable. We could use a few more though, imo.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 5:31 pm

Rutabega wrote:
Krug wrote:

Fuck that's a good idea right there. Turn that balcony into an entire second floor. The first story doesn't need a high ceiling since it's just the drinking area. I vote a second floor that has several rooms then the first floor that's the bar area. Also, forestvillage is like, the only one of osk's maps that doesn't have static buildings, all of them are usable. We could use a few more though, imo.

Yessss! It'd make such a difference- be just like mountainvillage where people could RP in the rooms cause they actually owned them.

And don't be afraid to add too many rooms, I get SO many requests for rooms.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 6:01 pm

Krug wrote:
I get SO many requests for rooms.

Kurt really gets around.

Uh, honestly, it would be great if the town could be expanded in general. It's small and lacking. Tavern is a start. Opening up the plaza would be the next logical step, make it so it's much bigger. Then, we could add buildings into the newly opened space.

I mentioned this to Dragon before, but, I think it'd be great if we could turn that place at the end of the road into hill of stones and stuff, and potentially have a quarry and/or mine near it.

But, the town comes first. The town is more important.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:04 pm

A library, for our more scholarly characters
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:35 pm

Krug wrote:
Dragon wrote:

Kurt and Martyn wouldn't oppose.

Also it is the most important centre of RP, soooo. Oskutin never imagined it'd be, I wager.

Make a third floor!
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Rutabega
Rutabega

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:50 pm

Edit the night version so that it actually works.
Back to top Go down
Mikoel

Mikoel

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:15 pm

TRUlyjuST wrote:
A library, for our more scholarly characters

YES, PLEASE
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 1:00 pm

Well no wonder why we lag on this map. He did well with using nodraw on walls, roofs, and so on, but any details such as the small planks on some of the houses, tavern, and so on didn't use them at all. Repainting ever single small detail isn't fun, but on the bright side this alone should speed up a lot of the map. Not to mention deleting all of the useless hint/skip brushes he tossed in every door and window.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rp_forestvillage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: rp_forestvillage    rp_forestvillage  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rp_forestvillage
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: OOC Chat :: Development-
Jump to: