Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A question on Olden's map

Go down 
+2
Kain
Dragon
6 posters

What would you prefer?
Edit forestvillage
A question on Olden's map I_vote1259%A question on Olden's map I_vote14
 59% [ 13 ]
Make a new map from scratch
A question on Olden's map I_vote1236%A question on Olden's map I_vote14
 36% [ 8 ]
Leave stuff how it is now
A question on Olden's map I_vote125%A question on Olden's map I_vote14
 5% [ 1 ]
Other (post it)
A question on Olden's map I_vote120%A question on Olden's map I_vote14
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet
Name: Evangeline Melwasúl
Race: Half-Elf

A question on Olden's map Empty
PostSubject: A question on Olden's map   A question on Olden's map Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 6:34 pm

While editing forestvillage with the help of FNox, I've noticed the map has a good design overall, aside from being small, although optimization is VERY VERY horrible on it. To make the plaza bigger, the city needs to be re-arranged, and overall I feel cleaning up the mess just creates a different mess. So aside from the other thread I made, I'll see what you guys prefer.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: A question on Olden's map   A question on Olden's map Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:08 pm

what about option 5: RISE TO THE OCCASION WITH YOUR MANLY MAP EDITING MUSCLES?

eh, just edit forestvillage with simple stuff, then. If making a new map would be easier, cool, but if it takes too long just to get the same quality of the current map, nvm it, we can just edit this one and move on.

Last edited by Kain on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A question on Olden's map   A question on Olden's map Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:10 pm

I can edit the current map actually, although trying to find and fix all of those optimization and misc. other issues is just kind of a pain. I can edit it, although I'd also like to put my imagination into a map from scratch, specifically for olden. Then people can suggest completely custom buildings instead of small modifications to ones.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: A question on Olden's map   A question on Olden's map Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:28 pm

I'd go with editing. Forestvillage is good and we've had what, three people say they're going to make us new maps and that never saw any of them finished.
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A question on Olden's map   A question on Olden's map Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:34 pm

I wish you said two, so I could say third time's the charm. I do plan to finish this though.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: A question on Olden's map   A question on Olden's map Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:56 pm

Rutabega wrote:
I'd go with editing. Forestvillage is good and we've had what, three people say they're going to make us new maps and that never saw any of them finished.

That's because olden died before the maps were complete
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: A question on Olden's map   A question on Olden's map Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:11 pm

This is true. I'd still just say edit it for now. I mean, our current map is decent enough, but it could be better. Not as though there's anything wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: A question on Olden's map   A question on Olden's map Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 4:54 am

Edit. The map could be a little larger anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A question on Olden's map   A question on Olden's map Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 10:18 am

There's not much I can do to expand it really. I tried with FNox although it didn't come out very pleasant at all. I could probably give the tavern a second story and such but increasing Surna's perimeter would most likely obliterate the map's appearance.
Back to top Go down
Cakebread

Cakebread

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: A question on Olden's map   A question on Olden's map Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 1:04 pm

I somewhat wish we had maps that were the size of the ones from E.Y.E cybermancy which were like supra huge compared to mountain village and other big maps.

Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A question on Olden's map   A question on Olden's map Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 1:31 pm

It's possible with technology today, as you can see with Bethesda games, as well as Battlefield 3. I think source has a limit though, so aside from using LoD and optimization extremely well, you'd probably need a mod so you can customize source a little more than you can in garry's mod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question on Olden's map   A question on Olden's map Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A question on Olden's map
Page 1 of 1