Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?

Go down 
+7
ViralHatred
Jack
Zaku
Rutabega
Mikoel
Gambit
TRUlyjuST
11 posters
AuthorMessage
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Empty
PostSubject: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:27 pm

I recently got the idea in my head that trying to attempt a Dwarf Fortress Bloodline fort might be entertaining... and I wanted to see how many people here would be interested in playing also.

To those of you who do not know what Dwarf Fortress is, I direct you here for some basic information. Basically, you control a group of dwarves as they build a colony in a roguelike fashion. You watch as they slowly build their way up, and watch as they fall face first into !!FUN!!.

For those that don't know what a Bloodline game is, it is basically a fort that is ruled by a different player each year. You play out the year, and post updates on how the year went, what happened, who died, etc. Many people choose to roleplay one of the dwarves in their fortress, adding a story to their report. Once you finish your year, you upload it for the next person to play. As an example of a Bloodline game, I present the most (in)famous of them all: Boatmurdered.

So, anyone interested? It has been a long time since I last played DF, so I am kinda rusty... and was never that good in the first place. I usually play with the Genesis mod, but I'm fine without.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:05 pm

I can have a go.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Mikoel

Mikoel

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:21 pm

God damn this game looks interesting, but also looks like it could be fun...Having trouble getting it though
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:24 pm

Not an hour ago I was thinking of starting up a new DF game, though I was planning on a winter setting with the requirement of having my first structure be of wood.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:49 pm

I.

Fucking.

Hate.

Dwarf Fortress.
Back to top Go down
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:39 am

I love DF. I fucking LOVE DF.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:02 am

I like the idea, it sounds cool. But the appearance looks godawful
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:34 pm

This sounds really nice, and I like DF despite it being confusing as fuck at points.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Well, yes, DF has a very steep learning curve, also, tot hose who hate the way it looks, there are various tilesets you can download to make it look better. There are also tons of tutorials throughout the internet that try to show you how to play.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:17 pm

id rather play qwop
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:18 pm

I support this because of how great dwarf fortress is

and I'm excited to see what sort of terrors we would produce in a bloodline game

Last edited by Pat on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:46 pm

Get a tileset, you fagbastards.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:46 pm

PuPeT-KaI wrote:
id rather play qwop

+1
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:07 am

To any starting to play dwarf fortress, that want easy customization and such

Oh and several easy to apply tilesets

Try the Lazy Newb Pack, the download is below, and to install you just unzip the entire folder to a location, and to play you just launch the application that is right in the folder.

http://www.moddb.com/games/dwarf-fortress/downloads/lazy-newb-pack-v92-with-dwarf-fortress-03125
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:56 am

So, I assume there is interest? Alright, well to those who want to play, need to decide if going to use vanilla, or Genesis, or whatever. I'm fine with whatever, and I'm willing to start it, if I ever get enough time, but if someone else wants to start feel free to.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:03 pm

I started it and it crashed... :L
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:06 pm

Gambit wrote:
I started it and it crashed... :L
Are you on windows? and, are you using the basic vanilla, or the lazy newb version, or something else?
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:09 pm

Tried the lazy newb version, seeing as it had an appealing tile set.

And yes I am on Windows.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Eh, I'd recommend either just sticking with the vanilla, and if you really need a tileset and don't feel like installing one yourself ( I don't blame you) You could always just download the genesis mod, which comes with a tileset http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=52988.0
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:22 pm

Trying it!
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:35 pm

Lazy newb is vanilla, the utilities and tilesets are optional.

If the main launcher in lazy crashes you can just try the DF launcher in the Lazy Newb Folders.

Also I'm certainly interested in this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?   Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dwarf Fortress Bloodline Fortress?
Page 1 of 1