Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide Empty
PostSubject: DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide   DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 9:19 pm

Something else I will be slowly filling out. Whenever you want to know something about somebody that is DnD-related, you can come right hur.

Size and Type

Spoiler:

Ability Scores

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kain on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide   DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:38 am

Ask kain about his DnD fetish.
'Tis cool so far.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide   DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:43 am

dnd, it gets me goin, hrrrrgh
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide   DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:45 am

Kain wrote:
what would we do without you. <3
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide   DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:41 am

themodtester wrote:
Kain wrote:

not have dnd shit
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide   DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 4:23 am

Pat wrote:
themodtester wrote:
Kain wrote:

not have dnd shit

Have a jolly good time not involving dicerolls.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide   DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:05 am

Rutabega wrote:
Pat wrote:
themodtester wrote:
Kain wrote:

not have dnd shit

Have a jolly good time not involving dicerolls.

you cannot escape.

you must submit.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide   DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:33 am

DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide Monkeys-dice1
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide   DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:11 pm

this is so absurd i dont know what to say
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide   DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 1:43 pm

Dungeons and Dragons does not work in a system where we are not using Dungeons and Dragons.

Here is your problem, Dungeons and Dragons as a game is NOT BALANCED WHAT SO EVER. The game is not made to be balanced, ok? It's not supposed to be balanced. And this is where our problem lies. D&D works because there is a Dungeon Master regulating what you earn at all times. You're the one running this campaign between the Monster Hunters and there is no third party to regulate how you advance. It just does not work, seriously. Let me show you this, shown to me by Omap to prove my point -- Behold, Pun-Pun. Pun-Pun breaks no rules in D&D and runs purely off the rules, yet he can cast every ability and is the strongest creature in existence? Why? Because no dungeon master is tellign the player that what he is doing is wrong and against the game in which the DM is trying to promote. This is the problem, Kain. Nobody is stopping you from utilizing these insane powers you /can/ get in D&D because you can fucking do anything in D&D.

Turning invisible with something as simple as 'Alec Smith turns invisible' - which has happened, is so beyond outrageous. What would you do if a new player came in and applied for such an ability? I'll tell you what you and this community would do, you would lash out at him, criticize him and his character, and downright neglect him. This D&D system is essentially exploiting the rules and is in every sense of the word, CHEATING.

This is Olden ROLEPLAY. D&D is not a ROLEPLAY, while ROLEPLAY does happen in D&D. It is a GAME. Not a ROLEPLAY. And this is where you seem to not understand. You can't use D&D rules in a system that is not based on D&D.

While I have no power in this community, I'm sure most of the playerbase can agree that this D&D nonsense is only confusing new and veteran players, it's causing problems, and it's only making you, and the rest of the monster hunters exceptionally strong.

Let me give you another example. When Arkhauser took on Alec, went to bruise him up a little after he turned into a werewolf- you instantly turned me to a crisp and there was nothing I could do. Werewolves are meant to be some of the more feared creatures in the woodland area. Hell, there was a ward around Surna just to protect the town against such dark beasts, yet when I confronted you.. You didn't even flinch, you had no problem setting me ablaze and getting it over with. Nobody can contend with Alec, and the Monster Hunters less so. Not to mention your party is gaining loot and items that would otherwise require applications. Your entire party has magical gear and the like, with no explanation for how you acquired them. I went one of your trips, I managed to nab a wondrous artifact that could shoot 50MPH gusts of wind whenever I pleased. It's not working, and it's not going to work in this community, I'm sorry.

TL;DR
This is not a D&D Community. D&D does not work, please use the system in place like everyone is supposed too. What is going on here is against the rules.

And you have quite the audacity to tell members of the community to shut their mouths unless they obey YOUR system. Now that, is the move of one serious cunt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide   DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DnD Character Creation and Statistical Translation Guide
Page 1 of 1