Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)

Go down 
+9
Achosi
ViralHatred
Jackxter
Dragon
Kali
Markka
Jack
themodtester
Krug
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Should we switch to Tiramisu
Yes
Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) I_vote1237%Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) I_vote14
 37% [ 10 ]
No
Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) I_vote1211%Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) I_vote14
 11% [ 3 ]
Let's at least try it
Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) I_vote1241%Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) I_vote14
 41% [ 11 ]
I'm skeptical
Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) I_vote1211%Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) I_vote14
 11% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
Krug

Krug

Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Empty
PostSubject: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:39 am

Krug wrote:
ViralHated wrote:
Until you get 90% of olden lobbying for it it'll remain that way.

Okay fuck lets vote on this.

Keep in mind, no biases - and cakekainvanilla script is damn near crippling the server with lag. And the chat size is too big, the message limit's too small. We need a script that allows for creativity and is flexible enough to accomodate a fantasy RP. FNox made a brilliant script, why not just use it :3.

Post about your vote and why you chose it, please and thank you. Civil discussions or Jack will spank you.

CAUSE GEO FUCKED UP PERMISSIONS AND NO-ONE FIXED IT

post here thank you <3

VOTE IN HERE INSTEAD CAUSE FORUMS ARE BROKE

TEST SERVER IP: 71.170.153.157:27016
CONTROLS:
-Tab: Main menu, display mouse
-F1: Scoreboard
-F2: Inventory
-F3: Toggle aiming
-F4: Toggle thirdperson
-Mouse Scrollwheel: Change thirdperson distance (Roll in all the way to go in firstperson mode)
-Middle Mouse Button: Free scroll around your character.

Right Click Entities (Or yourself) to get context menus related to them.

ALTERNATE LINK (ViralHatred): 176.31.202.14:27015

Last edited by Krug on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:14 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:41 am

F-nox is rude though, he still blocks me. Sad(

Joking aside, can't we have more information than that, mister Krugski?
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:42 am

themodtester wrote:

I would edit more info in but permissions don't allow it.

Tbh, not even sure if we'd use 1 or 2, so... General vote for now.

:V
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:44 am

Krug wrote:
themodtester wrote:

I would edit more info in but permissions don't allow it.

Tbh, not even sure if we'd use 1 or 2, so... General vote for now.

:V

Right.

F-nox, get your ass up here and explain to us what Tiramisu is and why we should use it.
And stop blocking me :<
Back to top Go down
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:45 am

I voted yes on the poll because I've been on and tested the new Tiramisu. no i havent but ive seen it lol

I believe most of the eye hurting bugs and quirks that the script sadly had before are gone. All the qualms that I've had with the script in the past are gone and I believe it is time for a rollback. Not to mention the script does have capabilities for allowing us to write more than a few sentences, unlike this silly script we have on at the moment. It's a good, quick fix and arguably far better than our current script.
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:46 am

I say we should at least attempt using it, if it is not to the mass consensus' content, we can always retreat back to cakescript.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:46 am

themodtester wrote:
I say we should at least attempt using it, if it is not to the mass consensus' content, we can always retreat back to cakescript.

What did you vote, then?
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:53 am

We should try it
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:09 am

I think we could give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:47 am

VOTE IN HERE INSTEAD CAUSE FORUMS ARE BROKE

Recast your votes please and thank you very much.

I didn't know that people could post- and then not be able to edit / reply / delete in the other thread.

Such amazing forums.
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:55 am

Honestly, what's the point of switching script? The RP barely uses anything other than the character system, titles, and to some extent, money.

I bet we could switch to darkrp and nothing would change. All switching to Tira would do is appease the people who seem to live only to continuously struggle to get it used. If that change is made then those people are probably going to die of boredom because they'd have nothing left to do, seriously.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it.
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet
Name: Evangeline Melwasúl
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:32 am

"If it isn't broke, don't fix it" is why we're "fixing it." Currency is still broken if you hit 0 shillings, npc animations are broken, misc old features buried in the code are broken, the script is laggy, and so on. Roleplaying is do-able, but is terrible with lag and lack of customization on vanilla script.
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:43 am

^
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:02 pm

Barely anyone uses the money system.

Lag is maybe due to the script but it's more often due to the fact people spam props everywhere and generally act like retards (talking about the prop dming recently)

If anything, switching to tira is going to add more useless features nobody's going to use.

there might be shit broken with cakescript, but there's nothing wrong with it that actively hinders rp.
the only thing that seems to be hindering anything is how everyone sits around doing nothing but complaining about how cake is shit

Plus, when the next gmod update hits pretty much everything is probably going to break so tira and cake are both likely to be completely useless
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:10 pm

Actually tiramisu was already set up for the beta, not to mention if you don't want to use the features, nobody is making you, but plenty of people will in fact use them. Money should be used script-side as well, just because people asspull money half the time. You can roleplay it and use it via the script, it's not a big deal, really. I could even create a small low poly shilling model and a couple of money bag models for fun instead of using that garbage bag model when money is dropped.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:29 pm

Dragon wrote:
"If it isn't broke, don't fix it" is why we're "fixing it." Currency is still broken if you hit 0 shillings, npc animations are broken, misc old features buried in the code are broken, the script is laggy, and so on. Roleplaying is do-able, but is terrible with lag and lack of customization on vanilla script.

This. This, this, this, this.

Kali wrote:
Barely anyone uses the money system.

Lag is maybe due to the script but it's more often due to the fact people spam props everywhere and generally act like retards (talking about the prop dming recently)

there might be shit broken with cakescript, but there's nothing wrong with it that actively hinders rp.

Also, I use the money system as a bartender. I believe we're supposed to. The lag -is- due to the script, it's there with no props on server. And god damn, t-posed people and broken models? That's awfully hindering.

And of course, Tira has MUCH more in the way of customization and variation. Don't we want that for a fantasy RP?
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Tiramisu has a number of benefits to a community such a this one:

1. The sitdown system is nice.
2. The fact you can type an unlimited amount of text is very convienent.
3. The usage of NPC models may allow the server to put on Medieval models that previously have been unavailable to it.
4. The title system is nice as well. It is multiple lined which means a title can look more like a paragraph than a random assortment of facts about your character. It also means people can have long titles without them flying off the screen.
5. I like the 3rd person view. It's nice.

Basically, everything Tira is offering could help do what I believe a community like this one would want; create more immersion.

However, there's one thing that it doesn't have as far as I know:

Writing and posters Sad.

Warning: I used Tiramisu on my server a short while ago and stopped using it because of a few bugs. I'd recommend trying it out on basic mode and not going crazy customizing it for the server before testing.

Last edited by Jackxter on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:38 pm

I'm sure if you just asked him about it, he could add it though. Those are actually widely used, especially in olden.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:07 pm

Dragon wrote:
Those are actually widely used, especially in olden.

I added them for Jackers spacerp.

!write was based off jackers code (which was darkolinos I think from old cake?) and !poster was my own doing.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Again, there are features that limit RP interaction or at least make it hard in Cakescript that are fixed in Tiramisu. Let me say again, the chat in Cakescript only allows for small snippets of text. Tiramisu doesn't have this problem. It's just another thing on top of the positive side.
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:14 pm

I see no issue with using it. You could try Fnox's test server, because as far as I know it's public now, and he could post the IP here if he wanted. Aside from that, I wasn't at previous testing, so my opinion would probably be partly bias, although if he agrees to at least look into suggestions from the community, this could work. Both of you, Viral and FNox, really need to stop fighting anyway. Jesus, whatever happened was a couple of years ago, just drop it.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:15 pm

Jack wrote:
Again, there are features that limit RP interaction or at least make it hard in Cakescript that are fixed in Tiramisu. Let me say again, the chat in Cakescript only allows for small snippets of text. Tiramisu doesn't have this problem. It's just another thing on top of the positive side.

Kain fixed this in his apocscript. I was unsure how to implement it into vanilla without fucking it up so I had been waiting on him.
Back to top Go down
Achosi

Achosi

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:32 pm

I say give it a try. Worse comes to worse and the script is too buggy, we switch back. Unless there's some horrible consequence for doing so. I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to any of this programming business in the first place.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Achosi wrote:
I say give it a try. Worse comes to worse and the script is too buggy, we switch back. Unless there's some horrible consequence for doing so. I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to any of this programming business in the first place.

They're seperate gamemode and data folders, it'd be a simple as changing the gamemode.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:42 pm

Voted yes because me and Fnox are brudduhs, we fight through thick an thin, mang.

But in all seriousness just because I want unlimited text for my gorgeous /me's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next