Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)

Go down 
+9
Achosi
ViralHatred
Jackxter
Dragon
Kali
Markka
Jack
themodtester
Krug
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Should we switch to Tiramisu
Yes
Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 I_vote1237%Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 I_vote14
 37% [ 10 ]
No
Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 I_vote1211%Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 I_vote14
 11% [ 3 ]
Let's at least try it
Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 I_vote1241%Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 I_vote14
 41% [ 11 ]
I'm skeptical
Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 I_vote1211%Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 I_vote14
 11% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet
Name: Evangeline Melwasúl
Race: Half-Elf

Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:15 am

You mean less laggy cyber?
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:17 am

Dragon wrote:
You mean less laggy cyber?

That too Razz.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:02 pm

Yeah last server is down since it was running on a laptop. Yes, a laptop.

Current one is running on my VPS on France but it runs on Linux and I haven't compiled the SRCDS binaries for Debian Lenny, plus, SRCDS for Linux blows ( I had to turn off model swapping for it to run properly as Linux has harder restrictions on memory allocation and is quite bitchy in terms of segmentation faults, which happen often when swapping animation sets ), so it doesn't run as good as it should. It's not the full experience, really.

But anyhow the script is freely available for everyone, you can get the zip at
https://github.com/kamaitama/Tiramisu

And run it singleplayer without having to join any servers. Be advised, it's still in development and may throw you a couple of debug prints, those won't be on the final version, guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:15 pm

yes finally the dictatorship of cakescript is no more
we will have tiramisu finally!
power to the people
cyber with me
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:54 pm

Jack wrote:
yes finally the dictatorship of cakescript is no more
we will have tiramisu finally!
power to the people
cyber with me

Until the money dries up then you're back with no server.

Stop making shit posts like this and be grateful you have a server to rp on.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:11 pm

no VH
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:37 pm

Fuck, VH, no need to be a nazi about it.

I'll gladly provide my VPS as a server. I have a perpetual lease for it and I don't have any other uses for it. I can also SSH to it directly from my phone or my university in case it goes down or anything. It's on France and Linux based though, dunno if you guys will have an issue with that.

I ain't requesting payment, recognition, in fact, I'm requesting fuck all, I don't even want to code for Olden, you guys can use it for whatever. It feels almost criminal to have a 50mbps line idle all day.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:56 pm

Dama Oscura wrote:

I'll gladly provide my VPS as a server. I have a perpetual lease for it and I don't have any other uses for it. I can also SSH to it directly from my phone or my university in case it goes down or anything. It's on France and Linux based though, dunno if you guys will have an issue with that.

I ain't requesting payment, recognition, in fact, I'm requesting fuck all, I don't even want to code for Olden, you guys can use it for whatever. It feels almost criminal to have a 50mbps line idle all day.

<3

Much love.
would it have tiramisu 2 on
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Dama Oscura wrote:

whilst his post was rather poorly worded i'm sure you could appreciate wanting people to be grateful and courteous if you do something nice for them

it's like if you gave everyone a server then everyone calls you an asshole, you'd feel kind of annoyed about it.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Kali wrote:
Dama Oscura wrote:

whilst his post was rather poorly worded i'm sure you could appreciate wanting people to be grateful and courteous if you do something nice for them

it's like if you gave everyone a server then everyone calls you an asshole, you'd feel kind of annoyed about it.

I won't ignore the fact that he provided a server for free for Olden and in fact I thank him for it, despite how VH likes to state that I only treat Olden as a whole during all the time I spent developing for it as:
ViralHatred wrote:
guinea pigs

And anyhow, that's not what happened. The only conflict here, is due to the script, and if he's truly not involved with the community then the decision to change the script shouldn't concern him at all. Maybe it's cause, gee, all that effort that you put on coding that script would now be going to waste, it would be totally ignored, null, void, don't it?
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:40 pm

I really think you guys should sort your personal issues out over Steamfriends. Leave this thread to discussing if we should or should not get the script.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 3:03 am

Jackxter wrote:
I really think you guys should sort your personal issues out over Steamfriends. Leave this thread to discussing if we should or should not get the script.

I already stated that it'll be switching to Tira 2 after it's release in a week. This thread has no more purpose until it's released.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 4:57 am

ViralHatred wrote:
This thread has no more purpose until it's released.

^
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 4:59 am

ViralHatred wrote:
This thread has no more purpose until it's released.

Actually, this is a Krug thread. So, let's all take the time to VOTE-

Nah just lock it when we have tiramisu, then. Still things that might need to be said until that point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3