Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)

Go down 
+9
Achosi
ViralHatred
Jackxter
Dragon
Kali
Markka
Jack
themodtester
Krug
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Should we switch to Tiramisu
Yes
Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 I_vote1237%Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 I_vote14
 37% [ 10 ]
No
Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 I_vote1211%Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 I_vote14
 11% [ 3 ]
Let's at least try it
Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 I_vote1241%Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 I_vote14
 41% [ 11 ]
I'm skeptical
Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 I_vote1211%Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 I_vote14
 11% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both
Race: Human

Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:28 pm

Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Make+it+so_2

I say we give it a test sometime today before we get a lot of people get on.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:54 pm

Let's try it. Let's see if people like if and, if they don't, we'll just switch it back. Simple.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:56 pm

Well you'll have to wait until tomorrow night. I still have to find this tiramisu (What version are we even using? Is it even out yet? This is really fucking unorganised here.)

Now I have to get ready to hit the sack since I'm up and walking through the snow at 6am tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:09 pm

ViralHatred wrote:
This is really fucking unorganised here.

Only if you want it to be.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:12 pm

Krug wrote:
ViralHatred wrote:
This is really fucking unorganised here.

Only if you want it to be.

You haven't decided on what version of the script or located it.

If it's FNox's Tira 2 how I'm supposed to get it to put it on the server? Has it been publically released? Is it still in closed testing? What?
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet
Name: Evangeline Melwasúl
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:21 pm

You could just ask him, lol. He's been working pretty damn hard on it, so it's getting pretty far.
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:20 pm

As decent as the script may be, i don't think it says much about it's popularity if he has to use his many minions to force people to use it via mass whining.

What happened to all of you guys collectively hating fnox and tira a few months back
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Holy shit what the hell. I didn't want this thread made yet.

Anyhow, some comments:

1) Tiramisu 2 is not done yet, but in what sense? In that some features are still not complete, but some of those features aren't necessary. There's explicitely two features that are left to do, containers and groups, groups are halfway done with only the UI for creating/editing them left to do, and containers, well, there's a basic implementation for them.

2) Tiramisu 2 will be released in 2 weeks.

3) I don't have any minions, I don't pay anybody nor do I have a community, a group following, or anything. I didn't tell anybody to post this thread, this was done entirely on Krug's behalf, and all the comments posted here are not directly managed by me. I didn't suggest anybody anything, so don't go claiming that I'm trying to force my way in.

4) In Tiramisu 2 notes can be of an infinite length and can be treated as items. So they can for example be posted in a wall and such.

5) Officially more network efficient than even base Cakescript G2.

6) There's a freeform schema specifically intended for people who want the customization part for all players. You can grab props and ragdolls and turn them into items, just like that.

7) I'll post a server IP soon for a preliminary version of the script.

8 ) Holy shit Kali do you have a single fact up about anything you're saying?
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:36 pm

I'm not sure, I have nothing against Kali, but I've hammered him with (what I believe are) correct responses to each question he's had. No need to be rude and call me a minion, I'm just a friend of his that actually has respect for him and his hard work.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:39 pm

If you pick up a note an put it into inventory will it save the text, even if the server crashes? If so, have my babies, because I'm having your own on my server.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:45 pm

Jackxter wrote:
If you pick up a note an put it into inventory will it save the text, even if the server crashes? If so, have my babies, because I'm having your own on my server.

Yes.

Items have an unique file associated to them. You can rename any item (If allowed, admin created items can be set to be impossible to be renamed), you can change item descriptions, you can even wear an item and the settings you have placed for it will stick with the item so if you for example drop it someone will be able to wear it using the same settings you've used.

The UniqueID allows for some pretty fun stuff to happen, you'll see.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:01 pm

OK, Krug, if you'd be so kind to update the main post with this:

TEST SERVER IP: 71.170.153.157:27016
CONTROLS:
-Tab: Main menu, display mouse
-F1: Scoreboard
-F2: Inventory
-F3: Toggle aiming
-F4: Toggle thirdperson
-Mouse Scrollwheel: Change thirdperson distance (Roll in all the way to go in firstperson mode)
-Middle Mouse Button: Free scroll around your character.

Right Click Entities (Or yourself) to get context menus related to them.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:37 pm

Dama Oscura wrote:
Jackxter wrote:

Yes.

Items have an unique file associated to them. You can rename any item (If allowed, admin created items can be set to be impossible to be renamed), you can change item descriptions, you can even wear an item and the settings you have placed for it will stick with the item so if you for example drop it someone will be able to wear it using the same settings you've used.

The UniqueID allows for some pretty fun stuff to happen, you'll see.

Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Tears+of+happiness

I love you. Now I can write newspapers in game :3.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:41 pm

Jackxter wrote:

Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Tears+of+happiness

I love you. Now I can write newspapers in game :3.

you can also duplicate notes, so you can hand them out to people.
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:05 pm

Dama Oscura wrote:

8 ) Holy shit Kali do you have a single fact up about anything you're saying?

I can't be bothered to go find threads to support my argument but i'm pretty positive there was some huge amount of fuss and drama about fnox getting kicked out of olden and everyone generally hating on him and tira a wihle back, which is why shortly afterwards, fnox was waving it around anywhere he could to try to get people to use it (including waving it at me and i liked it, just i got pimp slapped by my overlord and told 'no we are not using tira')

Dragon wrote:
'm not sure, I have nothing against Kali, but I've hammered him with (what I believe are) correct responses to each question he's had. No need to be rude and call me a minion, I'm just a friend of his that actually has respect for him and his hard work.

if you took offense to being called a minion then i apologize, it was the only word i could think of to describe things other than 'a group of fnox's friends trying to forcibly press gang people into using tira', which i personally find hilarious for some reason.

You have answered all my questions and i've just been pretty much ignoring the answers, so i guess that's put me in the wrong.

From what i've seen, Tira's a good script and i have nothing against it. I just think leaving things as they are would be a good resolution to the problem. Everyone else manages to RP just fine on cake, it just seems to be a few of fnox's friends who are all shouting 'hay guys use tira' who want to point out all the problems nobody else seems to mind.

Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Bro. I'm FNox.
Back to top Go down
Achosi

Achosi

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:02 pm

Tried it. Liked it. I feel strongly that we should run it on the server for a few days to try it out. See how well it holds up over time.

Only time I've ever spoken to FNox was when I was on the test server for about 20 minutes, so don't be dragging out no language like 'minion' or 'follower' to slap on me.
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:02 pm

Aww jeez, whenever I look at Dama's avatar I can't take him the least bit seriously XD
But man, I wanna test this stuff already.
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:55 pm

Half of us here have unserious avatars. Mine is super serious though.
Back to top Go down
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:04 am

Anyway, you can test his script yourself on the test server, so I suggest that if you're skeptical or otherwise indecisive about this change, go check it out. I also was one of those who hated Tiramisu back then, and honestly it has really improved. So seriously, try it.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:33 am

Jack wrote:
Anyway, you can test his script yourself on the test server, so I suggest that if you're skeptical or otherwise indecisive about this change, go check it out. I also was one of those who hated Tiramisu back then, and honestly it has really improved. So seriously, try it.

Ditto. I seriously couldn't stand Tira- but what the hell was I thinking. :V

Main thread updated btw.
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:30 am

That server seems down.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:43 am

themodtester wrote:
That server seems down.

176.31.202.14:27015

Tiramisu 2 test server also.
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:57 am

Kindly obliged, Viral.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:05 am

I used to have Tira on my own server but took it down because it was kind of buggy. However, this new version seems to have been reworked completely. I haven't found a single bug that can interfere with gameplay, though there are a few minor GUI errors and such but that's no big deal.

I honestly think it may help reinvigorate our style of GMod roleplay, no exaggeration.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)   Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiramisu - Discussion Thread Thing (Vote Here)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next