Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Bardic Union (WIP Name)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

The Bardic Union (WIP Name) Empty
PostSubject: The Bardic Union (WIP Name)   The Bardic Union (WIP Name) Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 1:17 pm

(Note: I never was good at this kind of thing, bear through the WIPness)

The Bardic Union (WIP Name) Music-School-Symbol

The Bardic Union (WIP name) is a group of musicians, performers, and general entertainers who have joined together to help their fellow performer...and, get a tidy profit as well.

The Union was begun many years ago, by a entrepreneurial bard, who was struggling at finding a job. Through his hard work (Which may be covered in the next or following phase of this group app) he established the Union.

TO join the Union, you must first prove that you have at least basic entertaining skills, and must pay a small fee, the fee usually depends upon which Union building you ask. Once you have joined, you are given a Union card, showing that you are a member and your rank. With this card, more places will generally accept you to perform, knowing that you have proven yourself to be a decent entertainer. As well as being given a reputation (Of sorts) you will be allowed to advertise in the Union's daily "Newspaper" (Will find a better word later) "The Lute", which provides all the latest entertainment information, for a small price.

For the young entertainer, most Union buildings also offer classes in various subjects. From Lute playing, to singing, to acting. These all cost gold, of course, and the higher graded classes cost more. After graduating from a class, you are given a ring signifying that you have learned from the Union. Showing this ring around generally helps you find a better performance spot.

Ranks: (MORE WIP!!) Ranks are given based upon reviews given about your various performances.
from Highest to lowest
Grandbard: The highest rank, has the ability to affect basically every aspect of the Union, is replaced by a vote when they either retire, die, or are vetoed out.

Master: Usually only 2-3 at any one time. These men or women generally help run the Union, they have control over a large area of the land, and control all member buildings within those areas. Can Promote someone up to the rank of "Expert".

Expert: These members usually run individual buildings, often recruiting and running various performances. They can promote someone up to rank "Skilled"

Skilled: Members who have proven themselves as well trained in the arts are promoted to "Skilled". These members are often times graduates from the Union's school and are highly sought after by business seeking entertainment. They can not promote any members, but are sometimes hired as teachers.

Member: A basic level member, one who has paid the fee, and proven they have basic entertainment skills.

Student Member: One who has not paid the membership fee, but is currently learning at one of the Union schools. Once they graduate, they are automatically promoted to Member, and if they learned much at the schools, often quickly earn their way to "Skilled".

(Thats all for now, I may need help organizing this and making it MUCH better.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bardic Union (WIP Name)   The Bardic Union (WIP Name) Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 3:36 pm

I really couldn't be arsed reading it all, but seems good, I'd give it an acceptance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bardic Union (WIP Name)   The Bardic Union (WIP Name) Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 3:45 pm

Read it all. Seems like an awesome and very unique idea.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: The Bardic Union (WIP Name)   The Bardic Union (WIP Name) Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 5:57 pm

Riiiight, ummm...can someone help me think of what to add/change? Such as, a better name?
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Bardic Union (WIP Name)   The Bardic Union (WIP Name) Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 8:36 pm

Bards?

Voted on?

This doesn't seem right. The bard should be validated by their skill and then the challenge of administrating should be a test to see if they stay....

Oh wait, that's Bladesingers...

Great idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bardic Union (WIP Name)   The Bardic Union (WIP Name) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:22 am

I honestly don't mind the name as it is.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Bardic Union (WIP Name)   The Bardic Union (WIP Name) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:58 am

Fits well enough. Givin' me the urge to make a bard sort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bardic Union (WIP Name)   The Bardic Union (WIP Name) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:02 am

I thought about making a bard, but I figured a lot people were already doing it so it would just be silly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bardic Union (WIP Name)   The Bardic Union (WIP Name) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 7:44 pm

Jables the Bard would like to rock wit yall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bardic Union (WIP Name)   The Bardic Union (WIP Name) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:16 am

Matt Serenity-- As soon as he gets purged and gets out of that damn prison, is going to join this.

Speak with me ASAP Trully, thoughts, ideas, and questions are flooding my brain and need to be poured upon a source of acceptance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bardic Union (WIP Name)   The Bardic Union (WIP Name) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 8:38 am

Hayden can sing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bardic Union (WIP Name)   The Bardic Union (WIP Name) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:09 pm

Zaku plays mad-guitar, and harmonica but he's too busy to join. D:

Maybe in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bardic Union (WIP Name)   The Bardic Union (WIP Name) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bardic Union (WIP Name)
Page 1 of 1