Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Change the forums, for a free server?

Go down 
+5
Talker
GeoWulf
Koliup
Pat
TRUlyjuST
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Change the forums, for a free server? Empty
PostSubject: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:18 pm

http://aeria.omgforum.net/polls-and-votes-f62/change-the-forums-for-a-free-server-t1800.htm

I like the idea that we get a free server, score for us, but does that mean we get two servers? Also, it sounds good, so long as we don't have to re-write every thread in the information section.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:20 pm

We can move the threads and whatnot via copy/paste. Yes, we will probably get two servers. I think changing forums may be good, we get a nice, new, squeaky clean one to work with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:21 pm

TRUlyjuST wrote:
We can move the threads and whatnot via copy/paste. Yes, we will probably get two servers. I think changing forums may be good, we get a nice, new, squeaky clean one to work with.

Aww geeze, I suppose that's pretty awesome. We could just copy/paste the information threads onto the new forum, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:24 pm

So long as it's the same forum relocated, I'm fine with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:27 pm

Oh god no. Loopy's servers suck. They always have, and they always will. If we're going back to Loopy, alot of stuff is going to fuck up.

Quote :
We can move the threads and whatnot via copy/paste.

That'd take a long time.

And seriously. Why would we need two servers? I think we're fine with the one Rossii is paying for.

Stick with what we have. We're fine as it is. More change right now will just fuck everything up.

Tell him we're going to think about it, and to keep the offer open.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:32 pm

I agree with Mack.

What's wrong with the server and forums we have now? And I'd really rather not become a sub forum to his larger forums--I'd rather we maintain our sovereignty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:36 pm

Yeah. We're not even merging. We're basically becoming their bitch. If you look at the Soviet states during the cold war era, that didn't work out very well at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:54 pm

Not same forum. Do not want.

And besides, we don't even need two.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:00 pm

Thing is, the server he is offering is free, Rossii's isn't, we will probably need to set up donations for Rossii's server sometime, as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:00 pm

TRUlyjuST wrote:
Thing is, the server he is offering is free, Rossii's isn't, we will probably need to set up donations for Rossii's server sometime, as well.

Can we keep it as a fallback?
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:01 pm

Well, how about a bit more information as to what'd actually be happening if we accepted?
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:02 pm

Loopy is offline for now, so I'll have to ask him when he is back on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:05 pm

Still. Free or not.
You get what you pay for.
And I think Rossii can probably pay for the server for a bit longer. But I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:18 pm

Guys, if we move our 'unneeded' stuff to his sub-domain, it becomes a pain in the ass to go to and fro, he may call shenanigans, and we're left with our ONE server.

All I feel is needed to be said.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:27 pm

..what would we use the second server for?
Back to top Go down
Talker

Talker

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:29 pm

GeoWulf wrote:

I was sorta thinking the same thing.... Neutral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:30 pm

GeoWulf wrote:

We would not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:31 pm

GeoWulf wrote:

Spot-on.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:33 pm

One server could be Surna, another could be Leyanara?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:35 pm

Ugh. Double-servers always result in problems. And we're a small community. I'd suggest waiting, maybe, a year or two, before setting up two servers.
Back to top Go down
Jumbo_Grill

Jumbo_Grill

Character sheet
Name: ???
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:11 pm

Will we move this old database (Characters, stories, etc...) to the new forum? If so, I'd agree.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:13 pm

Everything important would be moved. Characters would be moved by their players.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:15 pm

I'd say no to the server. We aren't large enough for two.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:28 pm

I'd have to say yes, for the simple fact that it's free.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:32 pm

I agree.

If we do get better, one server could be for Leyanara and the other for Surna. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change the forums, for a free server?   Change the forums, for a free server? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Change the forums, for a free server?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next