Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dev Team Proposal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

Dev Team Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Dev Team Proposal   Dev Team Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:52 am

So, as many of you may know, I and Mack have been pretty much been doing anything script, script mantainance and server mantainance related. While I don't think we haven't really done a bad job, or that we actually need people for this, I have plans that will eventually take too much time to do on my own. And I thought, hey, let's make a dev team and get that sorted out.

Yeah, so, let's get to the important stuff. There's three major spots. To apply for them, post some demostration of your work. No "ideas guy" please, we can get a whole forum of them. The team will probably be around, so, if you're good, don't be shy. I value honesty more than talent, though. For some of the stuff, which is kind of out of my department like lore, it'll probably be a good idea to ask Geowulf, since he's the lore guy.

CODER (Low priority)
Designs, writes, updates, bugchecks, and generally looks over code.
Requirements:
  • Must know how to use SVN fully. Updating, revisions, comitting.
  • Must have an advanced understanding of Lua concepts and syntax, and a full understanding of basic coding terms. Examples: Concatinate, table, metatable, class, function, hook.
  • Must be communicative and expressive
  • Must have a full understanding on how to network efficiently and on how to use usermessages and datastreams
  • Must know how to bugfix, and to understand errors and how to fix them

GRAPHICS DESIGNER:
Creates, improves, designs, colors and corrects everything graphic.
Requirements:
  • Must know how to effectively use any of the following: Photoshop, Paint.NET, GIMP.
  • Must know how to use the .VTF and .VMT formats effectively.
  • Must be creative, expressive, and not afraid to experiment.
  • Must know how to follow an instruction, and have an ability to assertively comment about it.
  • Must be a team player, not a lone wolf.

LORE WRITER:
Overlooks, updates, checks, simplifies, adds to and expands lore based things. Will be subordinate of Geowulf.
Requirements:
  • Must be eloquent, have an ample vocabulary, and have a good grasp of grammar and structures of the english language
  • Must be knowledgeable of the lore fully, including all deities, reigns, regions, ect.
  • Must be able to take lore based decisions with the lore team in such fashion that it will satisfy the biggest amount of players.
  • Must be comprehensive, and not expect everything to be included in the lore.
  • Must be open to suggestions, and must be able to properly analize such suggestions.
  • Must be active in the server and forums.
Back to top Go down

Dev Team Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dev Team Proposal   Dev Team Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:54 am

@.@
*Pokes at LORE WRITER! Non-stop and continuously as I have bothered the head admins and admins continuously and non-stop.*
Though grammar may be bad I have others that helped me with grammar such as mack and others so I'm cleared on that part.
As well as I'm always open for suggestions Very Happy
Then there's the expansion of lore.
*Points at my banshee character and her deity including the Dogma of that Deity*
Also shouldn't be that hard to learn 100% of the lore and everything,
I also have friends that has a lot of DND RPG books and such that can teach me and give me the answers I require.

More works would consider the Siphon Stukov story with help of several grammar fixes and a long story of a simple character.
Then comes towards of which is a Forawian Noramim story Chapter one where I asked many for grammar fixes so I was always open for opinions and had great grammar and taste I suppose.
More examples let's see....
I'm getting sloppy on new characters but the Forlorn Harbor was one where I have lots of ideas and what it was the surrounding areas and such like a map.

Last edited by Drakeson on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Dev Team Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dev Team Proposal   Dev Team Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:00 am

I like this idea, 'tis good, if we were to have this, we should apoint you, Kam as head coder, obviously Razz .
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

Dev Team Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dev Team Proposal   Dev Team Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:23 am

I'd like to be a designer; though I can't say that I'd be the best at it. We're talking making textures from scratch, or editing textures?
Back to top Go down

Dev Team Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dev Team Proposal   Dev Team Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:26 am

I'd be intrested in writing lore. I have a good vocabulary I would say. And I know my grammar pretty well. Though, like everyone else I'm not perfect. I know -a lot- about Forgotten Realms lore, and Dungeons and Dragons lore in general, seeing as I've been playing Dungeons and Dragons seriously since I was about 10 with my family, regardless. I'd take it upon myself to study up a little bit more on Olden Lore, but I think I know nearly all of it. I'll talk to Geo as suggested.

Other then that, this is a nice Idea, I like it, and I think we had something like this going a little while ago.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

Dev Team Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dev Team Proposal   Dev Team Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:45 am

Hyperiant wrote:
I'd like to be a designer; though I can't say that I'd be the best at it. We're talking making textures from scratch, or editing textures?

Both. I'm mostly interested in HUD textures right now, but reskinning of things can be arranged.

Anyone who want to apply for a spot, should consider posting a demonstration of their skills, as to make it easier to decide who goes in and whatnot. Also, no one should be definite for the team until atleast a week has passed, except probably me for coding, since I think I'm the only coder around here.

Oh, also, since I like to keep my stuff open source, here's the SVN URL for the script. Pardon my messiness on some parts.

http://oldenrp.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
Back to top Go down

Dev Team Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dev Team Proposal   Dev Team Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:49 pm

Pat mainly looks over lore along with Geo, give him a shout if you fancy offerin a hand lorewise.
Back to top Go down

Dev Team Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dev Team Proposal   Dev Team Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:59 pm

*Sigh yet again rejected walks away*
Back to top Go down
Drakella

Drakella

Character sheet
Name:

Dev Team Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dev Team Proposal   Dev Team Proposal Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 9:23 am

You wouldn't happen to need any mappers for the developement team? I'm an average mapper, and I've got alot experience in mapping for the source engine. I know hammer editor like my back pockets Smile
Back to top Go down

Dev Team Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dev Team Proposal   Dev Team Proposal Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 10:54 am

Right. Cleaning from unnecessary posts.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Dev Team Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dev Team Proposal   Dev Team Proposal Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 3:06 pm

I can see the reason for a dev team, but lore doesn't seem to fit in that catagory--That, and it's pretty much already taken care of
Back to top Go down
Crimzon_Reaper

Character sheet
Name: General Lord Sir Hiram Von Dickington III
Race: Cockmongoloid

Dev Team Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dev Team Proposal   Dev Team Proposal Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 3:56 pm

Lore counts, for RP development.

This can also be spit into sub-categories.
Can have devs for engineering purposes, and some for magic, etc.
Back to top Go down

Dev Team Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dev Team Proposal   Dev Team Proposal Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 4:02 pm

What Pat's saying is that the lore bit is pretty much taken care of.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

Dev Team Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dev Team Proposal   Dev Team Proposal Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:56 pm

Ohforf wrote:
You wouldn't happen to need any mappers for the developement team? I'm an average mapper, and I've got alot experience in mapping for the source engine. I know hammer editor like my back pockets Smile

Of course we do, infact, add me on SF, I'm thenoman.
Back to top Go down
Drakella

Drakella

Character sheet
Name:

Dev Team Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dev Team Proposal   Dev Team Proposal Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:11 am

kamaitama wrote:

Of course we do, infact, add me on SF, I'm thenoman.

Alrighty, added you
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

Dev Team Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dev Team Proposal   Dev Team Proposal Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 6:57 am

kamaitama wrote:
Hyperiant wrote:

Both. I'm mostly interested in HUD textures right now, but reskinning of things can be arranged.

Anyone who want to apply for a spot, should consider posting a demonstration of their skills, as to make it easier to decide who goes in and whatnot. Also, no one should be definite for the team until atleast a week has passed, except probably me for coding, since I think I'm the only coder around here.

Oh, also, since I like to keep my stuff open source, here's the SVN URL for the script. Pardon my messiness on some parts.

http://oldenrp.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
Well, there's my Shop of Horrors page in the Pictures and Poses section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dev Team Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dev Team Proposal   Dev Team Proposal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dev Team Proposal
Page 1 of 1