Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Administration Team

Go down 
+3
Pat
Gambit
Hyperiant
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Administration Team Empty
PostSubject: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:27 pm

To be honest. I'm done being humble. I'm done just going "cough" or "BIC" whenever someone says I do more than the other admins on-server. We need proper admins if Olden is to go around. And no, this is not a revolution or some shit like that. I'm simply trying to help the entire community by getting some of the "bad eggs" out of the basket and replacing them with fresh ones, who're ready to hatch.
And I realize the first part of this topic might seem like I'm putting myself front for admin. If someone wants to nominate me, go right ahead. Until then I won't say a thing.

Non-valid excuses are:
"I am trying to get my life together."

Then step down temporarily. Say "I'm working on my life. I can't administrate at the moment."
"I do not get told what to do."
Show some bloody initiative, damnit.
"I do not have the time."
Once again, step down. If you don't have time, then you're not able to work as an admin.
Someone else said they'd do it for me.
Don't trust them then. If something needs doing, and nobody else is doing it, then you have to do it. You can't rely on everyone else to do the work.
I do not get enough time to roleplay/I am currently roleplaying. I can't.
Administration work is not a privilegie. It's a duty. Is it really that hard to say "Sorry, I have to go help this guy/girl" and then going into observe and flying off to help them for five minutes while the other waits?

Quote :
Head Administrators:
Truly,
Ruta.
Basic Administrators:
Hyperiant
Narran
Phear
Geowulf
Kruggly
Phaeron

It should be pretty self-explanatory that if admins are to defend themselves, they need to post what they've done lately, and what they plan on doing if they get to keep their duty of being a privilege. This is not a real discussion thread. So reasons-countering should be kept to a minimum. And with the above "unacceptable reasons" it should be easier to filter the acceptable reasons from the non-acceptable ones.

Everyone is free to post their thoughts on one or all of the admins. But keep it clean. I request for the admins to cut out the part of a post that is flaming.
Everyone are also free to post nomination for an admin position.

And no, I'm not proclaiming myself a saviour or some noble crusader. As I said, I'm merely trying to help Olden.

I did exclude Pat from this thread, seeing how he already has a topic of his own, posted by himself. Thank you Pat for inspiring me into this idea.
Now, I hope you all make your decisions well.

I'll be waiting a bit before I post my own thoughts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:31 pm

I've always said an admin should be all those qualities that you listed. For whatever reason, some admins should simply be members.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:33 pm

Our administration team needs to kill off some slackers. And I'd rather certain 'new' people not judge the team due to 'certain' instances.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:36 pm

I agree with pretty much everything said here, and this is exactly why I proclaimed the removal of Matt from power. He didn't have the time, for whatever reason. Mack pretty sums it up.

As for the admins,

Mack, you should be an admin, right off the bat. You've done more work then nearly every single one of those people in that list. You've maintained the server. You've tried to keep it orderly, and you've tried your hardest to enforce the rules. With that, I believe Mack should be an admin, without hesitation.

As to the other admins, and those portrayed on the list,
Geo is barely on server, though, he does check the forums. So, I guess he does do his job.
As for Phaeron. I haven't seen him for months, forums, and on server. Only today did I ever see him on server, for a long, long time. Maybe it's a good idea to have someone take his position, if need be?

As for the rest of them, they do their job. And we should thank them for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:40 pm

Mack wrote:
Non-valid excuses are:
"I am trying to get my life together."

Then step down temporarily. Say "I'm working on my life. I can't administrate at the moment."

Zaku350 wrote:
As for the rest of them, they do their job. And we should thank them for it.

Narran doesn't, because of that reason. God damnit, she tries - but it's a matter of whether you can or can't.

Do or do not. There is no try.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:42 pm

Narran doesn't, because she's been removed from the computer, if I'm not mistaken.

-snip, by request of Mack-
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 8:31 pm

Past week: Assisted in a few minor conflicts between members, introduced Cory to the game and helped him out a bit (can't take all the credit though, Pat helped him a bit if I recall correctly, and his friend)

I don't think Mack should get administrator status just yet. Even moderator. Has everyone forgotten that he was banned permanently multiple times for breaking the rules? Sure, he's trying his best to enforce them, he's done plenty for us, and I'm grateful; but really, some common sense is in order.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:15 pm

/agreewithZakuonMack
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:45 pm

Post above Gambit.

*coughs* PERSONAL GRUDGES *cough*

Sorry for this, but I have to pull the Johnny card.

Johnny was perma'd TWICE, and he still plays his great god characters. While we have Mack here. Bogged down in personal grudges, actually having to do OTHER people's jobs? If he doesn't deserve administrator, please kindly take the wool out of your ears, and the blindfold off your eyes, and see the real world please.

What i'm trying to get across is that Mack has been thrown down time after time due to personal grudges such as THIS one. Olden was a jewel when Mack was head. Now all I see is arguing and strife 24/7.

However this turns out. I vote for Mack.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:47 pm

Johnny got better. I'm not entirely sure Mack has, yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:47 pm

Jackb537 wrote:
Post above Gambit.

*coughs* PERSONAL GRUDGES *cough*

Sorry for this, but I have to pull the Johnny card.

Johnny was perma'd TWICE, and he still plays his great god characters. While we have Mack here. Bogged down in personal grudges, actually having to do OTHER people's jobs? If he doesn't deserve administrator, please kindly take the wool out of your ears, and the blindfold off your eyes, and see the real world please.

What i'm trying to get across is that Mack has been thrown down time after time due to personal grudges such as THIS one. Olden was a jewel when Mack was head. Now all I see is arguing and strife 24/7.

However this turns out. I vote for Mack.

This, this man speaks the truth.

Mack has been shot down, for everything. It took the efforts of more then one person for him to gain acceptance into the community again, just because of personal grudges. I've seen Mack enforce more rules recently then ANY admin. Let me repeat. ANY OF YOU ADMINS. And, personally, I've been punished by Mack, for trolling, and flaming. So if you think in the slightest he's doing this for power, and friends. You're sadly mistaken.

Like Jack said, my vote is for Mack as an admin.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:48 pm

Just for the record, I'm going to do an "evaluation" of all BA's tomorrow. Some will be removed, and there may be a few new admins by tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 10:11 pm

Hyperiant wrote:
Mack has new attitude.
Less like my brother and more like a not raging 24/7 person.(Although he still does insult people a little more than needed.)
Hyper, I am tnoippasid.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 10:14 pm

Koliup wrote:
Hyperiant wrote:
Mack has new attitude.
Less like my brother and more like a not raging 24/7 person.(Although he still does insult people a little more than needed.)
Hyper, I am tnoippasid.
It's my opinion. Take it or don't. Keep posts here serious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 12:57 am

Mack should----- IDK, actually in matter of fact I question it...
Mack HAS INDEED reinforced rules and such but now I'm wondering many things and over thinking it.
Though all in all everyone jokes around I guess...
I suppose really I Should stop being so strict and say yea I think he should be an admin....
Even though everyone's jokes gets annoying..

Though I have a personal things to say about Johnny and his God Character as well many other things considerably unnecessary things that I see....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:08 am

This isn't the topic about Johnny's god character. And don't get butt-hurt because you can't play a god please. Johnny has responsibly played Cyric for longer then you've been in the community. So, take that discussion somewhere else.

If you would so kindly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:16 am

Zaku350 wrote:
This isn't the topic about Johnny's god character. And don't get butt-hurt because you can't play a god please. Johnny has responsibly played Cyric for longer then you've been in the community. So, take that discussion somewhere else.

If you would so kindly.

Pffff, Its not about that...
But anyway that's a different story.

So wait... Were having a Admin Evaluation?
Let alone I have a question then,
"IS this going be another BS Favoritism vote once again?"
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:17 am

It's not a vote, Pat is going to review the administrators based on their actions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:18 am

Hyperiant wrote:
It's not a vote, Pat is going to review the administrators based on their actions.

Then this isn't going to work out,
I would consider a public Evaluation in matter of fact so that it would work 100% towards its fullest extent.
Pat might be a great person, though I prefer to have a voice out loud and such to see peoples opinions on this matter.

Where we all evaluate the admins.
Considerably its kinda retarded how its always the Head Admins / Admins to decide who gets to die who gets to live type of deal when the people have their reasons and defense against such things.

I would pull out a card but meh I prefer to keep that in hold to avoid further and future flames.

Last edited by Drakeson on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:20 am

I'm going to make my decisions public as well as the reasons why.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:21 am

Pat wrote:
I'm going to make my decisions public as well as the reasons why.

Question:
Will the decisions in public be heard upon and not be shrugged off like nothing?
If we stand against it, or support it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:23 am

Golly Jee, we get it.

We don't need anyone more than Pat to evaluate the admins, seeing as people leaping into the opportunity would either butthurt/biased or demanding revolution.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:24 am

Psyche wrote:
Golly Jee, we get it.

We don't need anyone more than Pat to evaluate the admins, seeing as people leaping into the opportunity would either butthurt/biased or demanding revolution.

This.

Let Pat do his thing, he'll reveal to us what he's come up with. And in the meantime. Keep yourself occupied.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:25 am

Psyche wrote:
Golly Jee, we get it.

Well I have my reasons why I would like several MORE people to evaluate that would be justified and such.
*Shrugs* at least TAKE one person to accompany Pat and help with the opinions... I just feel comfortable this way...

Seriously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:26 am

Pat's not making the decision on his own, Drakeson. And this isn't any final verdict. Let him do his job. He's the head admin, this is his work. Let him take care of what needs to be done. Ok?

Let it be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Administration Team
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next