Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Administration Team

Go down 
+3
Pat
Gambit
Hyperiant
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

The Administration Team - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:27 am

Zaku350 wrote:
Pat's not making the decision on his own, Drakeson. And this isn't any final verdict. Let him do his job. He's the head admin, this is his work. Let him take care of what needs to be done. Ok?

Let it be.

*grumbles* Blehh...
FINE,
I want a candy then....
*Walks away*

I just feel uncomfortable with this Secret Police style on Head Admins things.... And stuff...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:33 am

Have you considered joining the Internet Police, Drakeson?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:37 am

Psyche wrote:
Have you considered joining the Internet Police, Drakeson?

>.>
<.<
Maybe...
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:14 am

Admin is not some happy-fun-do-whatever-you-want time. It is a responsibility, and it is a duty. If one is to become an admin it takes away from the flavor of the game forever. It's not something you can turn back on, either.

Administrating isn't a game. Because you have five stars and permissions on-serv or on-forums does not make you above the rules nor does it allow you to do what you please, or what the lower ranks tell you to do.

You do not have extra rights. You have responsibilities in place of those. Whilst you are an admin you must put administrating first. Your own playtime comes last, if you even have time to. If you don't have the time or patience or common sense, now is the time to step down. I have the time to administrate the forums but I cannot come on-server currently, so this is all that I'm doing for now.

If you see a problem, write up a thread on it and pop in the admin section. That's why it's there. It's not for "lulzy private discussions". It's for solving problems in the community. Have some initiative and be reasonable as well as rational.

Administrating isn't a game. It's a large bit of time and effort for you to contribute. Not sit around and gloat because you have a shiny new badge that strikes fear in the hearts of those you know.

Your choice how you decide to influence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:46 am

Seems like this thing has gotten quite off-topic.
This is not a thread for discussing people's characters, my exclusive adminship, or shit like that.

And I never heard of this clean-out in admins until after I posted this thread. And it can really help the heads to have people saying what they think. And if someone says what an admin has actually done, instead of just going "he/she is good admin" it shouldn't matter if they post what they think.

But since nobody seems to give a shit about voicing their opinion about any of the admins I was just wasting my time.

Requesting a lock if there are no new posts anytime soon.

Last edited by Mack on Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 12:10 pm

I would've, but as of now I don't have an opinion. Not biased.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 12:15 pm

I have something to possibly bring up that could bring a lot of the admins down. I am not sure if I should or should not bring that into this discussion.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 12:39 pm

You know what, I am going to say it. Awhile go, a flamer joined the server and started flaming me saying

"GAMIT YOU RETARD"

Of course we all laughed so hard and we all joined in on the fun of it yelling at this "Gamit" whoever he is. It was pretty good. Overall, it was a flamer, we had multiple admins in the server at the time. The admins that I know for a fact were on the server were Pat, and Ruta. Other that were possibly there were Krug, Hyperiant, Narran, and Phear. I am not sure about the last four. And guess what, someone who wasn't on the admin team got rid of him before all other admins.

I rest my case.

No, I am not trying to kiss ass or show favoritism. I am stating a fact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 12:57 pm

I wasn't there, presumably, cause I never recall anything like that happening.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 3:39 pm

I wasn't there, either.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:13 pm

Most of the admins who are still here are admins where here while I was still admin.

I boldly say I pulled most of the work WITHIN serverwise. I did not host events, but I did take care of the people's whiny problems and helped out mostly every new player that came along. I spent mostly 7 hours a day on the server, even if it was empty. I was on almost every day. I highly doubt that almost any of the admins here are fit for their job, but I doubt more that any players here can take their place and be better.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:52 pm

Gambit wrote:
You know what, I am going to say it. Awhile go, a flamer joined the server and started flaming me saying

"GAMIT YOU RETARD"

Of course we all laughed so hard and we all joined in on the fun of it yelling at this "Gamit" whoever he is. It was pretty good. Overall, it was a flamer, we had multiple admins in the server at the time. The admins that I know for a fact were on the server were Pat, and Ruta. Other that were possibly there were Krug, Hyperiant, Narran, and Phear. I am not sure about the last four. And guess what, someone who wasn't on the admin team got rid of him before all other admins.

I rest my case.

No, I am not trying to kiss ass or show favoritism. I am stating a fact.

How long ago was this? Because I don't remember anything like it.

Oh, and it'd be nice to see this thread serve it's purpose, and not go so wildly offtopic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:15 pm

Right. I guess I'll start us off then, incase people are just scared.

I'll go from top to bottom about the admins. I'm going to say my honest opinion, without flaming. If this hurts anyone, I'm sorry, but it's the way I PERSONALLY experience things.

Spoiler:

Right. Now I expect the next few posts to be either admins saying what they've done, and what they plan on doing, and sharing their own opinion on other admins, as well as regular members sharing their thoughts. No more of the "Mack should have admin bullshit", "Johnny deserve his god character", and shit like that.

Deal?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:30 pm

Stealing format. I agree mostly with Mack, so I'll keep it short and sweet.

Spoiler:

And there you have it.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:40 pm

I know I need to pick up some of my slack... I need to start doing more, and maybe start working more on the forums.

Also, Mack. I'll try and take your advice and try to voice myself more...
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:28 pm

I just haven't been getting onserv as much as I used to. I used to be on every day, but not so much in the past week.

I'll be getting on more, though.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 8:54 pm

Don't know if this is void now or not, but going to repost it before all of your answers come in.

Mack wrote:
Non-valid excuses are:
"I am trying to get my life together."

Then step down temporarily. Say "I'm working on my life. I can't administrate at the moment."
"I do not get told what to do."
Show some bloody initiative, damnit.
"I do not have the time."
Once again, step down. If you don't have time, then you're not able to work as an admin.
Someone else said they'd do it for me.
Don't trust them then. If something needs doing, and nobody else is doing it, then you have to do it. You can't rely on everyone else to do the work.
I do not get enough time to roleplay/I am currently roleplaying. I can't.
Administration work is not a privilegie. It's a duty. Is it really that hard to say "Sorry, I have to go help this guy/girl" and then going into observe and flying off to help them for five minutes while the other waits?
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:51 pm

I didn't use any excuse. I just said I haven't been getting on often, acknowledging what Mack said, and I should be getting on more soon.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:03 pm

Just posted it so people don't use those.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:58 pm

Alright so BASICALLY, this is what i'm getting from this.

We believe that:

The admins who are inactive or don't do anything (ie, also, not doing their job or using their position inappropriately) should be removed;

Admins should enforce the rules no matter what the conditions are, no matter who broke them,

And the admins should be dedicating their playtime to the COMMUNITY, not to themselves, or to one other person, but everyone.

Admins need to be replaced by those who will, for sure, do their job and do it well...

Am I getting this right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 4:27 am

Spoiler:

Well yeah, those are the rules I go by. (as much as people hate you for carrying out the second... um.... tenet.)

And ideally, I thought everyone knew that was what you're supposed to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 5:46 am

Geo hit it spot-on. We need people who have time, know what they're doing, know when to do it, and don't favourise certain individuals.

But yeah. I'm still interested in hearing other people's toughts on the admins. So come on, people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Administration Team   The Administration Team - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Administration Team
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2