Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anonymous Gun Complaint

Go down 
+11
Donixs
Kain
Pat
Jumbo_Grill
Humbucker
Asterisk
Crimzon_Reaper
Prone_To_Death18
Munroe
Gambit
TRUlyjuST
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 6:03 pm

As far as I know, the distribution of higher gun technologies and rarity of the guns themselves goes like this---The Dwarves, Occitanians, and The Wastes have created various types of high gun technology, the guns themselves still being rare to the common man--Talibar has adopted some musket-type guns, most likely through a combination of traded technology with the dwarves, possibly leaked technology from another country, and their own fiddling--though, I dunno if they're rifled or not. And, to all other nations, firearms are either non-existent or extremely rare--though many nations would most likely want the technology, which would lead to possible espionage, alliances, ect, with those that have it. One group of people who'd probably completely shun the gun would be the Elves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 6:16 pm

You're right, Pat but as far as I've seen, Dwarven, Occitianian or Wastes guns aren't commonly used. They sure as hell wouldn't let that kind of technology leak. Sure, someone with great wealth would probably pay for the technology and have the guns made to be used in Surna, but more than half the people who are rich in Surna shouldn't be, they're either unemployed or working as a bartender.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 6:59 pm

Well, like I said. Zaku knows his way with guns, has the cash to get the supplies, and hell, could probably craft a few hismself, but that's besides the point.

The reason guns were so popular, was because the only way to combat a dick-waving super-mithril totting demi-god who could literally piss lightning was to shoot him in the face, because you'd have no change taking him on with anything lower then a god damn .44.

But guns need to cut down. Unless you've got really good reason. 95% of characters don't even have money, they're unemployed losers. Sorry to say it.

People need to start working IC'ly, for a long, long time,. Before they start shitting out revolvers like second-nature.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 9:54 pm

Meh. I treat bullets as expensive and not something to waste. Thus, I've... hardly ever fired Cole's revolvers. I've definitely never fired Kaz's stolen revolver.

Thus far, I've found guns much better at being shows of force rather than a way to kill people. My revolvers have only been used on... Sargatanus (3 or 4 shots, I think), Maw(1 shot), and the nuborcs(12 bloody shots) from that one Orc raid event. Though the materials are easy to find, crafting perfect bullets should still be a challenge, especially for those lacking all the necessary tools. That said, I've never reloaded my revolvers, ever, because all that ammo wouldn't come easy.

So, even guns should have drawbacks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 9:57 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
Unless you've got really good reason. 95% of characters don't even have money, they're unemployed losers. Sorry to say it.

People need to start working IC'ly, for a long, long time,. Before they start shitting out revolvers like second-nature.

^ This
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:42 am

Yes, cut down on revolvers and have gun traders played by admins , with very high prices so as not many can afford them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:53 am

Rossii wrote:
Yes, cut down on revolvers and have gun traders played by admins , with very high prices so as not many can afford them.

That's a terrible idea.

And the only two people I know of that ever sold guns, or planned on were the Shady Trader, and Zaku.

And Zaku planned on crafting them, too. Instead of having them buy 'em with outrageous prices, because quite honestly, nobody can get money. Unless they're in the damned guard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:15 am

Then that's something us as a community need to fix.
Back to top Go down
Crimzon_Reaper

Character sheet
Name: General Lord Sir Hiram Von Dickington III
Race: Cockmongoloid

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:37 am

Kain wrote:
Meh. I treat bullets as expensive and not something to waste. Thus, I've... hardly ever fired Cole's revolvers. I've definitely never fired Kaz's stolen revolver.

Thus far, I've found guns much better at being shows of force rather than a way to kill people. My revolvers have only been used on... Sargatanus (3 or 4 shots, I think), Maw(1 shot), and the nuborcs(12 bloody shots) from that one Orc raid event. Though the materials are easy to find, crafting perfect bullets should still be a challenge, especially for those lacking all the necessary tools. That said, I've never reloaded my revolvers, ever, because all that ammo wouldn't come easy.

So, even guns should have drawbacks.

Fact.

Guns are more a show of force, than anything.
Owen -did- shoot Joseph and Stephen, once, with a revolver.
But yeah, the guns are seldom used for violent acts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 7:11 am

Rossii wrote:

What do we need to fix?

Having outrageous prices STOPS people from buying guns. That's one way to stop it. >.>
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 7:53 am

Ness Tea wrote:
Rossii wrote:

What do we need to fix?

Having outrageous prices STOPS people from buying guns. That's one way to stop it. >.>

Yeah, but people could just say "OH YEAH MY FAMILY IS RICH, I GET GUNS"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 7:55 am

Well...

they haven't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:54 am

Having traders wouldn't change anything. We don't have any good traders at the moment, and people are still carrying revolvers around. Either they're retroactively RPing going to other cities to buying them, powergaming their money, or nicking them from someone else. If the latter, then it must be the guard. The guard seems to possess millions upon millions of guns.

Not even Occitan issues rifles to their officers. They're probably the only nation able to mass-produce firearms at such a high rate, but they don't due to the sheer cost everything.

Let's look at the most advanced type of rifles every nation has (or SHOULD have) for a minute here;

Talibar - muskets and black-powder loaded weapons, carrying one shot each.
Dwarves - also muskets and black-powder loaded weapons, one shot each.
Occitan - bolt-action rifles carrying five bullets each, and with a slow reload, seeing how you need to insert every bullet one at a time, and then cock the rifle after each bullet you insert.
The Wastes - From what I gather, I think they have up to fully automatic weapons. But I could be wrong here.

The Wastes haven't had their information up for long, either, so I doubt anybody would have a gun from the Wastes, unless they've recently acquired it (which would be through retroactive RPing, mind you.)

Talibar and the dwarves should only have muskets and black-powder weapons, not rifles, which eliminates the fact that people could buy rifles and revolvers without massive costs. Occitan would never leak their technology. No Occitanian would ever leak information to another nation or an Ausslander; they've all been brainwashed since birth to trust the government with everything, and to never trust anyone else.
As for the refugees of Occitan - none of them would know the technology behind the OGWHs.

And then there's the Wastes. Yeah, good luck surviving long enough there to obtain information about their weapons.

TL;DR:

Guns should be awesomely rare. None of the nations should be handing them out like beer at a barbeque.
Occitan and the Wastes should be pretty much the only ones with the technology. And neither of them have any reason to use it inside of Talibar. Much less sell it to Talibar.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:54 am

I'd think the dwarves would have helped Talibar along, seeing as many live within their borders--And also, I think the dwarves would develop along "clockwork" technology, unless I'm a complete stupid person who should be impaled by a bottle of some shape

Also, the hueg amount of guns coming from the guards is a hold-over from the initial vision of olden, where it was a strange mishmash of magic and all that, but with some higher tech guns--I -THINK- Geo was inspired by Final Fantasy: Advent children, considering there were gunblades >_>, although I could be wrong

Nevertheless, the guard distribution, if anything, should be retroed to musket tech
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:52 pm

Quote :
I'd think the dwarves would have helped Talibar along, seeing as many live within their borders--And also, I think the dwarves would develop along "clockwork" technology,

As I said. Occitan would be pretty much the only nation who could massproduce them with their steam-engines, so if the dwarves indeed do have clockwork technology, they'd have to produce each rifle by hand, making them very expensive.

Quote :
Nevertheless, the guard distribution, if anything, should be retroed to musket tech

And toned down alot. I've seen guards lose guns constantly, and when they do, they don't bother to get it back. They just waltz on over to the guardhouse and pick another one up without consequence. And then some twit comes skipping along and finds the lost gun and takes it, and we've got yet another doss with a revolver, ready to blast at anything and everything.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:02 pm

The gnomes as well are very technologically advance, to even a steampunk level (In their own territory, atleast)

But, yes. Something HAS to be done about the masses of guns... Removing guns from guards, and stricter gun laws may help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:09 pm

Or enforce the damn laws.

There's only THREE PEOPLE. That should even have guns.

That's Zaku, Galvin, and Alyssa. The rest should all be in prison, gone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:11 pm

Zaku350 wrote:

With Corruptabega and the current guard roster - that ain't happening.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:13 pm

Kruggly wrote:
Zaku350 wrote:

With Corruptabega and the current guard roster - that ain't happening.

Spoiler:

Yeah, that's Olden for you.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:41 pm

Yes, he's corrupt, yes, the guard is inept, but -they're not OOC problems-. Do something about it ICly, don't constantly bitch about it OOCly. IC and OOC should stay seperate.

/extreme offtopic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:46 pm

Whenever people try to do anything IC. Ass-pulled nukes get thrown at them, and anytime somone tries to oppose ANYTHING, we get tentacle raped.

So, yes, we're going to bitch OOC'ly. Because we can't do a god damn thing. /offtopic.
Back to top Go down
Crimzon_Reaper

Character sheet
Name: General Lord Sir Hiram Von Dickington III
Race: Cockmongoloid

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 5:33 am

Zaku350 wrote:

There's only THREE PEOPLE. That should even have guns.

That's Zaku, Galvin, and Alyssa. The rest should all be in prison, gone.

And Owen, for nicking Zaku's.

Also: The guards dropping guns issue? - IC.

Owen got -TWO- from Ariel.

But hey, I'm already cutting down on guns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:42 am

Can't believe 4 pages of this shit went on while I was asleep.[/offtopic]

Shouldn't guns in the guard be limited to officers -ONLY-? If so, officers should only hand a gun to a lower rank
as a temporary means to watch their back. (EI: somebody's throwing fireballs or some shit at the officer and
he/she needs a lower ranking officer to give cover fire while he/she sneaks around and knocks the fucker out)

On another note... Magic does -NOT- need to be gotten rid of. Magic is much different from guns.

For 1: You need to be experienced and actually put enough energy into a spell, in order for it to do nearly
that much damage.
2: Magic isn't a means to just (litterely) magically ass-pull a spell that throws someone into another dimension or
some shit. In my opinion, NOTHING should be ass-pulled unless it's by an admin that either forgot to mention
an ability/item in their app, or forgot to list it in the shit they have with them. (like if their accepted app doesn't
exist anymore.)

Brb restarting comp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:46 am

Quote :

2: Magic isn't a means to just (litterely) magically ass-pull a spell that throws someone into another dimension or
some shit. In my opinion, NOTHING should be ass-pulled unless it's by an admin that either forgot to mention
an ability/item in their app, or forgot to list it in the shit they have with them. (like if their accepted app doesn't
exist anymore.)

You shouldn't asspull under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Admins are not except from anything.
And if you miss to list something, then go reapp.
If you have it accepted already, then it's not ass-pulling.
Ass-pulling refers to the act of yanking random items to suit the situation from your arse.

Quote :
For 1: You need to be experienced and actually put enough energy into a spell, in order for it to do nearly
that much damage.

You can't fire a gun properly without extensive training in it. It's the same for them.

Both magic and guns should be cut down on. Drastically.

And officers shouldn't even have guns. The captain and the major should have access to one or two, maybe. But they shouldn't be able to just walk back into the guardhouse and pick five new ones up should they lose one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:49 am

Mack wrote:
But they shouldn't be able to just walk back into the guardhouse and pick five new ones up should they lose one.

Exactly what I want put in place.

Mack wrote:
Both magic and guns should be cut down on. Drastically.

Even if that did fix the OPing problem with people abusing their accepted magic apps, what about those of us
who don't abuse their accepted ability apps? Or at least try our best to keep ourselves from asspulling spells.
(unless there's been IC training which caused slight improvements to spells)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anonymous Gun Complaint
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next