Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anonymous Gun Complaint

Go down 
+11
Donixs
Kain
Pat
Jumbo_Grill
Humbucker
Asterisk
Crimzon_Reaper
Prone_To_Death18
Munroe
Gambit
TRUlyjuST
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:50 am

Quote :
Both magic and guns should be cut down on. Drastically.

There. RIGHT THERE.

That's it, stuff just needs to be cut down.

I've already gotten rid of every gun Zaku owned, and don't plan on giving him anymore, unless they come IC. Or the like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:53 am

I feel magic should be rare and feared too. Every other twat that wanders in now has a fucking arsenal of destructive spells that allows them to blow up Surna should they want to.
We need less magic and guns, and more average joes. That way, we can actually roleplay fear for once.

Guns and magic are POWERFUL things. And should be rare. Magic isn't even wondrous anymore. It's something every twat knows. And if someone doesn't already know magic, you can bet your arse that some tit's going to walk up and teach them how to resurrect people and how to set buildings alight with their minds in an hour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 10:54 am

Mack wrote:
It's something every twat knows. And if someone doesn't already know magic, you can bet your arse that some tit's going to walk up and teach them how to resurrect people and how to set buildings alight with their minds in an hour.

I wouldn't want to make myself seem like a narcisist (spelling) by using myself as an example, but I will:

Only two of my three chars use magic. Limna only uses it for defensive/entertainment purposes.

And Edward doesn't really use it for offensive purposes much. In fact, I think the only time Ed even -talked-
about his magic in a way that should be feared, was when he told a very willful 14 year old that he could
turn him into a popsickle if he wanted to. And that's about it.[/slightlyofftopic]

What the FUCK happened to only admins having authority to teach their IC abilities to other chars?

And everyone who doesn't would have to app for teaching it, as well as the trainee apping to learn it.

And as stated before: Application acceptions should be cut down by alot. There're too many people that
join and then app for magic within three days. Some of them don't even app, thinking they can use all this
shit without getting permission, thinking it's not big enough to app for, even though it could kill any non-
combatant in one spell in 5 seconds. Which is total bullshit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 10:58 am

I say we should have maybe one or three characters with magic. We need less magic. Seriously.

I say we should have maybe one or three characters with guns. We need less guns. Seriously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:02 am

I say we should limit magic users, but not by that damned much. Anyone who has proven they can't be
trusted with their magic or other ability apps should be taken out of the accepted section and rejected.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:07 am

Richard Crimson wrote:
I say we should limit magic users, but not by that damned much. Anyone who has proven they can't be
trusted with their magic or other ability apps should be taken out of the accepted section and rejected.

Magic is strewn about as fucking seeds on a field. It's getting out of hand. Everyone's doing it. Magic needs to be VERY limited. It can easily be more powerful than a gun.

I've said it before to Ruta. Cut apps for new players, and make EVERYONE reapply. I'll personally stay up all fucking night reviewing apps. We seriously need to end this massive gun/magic-craze.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:10 am

Or atleast go about obtaining them, IC.

Seriously, it's not that hard. And hell look at me and Gambit's RP. It's worth actually trying to get the things you want, and earning them. Not is it only more responsible, and note-worthy, it's fun, and more fufilling then writing up some big fancy application, make it as colorful and good looking as I can get it. So it gets accepted.

If you're going to shit out revolvers, and piss-lightning. -ATLEAST- make an -ATTEMPT- that learning/obtaining it IC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:22 am

Quick, somebody make a poll on wether or not we should make -everyone- reapply.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:24 am

We should.

-EVERYONE- Head Admins, Admins, Members. EVERYONE.

But that's off-topic, it's not here for discussion.
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:34 am

Actually, bringing magic into this, makes it offtopic.

Ontopic: We should consider bringing out the guard's IC ban hammer and getting them to go around arresting those who have guns, are citizens of talibar, and do not have a certified ownership of gun certificate thingy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:10 pm

Quote :
Ontopic: We should consider bringing out the guard's IC ban hammer and getting them to go around arresting those who have guns, are citizens of talibar, and do not have a certified ownership of gun certificate thingy.

IC matter. Not OOC matter. Discuss it with Thorn ICly instead.
And I doubt that will happen anytime soon, if you look at the competence level within the guard. It's like Marius said when Marcus asked him about the new recruits.

"They're all twats. The only promising one is a bloody mute."
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:27 pm

You know, I actually don't know what you're talking about for the non-licensed people with guns. Only ones that come to mind are Ka'zaull, my thief, who stole one from Zaku, and that one dwarf with the blunderbuss. Who else is running around with a gun that isn't a guard or has the proper license? If we could get a little list going, that'd be nice.

My characters with guns:
Ka'zaull the Bandit - Stolen revolver from Zaku, 4 bullets, none have been fired yet.
Cole Simmons the Talibarian Guard - Dual revolvers, picked up from bandits near the Wastes, six shots each, have seen light use.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:40 pm

Guards need licenses too. They are not above the law.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:59 pm

Right, but also wrong, actually. Guards are given free licenses upon joining, and are allowed to have guns, which was why Owen, of all people, joined. Heard this myself from Thorn's office. So, for all intents and purposes, they are presently excused.

Last edited by Kain on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:09 pm

Is this true, Ruta?
Back to top Go down
Crimzon_Reaper

Character sheet
Name: General Lord Sir Hiram Von Dickington III
Race: Cockmongoloid

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:20 pm

Kain wrote:
Right, but also wrong, actually. Guards are given free licenses upon joining, and are allowed to have guns, which was why Owen, of all people, joined. Heard this myself from Thorn's office. So, for all intents and purposes, they are presently excused.

Inquired about joining*

Owen was actually later FORCED in.
But yeah, Owen wanted dem gun licenses.
Back to top Go down
Crimzon_Reaper

Character sheet
Name: General Lord Sir Hiram Von Dickington III
Race: Cockmongoloid

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:22 pm

Richard Crimson wrote:
Can't believe 4 pages of this shit went on while I was asleep.[/offtopic]

Shouldn't guns in the guard be limited to officers -ONLY-? If so, officers should only hand a gun to a lower rank
as a temporary means to watch their back. (EI: somebody's throwing fireballs or some shit at the officer and
he/she needs a lower ranking officer to give cover fire while he/she sneaks around and knocks the fucker out)

On another note... Magic does -NOT- need to be gotten rid of. Magic is much different from guns.

For 1: You need to be experienced and actually put enough energy into a spell, in order for it to do nearly
that much damage.
2: Magic isn't a means to just (litterely) magically ass-pull a spell that throws someone into another dimension or
some shit. In my opinion, NOTHING should be ass-pulled unless it's by an admin that either forgot to mention
an ability/item in their app, or forgot to list it in the shit they have with them. (like if their accepted app doesn't
exist anymore.)

Brb restarting comp.

Satans -are- officer only. Lawl.

But yes, magic should be just as rare as weaponry.
Back to top Go down
redpet241

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:19 pm

well I'm in favor of guns in olden they've shaped olden as we know it some of the most pivitol moments were made by a few shots of a pistol or rifle
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:57 pm

redpet241 wrote:
well I'm in favor of guns in olden they've shaped olden as we know it some of the most pivitol moments were made by a few shots of a pistol or rifle

Don't necropost. As for the gun argument, it's basically over. Guns aren't really in Surna anymore, and with good reason. They promote bad roleplay. If anyone does have one, they're either in the guard or were inactive for whatever time and think that's a valid excuse to stay above the rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Gun Complaint   Anonymous Gun Complaint - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anonymous Gun Complaint
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3