Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Character sheet
Name: Matthew Brandon O'Brien
Race: Human

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE   GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 7:12 pm

I have to pay for the server in two days.

Annnd Since no one goes on it. I DON'T REALLY THINK WE NEED ONE.

Seeing as I'm the only one paying for it, you bitched about getting a server and now its not being used worth shit.

I'll back up the files, and let the Subscription Run out, then when we actually get Serious, I'll buy a new one. OR

We could start using it, and I'll pay for it again. Your call.

Also, Any bull shit in this thread will be deleted. Fights, Deleted. You catch my drift. Speak up if you plan on doing anything, Other wise, I'm done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mattspagebrigantine

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE   GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 7:16 pm

I've been wanting to say this all day. (because the last few times I've gone on the server (save one of them)
I was alone for an hour or more with nobody else joining. (last time I joined, two guys joined then when I
got back from afk I had crashed, assuming the guys that joined did that))

Spoiler:

Edit: Here's my excuse for practically never being onserv: Whenever I join when nobody else is
already there, nobody joins me because they look at the server info and go "EWW I DON'T WANNA RP
WITH HIM!"

Well, that's what I think people say when they see I'm the only one onserv. (not saying it's true, I'm
just saying that's what I think)
Back to top Go down

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE   GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 7:32 pm

Well, Narran and I go onserv usually every day or two and try to get some activity. Don't see why more people won't join when we already get 4 or 5 people on.
Back to top Go down

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE   GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 7:51 pm

I'm just chilling on LiF now because to be perfectly honest, I'm sick of this boring passiverp bullshit.

Thus, I'm getting rid of izzy for a while. Derp derp.
Back to top Go down
Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Character sheet

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE   GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:45 pm

Then Create some Non-Passive RP. Problem Solved.
Back to top Go down

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE   GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:07 pm

Matt O'Brien wrote:
Then Create some Non-Passive RP. Problem Solved.
Maybe.
I still like LiF though.
Back to top Go down

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE   GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:20 pm

We had just about 6 people on tonight...well, we had 5, then 2 of 'em had to go...but still.

Plus I think we could probably start off the plot me and Pat were thinking of.
Back to top Go down

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE   GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 7:36 am

Plots are always good.
Back to top Go down
Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Character sheet

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE   GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 8:07 am

Then we can have plots. Base plots with no Celebrity Character. If I see one character becoming a Celebrity figure, I'll stop it.
Back to top Go down

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE   GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 9:41 am

What about the main villain that has epic powers but has weaknesses that -any- character can exploit?
(such as their skin melts off when it comes in contact with chocolate, or flowers. (I know, a horrible example,
but still an example at the least))
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE   GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:49 pm

Here's an idea, what if we finally enact the stuff that I have been asking for a real long while now?

Quote :
1) Cleaning up the forum, removing sections that are not used, or are redundant ( Example, Dumps and Junk with Offtopic, or maybe make a single offtopic forum instead of having one for media, garrysmod stuff, and development. That's to remove clutter.

2) Unlock the forum registration, they are locked, so nobody can actually read the answers to the quiz.

3) Post the answers to the quiz ( I can't post on restricted sections )

4) Single admin rank, this isn't a monarchy, a corporation, and having such a division of power is wholeheartedly retarded.

5) ACTUAL removal of admins, as well as actually giving chosen admins their rights, their title, access in the forums, access to RCON, permissions in the server and so on, I had to do them for Narran, and as far as I know, I'm not an admin (Or so it seems, since it really looks like me and Nar are the only ones doing squat for this community).

So we solve the communities problems first, and then we move on to the server, and how to make people use it.
Back to top Go down
Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Character sheet

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE   GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 3:17 pm

2) Is already Fixed,
1) We've got a new forum thats being developed right now.
3) Send me the Answers and I'll put them up.
4) The Rank system isn't up to me.
5)^^^
Edit: I just sent out money for the server, so I've decided to give it another Month while we get settled.
Back to top Go down

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE   GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:05 pm

Just a few notes on those 5 points, though Matt pretty much hit the nail on the head. Narran's put up the answers and sticked them. New forums are being worked on, as Matt said, though I don't see how a forum cleanup would affect people from joining the server...unless it's like, so messy they can't find the quiz answers. The lock was taken off almost a week ago. In regards to 4, I believe we settled this a while ago. We decided not to have a single admin rank, and I still agree with that decision. Finally, in regards to 5; I can actually do that, but technically it'd be out of my authority, so either need to wait on that, or have me do something I shouldn't be doing.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE   GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 7:57 pm

Matt O'Brien wrote:
The Rank system isn't up to me.

Rutabega wrote:
I believe we settled this a while ago. We decided not to have a single admin rank, and I still agree with that decision.

You may not see it, but it's really freakin' evident as to why I want a single admin rank simple, and that is simple. Delegation of choices to one person, instead of a collection of admins. Pat has not been available, and it's pretty stupid, if you ask me, to wait for his and his word only to take decisions.

This, is the reason why really stuff takes so long to get done, instead of ANYONE taking ANY sort of initiative, it's just pass the buck and pray. You guys need to get ALL YOUR ADMINS, ALL, in a single meeting, and begin discussing what to do, what is there to do, and so on. Organize a discussion list, and schedule it so everyone can attend. If you guys begins seeing that some admins have no desire whatsoever to contribute to the community, remove them, and move on.

Come on, it's a job, not a title, it doesn't give you respect, it doesn't pay. If someone's immature enough to whine for their removal, knowing that they do and did nothing, they never deserved it on the first place.
Back to top Go down

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE   GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 7:57 pm

Hey, Matt.

I TOLD YOU SO.

:3
Back to top Go down
Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Character sheet

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE   GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:50 am

Zaku, No offence, Shut your trap. I'm working on it.
Back to top Go down

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE   GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:06 pm

Little late on that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE   GOOD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE
Page 1 of 1