Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BAD NEWS EVERYONE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

BAD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: BAD NEWS EVERYONE   BAD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:12 pm

Oh no wait. Good news.
BAD NEWS EVERYONE ?a=showimg&v=85439_1
BAD NEWS EVERYONE ?a=showimg&v=85439_3
BAD NEWS EVERYONE ?a=showimg&v=85439_2

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=85439

As we all know, Forestvillage sucks and is boring. This map is Oskutin's latest map and as tradition dictates, should be considered his best. We could rp that the when the snow in the current Surna map melts, there was enough to cause a flood. Or, the Prophet cursed the land around Surna to flood. I got a bunch of other ideas.

Oh also, as you've probably heard me saying, there is a game(s) that has a soundtrack as good as the Windwaker's. Maybe even better. To hear more, add/contact me via steam.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

BAD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS EVERYONE   BAD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:22 pm

affraid
Back to top Go down

BAD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS EVERYONE   BAD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:49 am

I just saw that map a few minutes ago, and I was going to suggest it. >.>
Too bad there's nobody here to suggest it TO
Back to top Go down

BAD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS EVERYONE   BAD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:05 am

Son, my love for Olden is back, thank yee.
Back to top Go down

BAD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS EVERYONE   BAD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:20 am

Ok, I don't even care about the double post...I think finding this map has saved us... for those of you that have not played this map, Psyche's idea of "Tradition dictates" is not only right...it's an understatement.

This is, without a doubt, the -BEST- gmod map I have EVER had the grace to play on...it has everything one could want...the castle is godly, with it's own gate mechanism; cellar, dungeon, kitchen, main hall, sewers that lead in and out, towers, a seperate guest house of sorts, many many hallways and stairs (Plus an epic causeway with vines growing off of it), servant's quarters AND EVEN IT'S OWN FUCKING SAUNA!

The town in it'self is pretty sweet too, unfortunatly there's a few of those "Static" buildings that you can't go in, but I think that's just one or two of them. The interiors are quite normal, smaller floors, most buildings with 2+ floors. The one building that gets me, is of course the Inn. The inn is smaller, lower ceiling and somewhat darker, sort of like the Leya bar, except not as dark. It's got a fireplace, several of the traditional CSS tables and benches scattered around and a more open area with a stairway leading to a causeway that leads to 4 smaller rooms, in total there's 5 or 6 smaller rooms, two larger rooms in the attic and even a small bathroom with two tubs, one of those wooden curtain dealies and it even has a enterance that leads to a little stone area by the water, with a few decks there too. Not alot to say in terms if wilderness, there's quite a bit of water, seems more suited to a coastal setting than a lake...few small islands (Oh, and a neat lighthouse/lighthousekeeper's shack) and a little plateau area above the town and the castle.

HOWEVER, one thing I noted that was horrid, was the lag. It was SO bad at times it didn't even see playable. My guess is because there's probably as many trees as there are in forestvillage, despite being like, a third the size. Personally I think there's far too many trees and shrubs. Though, I bet if we asked real nice, osk would let us go in there, remove like, half the trees and turn the two aforemensioned static buildings into real houses.

Anyways, that's my rant on how godly I think this map is. We're gonna be having some sort of meeting this weekend, I'd like everyone that still wants to give this a shot to be there, and admins being there is manditory unless you let me know beforehand.
Back to top Go down

BAD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS EVERYONE   BAD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:44 am

Well, it would work.

A shame that there's basically no-one around.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

BAD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS EVERYONE   BAD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:15 am

Idea, let's bring a bunch of people, do a big event, get people interests back, and change us to the new map

We would just have to decide where is this new town located.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

BAD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS EVERYONE   BAD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:26 am

Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

BAD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS EVERYONE   BAD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:03 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:
Oh yeah also,

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=85463

No need for that, if someone could get me a list of banned props, I would implement this right away.
Back to top Go down

BAD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS EVERYONE   BAD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:19 pm

Incidently, me and Nar have made friends with some new rpers from a diff community, she said she could invite them to give Olden a try. As for where it is located, I think it should be on the coast somewhere near imperia, make it ocean coastal as opposed to a lake.

P.S, if anyone can either talk to Osk about being able to tweak his map, or give me his steam acc so I can ask him, it would be very much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

BAD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS EVERYONE   BAD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:49 pm

Lakeland? This is in Wisconsin? :O
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

BAD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS EVERYONE   BAD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:18 am

Now that we got a playerbase again, I want to bring this to everyone's attension, idk about you lot but I think this map would be INCREDIBLE for rp, if you don't believe me, go dl the map and try it out for yourself.

However, as you will see if you play it, and can read in this thread http://aeria.omgforum.net/general-discussion-f1/the-new-map-t2476.htm it is incredibly laggy and let's face it, a bit small. So, I bring up the question again. Does anyone here have any idea how to use hammer, or knows someone that does and would like to give us a hand in order to reduce lag on map and maybe even make a bit more wood area, if you're feeling really lucky.

If someone is interested I'll be able to get the vmf for the map by next weekend, sorry for the wait but Oskutin is on such a diff timezone I never see him until friday. I DID have the url vmf but I pmed it to myself on my old account that is no longer here, thanks to someone who'll go un-named. Other than that we already have permission to edit it and all we need is a mapper and the vmf.

Anyways, yeah. Badass map though it lags bad and is a bit too small, if you're interested you'd be doing something incredible.

And, can't stress this enough, I highly suggest everyone read both this thread and http://aeria.omgforum.net/general-discussion-f1/the-new-map-t2476.htm just incase you can lend a hand in whatever way. Never know, afterall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BAD NEWS EVERYONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS EVERYONE   BAD NEWS EVERYONE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BAD NEWS EVERYONE
Page 1 of 1