Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian Empty
PostSubject: Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian   Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:38 am

Robot Unicorn Attack. Is it overrated?

Long Answer:

First I'd like to say that I won't lie, the game is addicting. For about an hour. Eventually it becomes boring and repetitive. But that's not what internet newfags care about in over hyped shit these days. Some say the game is gay, some say the game is manly, some counter arguments by singing the theme song. Well, the game isn't gay, it's wimpy. As for manly, the only reason anyone would assume it's manly is because of the world robot in it's name, which is pointless, as the protagonist, a robot unicorn, has no reason for being robotic. It adds an uncreative artificial sense to the game, and is only there because the game over screen features the unicorn's decapitated head. Ironically, the game would be less wimpy if the unicorn wasn't robotic, and the game over screen featured the decapitated head leaking magical unicorn blood. At least then the game would have a single highlight. As for the song, the lyrics are stupid and the music is bad. Luckily it's catchy. Too bad any song that has a consistent tempo can be catchy, rendering the song pedestrian, like everything else about the game.

Don't get me wrong, for a little while I had fun with the game, and I'd have even more fun if the game had content. My problem with it is that it's ruined by a mediocre theme, ruined more so by a fuckwit mindless fanbase. Much like how the Call of Duty, Warcraft, Mass Effect, Halo, Guild Wars, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Simpsons, and Scientology franchises were ruined.

Short Answer:

Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian YES_BIRD
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian   Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:32 am

Jesus. It's just a game. Plus, I think you've missed the point of the whole style of the game completely.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian   Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:37 am

Kruggly wrote:
Jesus. It's just a game. Plus, I think you've missed the point of the whole style of the game completely.

I didn't miss the style. It's simply a mediocre game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian   Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:21 pm

I don't think the popularity of a game can ruin it, I hate when people say just because it's mainstream, it sucks. Or, because of the fanbase and how they act, it sucks, because that's just stupid, why should a game be hated because it's popular, or because it's fanboys have erotic dreams about it? What matters is if you enjoy it for yourself. Robot Unicorn is stupid though, I just like the song, so sometimes I get impulses to dance to it.. And usually I do.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian   Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:24 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:

It's designed gay. Hence Erasure, the stereotypical official gay music and the general "WISHES COMING TRUE", and the robot unicorn.

It's all meant to be a big joke, and you're raging over it.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian   Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:54 pm

Kruggly wrote:
Psycheandromida wrote:

It's designed gay. Hence Erasure, the stereotypical official gay music and the general "WISHES COMING TRUE", and the robot unicorn.

It's all meant to be a big joke, and you're raging over it.

I'm not raging, I'm pointing out that it sucks because it's fanbase is retarded. My apologies for having an opinion, your highness.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian   Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 4:38 pm

Admiral Tetra wrote:
I don't think the popularity of a game can ruin it, I hate when people say just because it's mainstream, it sucks. Or, because of the fanbase and how they act, it sucks, because that's just stupid, why should a game be hated because it's popular, or because it's fanboys have erotic dreams about it?

This is what I thought about playing ME2. The fan-fic writers nearly ruined all of the characters for me, but I chose to ignore them and enjoy the game for what its designers made it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian   Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 4:46 pm

Munroe wrote:
Admiral Tetra wrote:
I don't think the popularity of a game can ruin it, I hate when people say just because it's mainstream, it sucks. Or, because of the fanbase and how they act, it sucks, because that's just stupid, why should a game be hated because it's popular, or because it's fanboys have erotic dreams about it?

This is what I thought about playing ME2. The fan-fic writers nearly ruined all of the characters for me, but I chose to ignore them and enjoy the game for what its designers made it.
I don't really read those weird fanfics, I just.. uh. Keep them out of my daily life. P:
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian   Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 4:47 pm

I managed to avoid the horde of Tali ones, but accidentally stumbled across an explicit Garrus-Shepard story. What has been seen can not be unseen...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian   Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 4:50 pm

Munroe wrote:
I managed to avoid the horde of Tali ones, but accidentally stumbled across an explicit Garrus-Shepard story. What has been seen can not be unseen...
oh yeah.. that happened to me once too.. i needed a lot of brain bleach after that.. HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK, HE'S LIKE.. A BIRD DINOSAUR THING. wouldn't that like.. oh god i don't want to think about it
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian   Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:39 am

Well, you can romance him in-game... Mordin sends you a pamphlet of "positions comfortable for both species".

PS: Do not ingest.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian   Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 12:11 pm

I don't see how Fanfictions, which, of course, are strictly non-canon, while also being optional to the individual to read can ruin someone's experience with the game.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian   Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:26 pm

It's the ones that are plausible within the canon that have the most potential to be game-ruiners.

Plus, the simple fact remains that when you see a character in the game that's been part of some awful fan-fiction, you're reminded of that story, and can never look at that character the same way again.
"Oh hey Garrus, busy with your calibrations- OH GOD, NO"
"What is it, Shepard?"
"NAKED TURIANS, ARGH"
"Reach and flexibility"
"AAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian   Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drunken ramblings of a semi-enraged Canadian
Page 1 of 1