Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We need more Peasants and less semi-gods.

Go down 
+4
Icaso
Robert Neville
Prone_To_Death18
Humbucker
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Humbucker

Humbucker

We need more Peasants and less semi-gods. Empty
PostSubject: We need more Peasants and less semi-gods.   We need more Peasants and less semi-gods. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:26 am

Don't let Surna become a god battleground... Request less powerful equipment/magic.

Personal favorite phrase for this:

Prone_To_Death18 wrote:
"If everyone is special, no one is special."

Last edited by Humbucker on Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prone_To_Death18

Character sheet
Name: Haetire
Race: Drow

PostSubject: Re: We need more Peasants and less semi-gods.   We need more Peasants and less semi-gods. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:38 am

Supported \o/

I made a peasant once. His name was Christopher Howe. The reason you don't see him anymore is two fold;

A: Theirs it least 100 characters who can just wave their hands and fix any damage done to the town, or summon food or some shit.

B: He kept being used as food for vampires/shelob/whatever.

Underpowered characters don't last long in Surna if they have any sense of pride, because the minute you argue the vampires of whatever just shoot you or rip your heart out or something.

That is all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We need more Peasants and less semi-gods.   We need more Peasants and less semi-gods. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:51 am

Correction: Depends on what type of vampires you go to. Because Varmithas Drakeson Trying turn good but it seems to me he's getting deeper into a hole he dug starting to have grudges to kill people. Most likely will turn evil.

Edit: I was a civilian once.. Then I got killed Sad
Back to top Go down
Robert Neville

Robert Neville

Character sheet
Name: Ruarc
Race: Irish

PostSubject: Re: We need more Peasants and less semi-gods.   We need more Peasants and less semi-gods. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 11:10 am

Church is nor-....semi-normal, only reason Church is still alive is beacuse of the plate mail :<

So, yes, less powerful characters.
Back to top Go down
Icaso

Icaso

Character sheet
Name: Icaso
Race: Earth.

PostSubject: Re: We need more Peasants and less semi-gods.   We need more Peasants and less semi-gods. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 11:23 am

Yes we need less powerful character's, Also, We might need to cut down on the Normal people deaths. Normaly someone would have at least a Little bit of Mercy. (Unless they're heartless(Yes I'm talking to you Drak))
Back to top Go down
Desu!

Desu!

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: We need more Peasants and less semi-gods.   We need more Peasants and less semi-gods. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 11:41 am

Whaaaattt? I like killing civis. >_>
Back to top Go down
Talker

Talker

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: We need more Peasants and less semi-gods.   We need more Peasants and less semi-gods. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:57 pm

O.K. It's true Kard, and The Elder are fucking over powered and the such, but Kard is my main person so I do always play him..Other than those two I have a bunch of normal characters with no powers of any sort.. So yes I guess we do need more normal people and not a bunch of super freaks..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We need more Peasants and less semi-gods.   We need more Peasants and less semi-gods. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:36 pm

Talker wrote:
O.K. It's true Kard, and The Elder are fucking over powered and the such, but Kard is my main person so I do always play him..Other than those two I have a bunch of normal characters with no powers of any sort.. So yes I guess we do need more normal people and not a bunch of super freaks..

Oh yeah? What about Zephyros? Or whatever his name is, I forget.

Besides that, whenever I make a -normal- character, I have the deep urge to get them PKed. (the only reason why Meksel is alive is cause I want a gnoll char, and the only reason Edward is alive, is cause he's a baby dragoon =D)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We need more Peasants and less semi-gods.   We need more Peasants and less semi-gods. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Quote :
but Kard is my main person so I do always play him..

I've never even seen Kardi. You're playing more on The Elder than you should. Magic otherworld shields and shit. I don't even understand how that got accepted.

Vote for the Occitanian Order '09 - Against the superpowers, WITHOUT superpowers.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: We need more Peasants and less semi-gods.   We need more Peasants and less semi-gods. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:34 pm

My chars all have little to no powers.

The ones that do, either never use them(or I'm never on them), or are for events.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We need more Peasants and less semi-gods.   We need more Peasants and less semi-gods. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:01 pm

I have about three characters.

Marcus Mea Kai'ven

Yes he is some what overpowered but honestly, who wants to have one-million peasents.

Ryuu Kai
He is pretty much just like everyone else. He just excells in acrobatics and agility. Nothing much.

EVENT CHARACTER
Yes; this character I use strictly for certain events, quests, or of the such. Normally he dies or flees and I never use again.

Oh; and my characters VS other peep's = FAIL on my part.

Also, Marcus's power level is ...

[size=9001]OVER 9000[/size]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We need more Peasants and less semi-gods.   We need more Peasants and less semi-gods. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 5:11 am

I'm a banner carrier for underpowered characters. Take Dutri. He can't really do shit if one of the NUMEROUS think-they're-badass-and-start-fights-with-everyone superchars comes along rocky style and starts on him, "Eyyy man whatchu lookin' at, huh?"

If there were a lot more modest characters maybe it would be a more balanced RP overall. There would be people who in the events would actually run and hide - people for the 'heroes' to defend. Just suggesting. Smile
Back to top Go down
Robert Neville

Robert Neville

Character sheet
Name: Ruarc
Race: Irish

PostSubject: Re: We need more Peasants and less semi-gods.   We need more Peasants and less semi-gods. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:53 pm

Ehh, people....this isn't about who's characters are over-powered or are normal, this is about stopping new over-powered characters from being created, so stop trying to defend your current characters...
Back to top Go down
Shagohad
Council Member
Shagohad

Character sheet
Name: Jake Ryder
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: We need more Peasants and less semi-gods.   We need more Peasants and less semi-gods. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:21 pm

There's a difference between normal, enhanced, and over-powered.

1.Some warrior with a club and leather armor is normal.

2.A paladin with a magical blade and shield is enhanced.

3.A man who has the power to kill shit with his mind is over-powered....

Know this difference. If you want a character to be likable AND stand a chance in Surna, make him/her enhanced. Give them some special weapon or skill that people will accept without a second thought. INSTANT PROFIT!

Want to be flamed and chased out of the server, go ahead and try to make your Avatar of Evil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We need more Peasants and less semi-gods.   We need more Peasants and less semi-gods. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We need more Peasants and less semi-gods.
Page 1 of 1