Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cole Simmons - SPAR (Single-shot Pressurized Air Rifle)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Cole Simmons - SPAR (Single-shot Pressurized Air Rifle) Empty
PostSubject: Cole Simmons - SPAR (Single-shot Pressurized Air Rifle)   Cole Simmons - SPAR (Single-shot Pressurized Air Rifle) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:17 pm

Quote :
Item Type: Weapon - Low-maintenance single-shot rifle

Item Uses: Combat and Hunting.

Description: The weapon is an incarnation of ingenuity and dedicated craftsmanship. It is composed of three main sections: A main shaft or "barrel," a high-pressure chamber, and a wooden stock on which the whole apparatus rests. The barrel connects to the stock by two hinges at its far underside, and is held in place by a spring-driven hook-shaped lock. Two levers are slid into slightly grooves along that run parallel to the barrel, the ends of which are connected to a two-phase air-tight pump apparatus placed in the lower half of the stock with low pressure valves to facilitate pumping and refilling, which then feed into the pressure chamber through two high pressure valves, one on each side, that only allow air to enter when it is of appropriate pressure. A tube travels through the back of the mount and into the start of the barrel, controlled by a trigger-operated valve. The barrel has a slightly expanded opening to act as an ammunition chamber, and the rest of the barrel is tightened to increase the air-pressure as it is released. The weapon is little heavier than the average longsword, operating on simple concepts and cheap materials.

How it works: The barrel is pulled down, cranking the shaft that works the first-phase pump. A hollow metal pellet, or other small object if pellets aren't available, is loaded into the bullet's chamber. The barrel is then driven back up, which pulls the crank back and drives the second-phase pump, doubling the pressure in the chamber. The rifle stock is then held against the shoulder and fired like any other rifle. Muzzle velocity begins at 800 ft/sec and decelerates by roughly 6ft/sec every yard with average ammunition, coming to a total halt shortly after 405 ft, or 135 yards.

Pros: Low Maintenance. Low Cost. Low Recoil, Simplicity of Use, and Low Reload rate, High Versatility.
Cons: Trades Power for Versatility. Generally unable to kill or mortally harm in the first shot. Cannot fire accurately at ranges beyond 100 yards, or less, depending on ammo. Ammo loses force, speed, and accuracy to drag from air resistance as it travels further from the gun , becoming less and less lethal or likely to hit its target.

Why Cole should have this?: Because he designed and made one already.

Last edited by Kain on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Cole Simmons - SPAR (Single-shot Pressurized Air Rifle)   Cole Simmons - SPAR (Single-shot Pressurized Air Rifle) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:44 pm

I'm hesitant about letting any sort of firearm into Olden, but this air rifle makes a ton of sense. Very innovative. The mechanics are plausible, and it earns my accept.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Cole Simmons - SPAR (Single-shot Pressurized Air Rifle)   Cole Simmons - SPAR (Single-shot Pressurized Air Rifle) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:51 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:
Very innovative. The mechanics are plausible.

Likewise, I was ready to deny when I saw rifle. But, reading proved otherwise and, quoting Psyche, very innovative.

Got my accept, for what it's worth.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Cole Simmons - SPAR (Single-shot Pressurized Air Rifle)   Cole Simmons - SPAR (Single-shot Pressurized Air Rifle) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

Does anyone else have anything to say?
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet
Name: Talia Vortega
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Cole Simmons - SPAR (Single-shot Pressurized Air Rifle)   Cole Simmons - SPAR (Single-shot Pressurized Air Rifle) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:13 am

Nah. Approve it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Cole Simmons - SPAR (Single-shot Pressurized Air Rifle)   Cole Simmons - SPAR (Single-shot Pressurized Air Rifle) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:42 am

Yes, approve it, so I can start blowing away some skir- I mean, uh, skulls. Yeah. Skulls...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cole Simmons - SPAR (Single-shot Pressurized Air Rifle)   Cole Simmons - SPAR (Single-shot Pressurized Air Rifle) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cole Simmons - SPAR (Single-shot Pressurized Air Rifle)
Page 1 of 1