Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marius Shire - Surge Mastery

Go down 
+4
Scalene
Phry
Kain
Psycheandromida
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Marius Shire - Surge Mastery Empty
PostSubject: Marius Shire - Surge Mastery   Marius Shire - Surge Mastery Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:07 pm

"Another app for another Shire? This is asking for too much." I sure hope people have the decency to read Wade's app and this so that question / arrogant statement is not raised.

• WHAT you are applying said character for: Simple. I am applying for the two must-apply-for Vindicator abilities for Marius.
  • What the applicating abilities can do(IN DETAIL.):
    Quote :
    -Heightened physical state; (A character must post an application for this power to be able to use it on-server as of May 27th; 2010.)
    Vindicators are granted the agility and strength to utilize a unique acrobatic form of melee combat exclusive to Vindicators, where they perform dexterous, athletic flips and jumps, as their combat style is devised to help dodge attacks alongside parrying them, as Vindicators have the strength to swing a weapon with notable speed and power.

This strength boost is very similar to that of a vampire, and has the potential to match the vampire's strength at it's peak, but such a thing is such a rare oddity it's not worth considering yet.

-Magical Energy Manipulation; (A character must post an application for this power to be able to use it on-server as of May 27th; 2010.)
    Surge is a different application of magic than Mystra's weave, and therefore a skilled user can use Surge to affect magic and magical devices. The two main applications of this power is stimulating magic, which controls it to the extent of activating it. This includes activating magical traps, or opening locks imbued with magic. The other application is disrupting magic, which affects and interferes with magic already in effect. This can be used to protect against spells, or to overload magical devices.

This is a Surge-user's most difficult power. The power is dangerous if the user is inexperienced on how energy manipulation works, and requires a developed connection to Surge. The only way a newly joined Vindicator would be able to use this power is if they are some sort of messiah in terms of magic.

So, Marius would be developing these powers alongside the other powers gained from Surge, and for once, rightfully hold his so called reputation of being a powerhouse. I hope you are all familiar enough with Marius to know, however, that I will not be using this instantly at full blown power while running into fights, much like some people did. *cough*DrakesonandUberman*cough*

• Where they are going to learn, or have learned said abilities: http://aeria.omgforum.net/groups-f66/the-vindicators-t2548.htm
  • Why you think you should have these abilities: Because logically Marius should be the first one to have these powers, but he doesn't because I've yet to apply for them because I am a lazy knob and Alyssa Munroe is the first Vindicator on server to have fully accessible powers. Believe it or not, Vindicator powers are the one abnormality about Marius that makes him differ from basic human characters, and are his only fighting strength.
    Spoiler:

I'll probably give Marius a nerf towards normal magic if this is approved.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Marius Shire - Surge Mastery   Marius Shire - Surge Mastery Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:42 pm

Ahhh, the venerated art of energy manipulation, thoroughly hated by the highest powers when wielded in the hands of an intelligent mortal. Things become interesting once more.

I'll wait for a few opinions before tossing my own in, but I don't have much against this, considering it makes perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Marius Shire - Surge Mastery   Marius Shire - Surge Mastery Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:12 pm

Kain wrote:
Ahhh, the venerated art of energy manipulation, thoroughly hated by the highest powers when wielded in the hands of an intelligent mortal. Things become interesting once more.

I'll wait for a few opinions before tossing my own in, but I don't have much against this, considering it makes perfect sense.

This comment means a great deal of good to me, since it's coming from the man who made magic in Aeria elaborate to the point of it becoming college reading-level.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Marius Shire - Surge Mastery   Marius Shire - Surge Mastery Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 7:31 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Marius Shire - Surge Mastery   Marius Shire - Surge Mastery Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:02 am

Haven't met Marius IC, but i've read the Vindicator thread before hand...if he's been fighting for as long as you say he has, i suppose it's entirely plausible his physical state would reah that level.

Not going to comment on the magic thing, it confuses me.
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet
Name: Talia Vortega
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Marius Shire - Surge Mastery   Marius Shire - Surge Mastery Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:20 pm

Magic really does confuse me.

So, accept.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Marius Shire - Surge Mastery   Marius Shire - Surge Mastery Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:56 pm

Bump.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Marius Shire - Surge Mastery   Marius Shire - Surge Mastery Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 2:13 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:

Bump.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Marius Shire - Surge Mastery   Marius Shire - Surge Mastery Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 2:15 pm

No problem here with me, I trust you with such things.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Marius Shire - Surge Mastery   Marius Shire - Surge Mastery Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 2:18 pm

I know what the Vindicators are, and what Marius has done for them and everything, so it's easy to accept this.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Marius Shire - Surge Mastery   Marius Shire - Surge Mastery Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:18 pm

Accepted. Marius pretty much has this already, and logic dictates his character should anyway.

I'm surprised Mack accepted this, despite Eggman autoplay
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Marius Shire - Surge Mastery   Marius Shire - Surge Mastery Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:20 pm

Approved. I understand it for the most part, and you only really needed it accepted, because otherwise you technically already had it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marius Shire - Surge Mastery   Marius Shire - Surge Mastery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marius Shire - Surge Mastery
Page 1 of 1