Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wade Shire - The Arbiter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Wade Shire - The Arbiter Empty
PostSubject: Wade Shire - The Arbiter   Wade Shire - The Arbiter Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:20 pm

• The character you are applying it for(IT MUST BE YOUR OWN.): Wade Shire - http://aeria.omgforum.net/characters-f8/marius-shire-t2544.htm
  • WHAT you are applying said character for: To become The Arbiter. The high immortal and anchor-chain of Surge
  • What the applicating abilities can do(IN DETAIL.): First you have to understand a few things.

1# The Arbiter is the title of the future immortal anchor-soul for Surge. A demigod, in essence.

2# Surge is basically the third weave. At the moment, it is not nearly as big as Mystra's Weave or the Shadow Weave, because it lacks an anchor-soul. An anchor-soul is the soul of a powerful immortal that the weave needs in order to grow. Mystra's weave has Mystra, obviously, and Shadow Weave has Shar. That is why you have to worship Shar in order to use Shadow Weave.

3# The Shires are a bloodline of powerful immortals and humans. Marius unfortunately has little to no present immortal blood in him, but Wade, his brother has pure immortal blood. Wade is susceptible to magic of all kinds, and is a perfect candidate to becoming The Arbiter.
    Spoiler:

This would mean that Wade would no longer appear in Surna, or even Aeria, unless it was a special event and instead he would reside in the realm of Vindicators. The guard will have to recruit Marius in order to ensure the guard equipment's quality does not drop. Instead of making Wade "The chosen one of Aeria", it will simply allow Surge to grow and become less private (normally only Vindicators recruited personally by Marius can use Surge), and soon characters connected to Surge will not need normal magic affinity to cast spells, instead drawing power from Surge. If this is the case, a separate lore page will be made for Surge, instead of being on The Vindicator's lore page.

I'd have to busy myself with writing lore for Surge, and make it somewhat different than normal weave so it won't be a normal copy/paste.

UPDATE: So, anonymous man asks; Is The Arbiter capable of Reality-Shifting magic? YES; but with specific restrictions. First, any reality-shifting magic The Arbiter uses only has effect in The Vindicator's realm. Special applications of this include;
    Spoiler:

• Where they are going to learn, or have learned said abilities: Marius created Surge, and holds the secret of controlling it directly. He can infuse his brother with the main conduit of Surge. Wade won't be wiped from the universe completely through over-exposure to pure magic, because he is a powerful soul, even among immortals, and has been preparing for this infusion by connecting to pure magic in small doses (larger every time) through magic-holding crystals, much like The Sentinels use.

• Why you think you should have these abilities: Character/Plot/Lore Advancement!

Last edited by Psycheandromida on Sun May 23, 2010 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Wade Shire - The Arbiter   Wade Shire - The Arbiter Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:30 pm

APOTHEOSISSSS.

Wade is probably one of the few characters even qualified for this due to certain other attributes of his. So while I would normally swat this app down like a fly, this one is actually feasible.

Will let my opinion float for a bit so I can build up the suspense.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Wade Shire - The Arbiter   Wade Shire - The Arbiter Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 10:11 pm

Added big orange update
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Wade Shire - The Arbiter   Wade Shire - The Arbiter Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 10:50 pm

It is a lot to ask for, but he wouldn't be an everyday RP character...

One thing's for certain.

Wade Shire - The Arbiter Arbiter_from_Halo_2_by_Kamino185
He is the sword of the Prophets.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wade Shire - The Arbiter   Wade Shire - The Arbiter Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 5:13 pm

What, nobody is gonna comment? Okay, have it your way.

*approves the thing*

dun.
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet
Name: Talia Vortega
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Wade Shire - The Arbiter   Wade Shire - The Arbiter Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 5:19 pm

How will Surge differ from Mystra's Weave?
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Wade Shire - The Arbiter   Wade Shire - The Arbiter Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 6:10 pm

Scalene wrote:
How will Surge differ from Mystra's Weave?

I was planning on expanding on this question when/if this gets accepted, but:

Originally, before this app, Surge was weave only available to VIndicators, where Marius was able to create special powers that Surge granted to them. Spells can't actually be cast properly from Surge, because it's more of a internal magic, where Surge is supposed to build upon empower spells being cast with Mystra's weave. Only the powers added to Surge can be cast. Surge acts as more like a strong bloodline or heritage, in the sense that a person mat have dragon blood, instead of being a weave where you can directly access and cast spells from.

If a person has the concentration and powerful enough connection to Surge, some spells can be cast, but Surge isn't compatible with spells made for Mystra's weave. The spell cast will almost certainly pierce magic immunity and resistance (Immunity and resistance to weave and shadow weave, not immunity magic in it's raw essence,) but the caster's connection to Surge will be disabled.

If you don't have the magical talent to cast spells, then you still won't have it if you're connected to Surge.

So basically, Surge is a lot more restricting, yet makes those connected considerably powerful. If Surge gets an anchor soul, The Arbiter, then the main difference is that future generations of descendants to those already connected to Surge will be born with it. The main con in this is that in the future, Vindicators won't be the only ones with Surge, therefore users of Surge on Aeria won't be restricted by a moral code.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Wade Shire - The Arbiter   Wade Shire - The Arbiter Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wade Shire - The Arbiter   Wade Shire - The Arbiter Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:05 pm

Surge receiving a proper anchor also allows its continued existence and growth, hence it's very important to the Vindicators.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Wade Shire - The Arbiter   Wade Shire - The Arbiter Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:59 pm

Fucking bump.

I'd also like to remind everyone that this is in no way exclusive to Marius.
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet
Name: Talia Vortega
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Wade Shire - The Arbiter   Wade Shire - The Arbiter Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:34 am

What are some of the restrictions of this new, improved Surge?

EDIT: This isn't me trying to nitpick, it's just that I honestly can't see how it works.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Wade Shire - The Arbiter   Wade Shire - The Arbiter Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:41 am

Scalene wrote:
What are some of the restrictions of this new, improved Surge?

Mostly it's, like before, the way that Surge allows preset powers instead of the ability to cast spells. Otherwise, the only way of being connected to Surge is if you're a Vindicator, or the descendant of a Vindicator (if this application is approved).
Back to top Go down
Sailor Moo

Sailor Moo

PostSubject: Re: Wade Shire - The Arbiter   Wade Shire - The Arbiter Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 2:43 am

I don't really get it, pardon how slow I am.
What's the Surge and why is it mentioned so frequently in the app?
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wade Shire - The Arbiter   Wade Shire - The Arbiter Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:35 am

Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Wade Shire - The Arbiter   Wade Shire - The Arbiter Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:21 pm

Much needed bump. If no one has anything else to say about this, it's getting moved to accepted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wade Shire - The Arbiter   Wade Shire - The Arbiter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wade Shire - The Arbiter
Page 1 of 1