Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Ara'ki Proposal

Go down 
+7
Krug
Rutabega
Munroe
Kain
PuPeT-KaI
thorogoodd
Pat
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rutabega
Rutabega

The Ara'ki Proposal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ara'ki Proposal   The Ara'ki Proposal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:01 pm

Plus there's the whole artifacts of world altering power that are in Ara'ki, which'd probably change the face of how things end up on the mainland. Then of course there's the whole corrupt Occitan thing. In short, anything that happens on the mainland, Ara'ki remains totally isolated and unchanged, where as if we go to Ara'ki first, massive changes will take place on the continent that could effect a lot of things.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Ara'ki Proposal   The Ara'ki Proposal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:32 am

Ara'ki was boring and the server was dead whenever we ran it, Surna always brought people to the server, eventually.

You can have Ara'ki and have an empty server, with lots of potential for new things.

Or you can have Surna, which should draw people as it has in the past, and eventually go to Ara'ki, but this time with a better plan, and a larger playerbase that would be much more interested in the new area, it's all about timing.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: The Ara'ki Proposal   The Ara'ki Proposal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:12 pm

I can't help but to call logic fallacy on that one, Berserk. Regardless of the setting being Ara'ki or Surna, I do believe we had fairly the same amount of population on, which is to say, rather few. And even if it was the case of Surna attracting more people... what are you going to do? If I'm being entirely honest, most of the times I was on the server, I was browsing through the Steam web browser for entertainment because absolutely nothing really went on, besides from these big events and such to which none my of characters would've in their right minds unfortunately participated. A gnoll and a fairly weak, young girl. At least this is my experience, sadly. I'm not sure what Surna can really offer to us anymore without it, as said before, really stretching the already strained disbelief.

I feel that starting from a fairly new spot would certainly give us much, much more freedom as there is an untold amount of things to be discovered. Maybe there will be even things to do for the younger characters with hunting, exploring and scavenging around the place.

Whatever the case, I support Ara'ki while I do find the Surnan proposal adequate aswell.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Ara'ki Proposal   The Ara'ki Proposal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:17 pm

What I'm saying is.... Surna has been empty for long periods of time, but it always resurfaces, Ara'ki has not, in a very long time.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: The Ara'ki Proposal   The Ara'ki Proposal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:26 pm

That might be because we lost the server and the attention of the community for a very long period of time, and Ara'ki truly hasn't surfaced yet; it'd be unfair to say that it can't resurface, because it wasn't given a proper shot in the first place.

I have much more to say on the matter of this thread, but I'll do that when I don't have to wake up early tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: The Ara'ki Proposal   The Ara'ki Proposal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 8:26 am

Markka wrote:
If I'm being entirely honest, most of the times I was on the server, I was browsing through the Steam web browser for entertainment because absolutely nothing really went on,

God forbid anyone ever tried to generate their own RP. Let the server gods provide us with plot, and if it is not adequate, we will forsake them and move to Ara'ki. No.

Quote :
besides from these big events and such to which none my of characters would've in their right minds unfortunately participated. A gnoll and a fairly weak, young girl. At least this is my experience, sadly. I'm not sure what Surna can really offer to us anymore without it, as said before, really stretching the already strained disbelief.

This just seems down to the massive unoriginality of the quests. It has nothing to do with the actual area we're in. We could move to Ara'ki tommorow and people would still bitch about there being nothing to do with their specialized and otherwise weak characters. Come up with smarter plots and better quests. Don't give up and swap locations. Anything that can be done at Ara'ki, can probably be done at Surna.

Quote :
Maybe there will be even things to do for the younger characters with hunting, exploring and scavenging around the place.

Seems to me like better quests would fix this.

Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Ara'ki Proposal   The Ara'ki Proposal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:38 am

Phry wrote:
Markka wrote:
If I'm being entirely honest, most of the times I was on the server, I was browsing through the Steam web browser for entertainment because absolutely nothing really went on,

God forbid anyone ever tried to generate their own RP. Let the server gods provide us with plot, and if it is not adequate, we will forsake them and move to Ara'ki. No.

Quote :
besides from these big events and such to which none my of characters would've in their right minds unfortunately participated. A gnoll and a fairly weak, young girl. At least this is my experience, sadly. I'm not sure what Surna can really offer to us anymore without it, as said before, really stretching the already strained disbelief.

This just seems down to the massive unoriginality of the quests. It has nothing to do with the actual area we're in. We could move to Ara'ki tommorow and people would still bitch about there being nothing to do with their specialized and otherwise weak characters. Come up with smarter plots and better quests. Don't give up and swap locations. Anything that can be done at Ara'ki, can probably be done at Surna.

Quote :
Maybe there will be even things to do for the younger characters with hunting, exploring and scavenging around the place.

Seems to me like better quests would fix this.

I think all of this is why Markka said that moving to Surna would be adequate. He's not a full pledged worshipper of the Ara'Ki proposal, just more supportive of it than Surna. When in that post did he say that the Surnan proposal was a bad idea?
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Ara'ki Proposal   The Ara'ki Proposal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:39 am

Phry wrote:
We could move to Ara'ki tommorow and people would still bitch about there being nothing to do with their specialized and otherwise weak characters. Come up with smarter plots and better quests.

Or make better characters. They don't have to be some strong-ass to participate in quests, but their only abilities shouldn't just be 'hanging out in tavern' and 'telling people about my background / day '. Characters must have pretty fucking sad lives if they have to play around in a fucking bar all day to get some conversation.

EDIT:

You also have to remember that, ICly, the tavern is usually occupied by working people. Who come there straight after work. Sweaty. Smelly. And fucking ready to get balls drunk and beat people the shit up. Great fucking conversation environment!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ara'ki Proposal   The Ara'ki Proposal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ara'ki Proposal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2