Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestion: Schools.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

Suggestion: Schools. Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 9:08 pm

I just found out a really cool way on how to control child characters, here it is.

SCHOOLS

Why schools? Simple, we just make some sort of law to have all characters under 14 to be obligatorily in school, and therefore cannot be played from 8 AM to 2 PM ( When I fix the clock so it actually goes slow enough to not be ridiculously slow, or too fast ). Not only that, but it actually gives an oportunity for child characters to RP with eachother without bothering anyone. Infact, school doesn't even have to be RPed, you can simply skip it and play out how the day turned out.

And not only that, but it also gives an oportunity for young characters, around the 14, 17 age range to actually RP with non adults, and make acquaintances, as to develop them far better.

Not only that, but we could actually RP having different schools for different people, as well as people skipping school and things like that. There could for example be a rich people school, the public school, mage school, schools for races.

I know, overuse of the word, but whatever.

Whad'ya think? I think this would also serve as to stop overpowered child characters from existing, and preventing them from acting like adults.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 9:35 pm

On your last point: I have one thing to say: Dimension traveling side effects. (with Richard)

I thought it was going to be 13 and older aren't considered child chars? Other than that, I see this as a
good idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:24 pm

Quote :
I thought it was going to be 13 and older aren't considered child chars? Other than that, I see this as a
good idea.

Old suggestion.

I fully support this idea. Get those damned kids off the streets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:18 pm

I say Kardiliaz start teaching kids how to feel pain.....
HEHEHEHE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:00 am

Ooh! Izzy could make some new friends. ^.^
I support dis idea, fully.

HOWEVER, There is a thing called "Playing hooky". We'd need an army of helgas to prevent it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:08 am

I support this idea fully.

<3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:15 am

Kruggly wrote:
I support this idea fully.

<3

That makes two of us.

I think this is brilliant, to say the least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:33 am

I think this is a really good idea, myself. Not sure you can make a law on kids in school, unless you want some sorta campus police, so to speak to do the hookie finding.

Suggest you find some people that are willing to play the part of a school teacher.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:33 am

Rutabega wrote:
Suggest you find some people that are willing to play the part of a school teacher.

Pat's got it covered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:39 am

Somehow I knew Pat'd be into playing a fat nun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:40 am

I can teach sexual education.

No, in all seriousness-- why have campus police? Guard could easily do that job-- while on patrol if they notice kids out, during school session. It's blantly obvious they're cutting. So they could take care of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:42 am

Zaku, you and Thorn already taught sex education, if you remembah.

Thing bout playin hookie is the kids could just go into the forest, once outside o town not much the Guard can do, insofar as find them. Besides, don't got nuff guards for more duties, recruit me some more and 's a different story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:45 am

Or, maybe instead-- the players can RP properly, and pretend their guards. Instead of playing hookie everyday. Because the teachers would notice-- and tell a figure of authority at the point. It's the player's job to be atleast mildly intelligent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:51 am

One of my shortcomins in rp is I always forget about the IC people >_<
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:53 am

Rutabega wrote:
Zaku, you and Thorn already taught sex education, if you remembah.

Thing bout playin hookie is the kids could just go into the forest, once outside o town not much the Guard can do, insofar as find them. Besides, don't got nuff guards for more duties, recruit me some more and 's a different story.
I BEGG TO DIFFER
*loads his crossbow*
I'll hunt those children down!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:59 am

That would be furthering the corruption of the guard.

Killing kids just cause they're skipping school? Stop being lazy and tie em up, and take them back to school.

WITHOUT HARMING THEM!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 12:19 pm

Richard Crimson wrote:
That would be furthering the corruption of the guard.

Killing kids just cause they're skipping school? Stop being lazy and tie em up, and take them back to school.

WITHOUT HARMING THEM!!!

Tranquilizers get over yourself.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:03 pm

So, are we actually gonna do this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:10 pm

I'm fine with it as long as there are little more specific rules put in. (like if the person is allready educated to
an extent, then they can learn from that age up in the school.(or if they know everything that school has to
offer, then they shouldn't be forced into it. (especially if they keep answering the questions completely
correctly before the teachers even finish them Razz (I've done this quite a few times IRL lol))))
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:20 pm

Richard Crimson wrote:
I'm fine with it as long as there are little more specific rules put in. (like if the person is allready educated to
an extent, then they can learn from that age up in the school.(or if they know everything that school has to
offer, then they shouldn't be forced into it. (especially if they keep answering the questions completely
correctly before the teachers even finish them Razz (I've done this quite a few times IRL lol))))

We could add some sort of SAT or ACT, a standarized test for alummni to do upon last year of high school in order to study on imperial universities.

That should also be decided. We could have for example an University of Magic, or a wholly scientific college, for people who want to go to an actual upper class education. I mean, those have existed for millenia, they wouldn't really break the lore.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:50 am

It should apply for all grades as a measure of skipping ahead. No sense in holding kids back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:20 am

Quote :
It should apply for all grades as a measure of skipping ahead. No sense in holding kids back.

Isn't this why this is here. To keep people from roleplaying kids constantly?
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:29 am

Mack wrote:
Isn't this why this is here. To keep people from roleplaying kids constantly?

No more kidz please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:24 am

Okay, this is confusing: The other day or yesterday or w/e, everyone was agreeing on making this "school"

But then when it got put into place (without any notification of it being official whatsoever), everyone got
pissed because people were making EVEN MORE child chars just to RP in school. Now everyone wants to
blow up the school.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!??!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:34 am

Yesterday was just a test conducted by Kam to see if the whole school-RP thing would work.

And honestly, I thought this was to keep child characters limited for a short time. Not make everyone create child characters to RP school in during certain hours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Schools.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next