Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestion: Schools.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

Suggestion: Schools. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:22 pm

Might as well call the server "Preschool Olden playground" at this rate.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:04 pm

The very attempt to slow the amount of child characters just increased them.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:05 pm

Donixs wrote:
Might as well call the server "Preschool Olden playground" at this rate.

Yeah, because everyone plays characters under 13.

I find it utterly immature, and pathetic that most of you are willing to shoot down an idea before even trying it because of your own petty beliefs, and that is the reason why we see nearly no innovation or originality. When someone makes something good or new, it's always "Huh, cool", "How the hell this benefits me?" and "No thanks, I like things as they are".

And you know what? I'm sick of it. Shut up with your preschool level comments, stop believing your badass image on the internet matters and all, and just let the people who can work, work.

I hate it, I really do when I see people getting power, and stepping on people that innovate for the sake of getting more power. Because that's what's happening here, none of you can face you're still kids so you wanna play adults. And absolutely disregard the fact that child characters are powerfully expressive characters because they present a weakness they can't overcome, and that is age.

So I recommend to everyone shooting this down to just shut up and begin seeing the bigger picture of things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:12 pm

I'm not shooting the idea down. I'm just saying that this has a high probability to turn all of Olden into fantasy high-school RP.

And to be honest, I found it boring. But that's just my personal experience.

Maybe it could work. With some proper teachers. Not just "Alright. I'm going to teach you art. No wait, actually. Here, I'll hand you off to this random guy who walked into the classroom".

But there's still too few members to make it properly go around.
Either too many people are in school, or there are too few to even bother. I'm sorry to say there's no middleground.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:38 pm

I was cool with this idea, until I saw a bunch of people saying "Sex Ed!" in global OOC. Yes, kam, in some cases child characters are powerfully expressive. In this case, all I saw was sexually suggestive child RP in high skirts and school uniforms. There weren't even any male children.

And the fact a chunk of the server had to make up more child characters just to make this work completely goes against the point of this.

I say instead of actually RPing school, simply say that children are in school until a certain time. That'll limit your child characters running around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:42 pm

@.@ OR you can get stephen use tranquilizer rounds on the kids skipping school hehehe....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:56 pm

I think all this lacks is a good teacher for it to work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:07 pm

I say it lacks maturity. Infact, ALOT of things going on in Olden lack maturity. Way too much if you ask me.

What I don't like about it personaly, is that whenever I try to be the least bit immature, as in a sex joke or
whatever, almost everyone is talling me "Gtfo faggot". And then when EVERYONE else gets all immature,
why am I not allowed to bitch about it?
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:28 pm

Munroe wrote:
I say instead of actually RPing school, simply say that children are in school until a certain time. That'll limit your child characters running around.

Best idea out of this thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Schools.   Suggestion: Schools. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Schools.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2