Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Knife in the Dark

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
♥Lithium
President of the Gay Bar
♥Lithium

Character sheet
Name: Ahrian de Lioncourt
Race: Human

Knife in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Knife in the Dark   Knife in the Dark Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:49 pm

Zaku stares back at him, a rat skitters about between them, squeecking as it scurries off into a hole, making the silence even more eeiry. A classic stare-down.

[SoN] takes a nonchallant pace forward, his hand gripping the blade tighter as he moves in for the kill.

Zaku suddenly reaches up, aiming a palm at SoN. "..Now, now. I think we'd be of more use to one another, alive.."

[SoN] smirks lightly, his hand tightening even more on his blade, his other hand moving slowly to the dagger at his hip. In a chilling, some what gruff voice his voice rings out through the watery alleys. "Is that so...?"

Zaku nods a bit, he reluctantly lets go of his dagger, letting it drop. It clatters into the ground, with a few metallic rings, and splashes, as a puddle is sent array. "...What're you after, money?.. Fame?.."

[SoN] shakes his head lightly, obviously humored by your simple defeat. "Neither." He takes one step closer, so they are about four feet from one another. "I'm after justice."

Zaku: ..Justice?...
Zaku chuckles, raising his hands in the air, gesturing about the slums that encircle them, "Justice?.. In Surna?.. You're a fool to ever seek such a thing..."

[SoN] twirls his scimitar once, pointing it in your direction. "If it is not saught by one--" there is an ominous silence for a few seconds before he speaks. "--then it is lost by many."

Zaku brings a hand up, running it through his brown, messy hair, "Killing me won't solve anything - I'm after the same thing as you-- power.."
Zaku grins, maliciously, "Because. We both know you're not truly after justice.."
Zaku: You just want to take it's place-- you want to play god.

[SoN] smirks lightly, "This is why I strive for it-- people like you who wear the phsage of power and in your hour of need breath the name of your savior. Unless you have anything else to try and tempt me not to kill you--"

Zaku: Trust me,
Zaku: I'm more of use to you, alive.
Zaku: You want to preserve justice?..
Zaku: Then you kill corruption at the source. Not a man merely fighting off it's strands.

[SoN] grins slightly from beneath his hood-- "Why not bathe in the luxury of knowing there will be no loose ends? Just as you would cut down a tree, there are still the roots..."

Zaku chuckles, looking up at the sky for a moment, rolling his shoulders, "..You fail to understand the effects of killing me-- ending my life would be setting the end of yours in stone. My dear friend.."

[SoN] remains quiet with his devil-ridden grin, "Twas' the same words that came from the councilman of Leyanara as my blade slipped into his throat..."

[The boom of thunder in the distance can be heard, the rhythmic sound of water droplets splashing on the cobbles awkwardly falls over the two.]

Zaku looks back at him, his expression cold. "...If you feel it.. so necessary to slay me in cold blood, do it... But, you'll only be contradicting yourself in the long run.."
Zaku: A man who fights for justice?..
Zaku: Yet--
Zaku: You prey on the innocent.

[SoN] bursts into a dark chuckle. "Innocent? Heh, didn't know that word was in your vocabulary." A few moments pass before he speaks again, "What is your life worth..."

Zaku: At this point?.. Nothing, for a hunter. You don't know much about your prey..
Zaku: You see--
Zaku: I'm dead, already.

[SoN] coats his lips in a thin layer of spit, "Dead or not, resistance or willfullness, you will die here and now."

Zaku: And, that-- is where your wrong..
Zaku: For you see..
Zaku: There's a reason I'm here.
Zaku looks back into the sky, eyeing a few stars, "..Tell me, do you know your astronomy.."

[SoN] nods slightly, "Yes-- why does that matter?"

Zaku: ..It's been seven years, exactly, since the last eclipse..
Zaku: The darkened sun
Zaku looks back at Son. "You seem like a smart fellow-- enlighten me, does the Dark Sun ring any bell to you?..."

[SoN] smirks lightly, "Cyric. I thought so..."

Zaku nods, "..Much more then just Cyric.."

[SoN] a devilishly handsome grin follows as he speaks aloud, "My death is already set in stone, there is no way for me to avoid it. But I plan to get my fair share of work done in the time I have."

Zaku: Then, we are much of the same..
Zaku: Yet, so eager to end one another - when, we could be working for the same goal.

[SoN] thinks a moment, the thought of working with him seeming to be a fair idea. "If we are so much alike, and each of us wish to wear the illusion of power-- does that not mean that in the end one would betray the other?"

Zaku: I guess only time will tell, but you said it yourself: "My death is already set in stone, there is no way for me to avoid it"... I guess we'll both be living by the same motto.

[SoN] grins from beneath his hood. "I don't think I properly introduced myself-- where are my manners." he lowers his hood his identity being revealed. "The name is Ahrian de Lioncourt..."

Zaku pulls his scarf down, revealing his mouth, though, surpringly enough his voice wasn't muffled during the course of their conversation, for unknown reasons, "..Zaku Daikun, at your service.."

[SoN] smiles lightly, his hair flowing lightly with the breeze. "In time we shall see whom will be victorious in their efforts..."

Zaku nods, kicking up his blade, sending it into the air to catch, and sheath, "..Heh.. I guess it's true what they say-- your worst enemy, is your closest friend.."

[SoN] narrows his eyes lightly before turning with a slight chuckle. He paces gently down the alley calling out to you, "Only time will tell Zaku, only time will tell..."

Zaku: ..Indeed..
Zaku goes to turn, and walk off in the opposite direction, pulling his hood up.

Last edited by ♥Lithium on Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Knife in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife in the Dark   Knife in the Dark Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:13 am

Is there a before to this, or does it just start with an eerie stare-down?
Back to top Go down

Knife in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife in the Dark   Knife in the Dark Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:52 am

SoN I am disappoint.
Back to top Go down

Knife in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife in the Dark   Knife in the Dark Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:02 am

Tried to kill me too.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Knife in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife in the Dark   Knife in the Dark Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:26 am

This is why I prefer to go with the thief approach. Robbery goes more smoothly than murder.
Back to top Go down

Knife in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife in the Dark   Knife in the Dark Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:39 am

I remember Ahrian! But I didn't see his char page until about a week or so after I joined. And it was at the top, on
it's first page.

So in my knowledge he's just as new/old as Eiken.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

Knife in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife in the Dark   Knife in the Dark Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:25 am

There was alot more, in the beginning. -That- was the cooler part, if you ask me. But Div didn't get it in time before his Steam died, I think. And I forgot that I had it-- and went to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Knife in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife in the Dark   Knife in the Dark Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Knife in the Dark
Page 1 of 1