Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post here to show support of revival of olden

Go down 
+9
Steveman12
Munroe
Psycheandromida
Kain
kamaitama
Matt O'Brien
Proximity Mine
TRUlyjuST
Pat
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Post here to show support of revival of olden Empty
PostSubject: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:40 pm

Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:43 pm

If it can be remade, to anything near it original glory, I might return... I support its revival IF it can be done correctly.
Back to top Go down
Proximity Mine

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:48 pm

We have the Sander, we can rebuild it.

Mr. Colonel Sander R.R.F.B. Cohen the Third is on-duty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:56 am

You guys are still trying?
Well, I suppose I could try to help, Unless of course you don't want me here.
PS: Will olden still be dominated by egotistical cyberers anymore?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:57 pm

*Slowly scratches out my signature and leaves*

Last edited by Drakeson on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Character sheet
Name: Matthew Brandon O'Brien
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:36 pm

Hey There, Yes, I'm back, No you shouldn't give a Shit. I am here because I actually give a shit. *Cough*. I'll do what I can to help, And I mean -whatever- I can. To my ability. I'm willing to forget the Role Play Scar this community left me to see if I can fix this with you guys. I'm gong to have some little rules for myself, and If I fuck up, you guys can feel free to tell me, Just don't flame. I support what you're doing Pat, and anyone that thinks the same should do what should have been done a long time ago, and help make this place in-fucking-habitable for once. I care not for an admin position, if thats what you were going to say. I'll be here, and on SF.

Sincerely Yours-
- Matthew B. O'Brien

Last edited by Matt O'Brien on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mattspagebrigantine

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:42 pm

As I stated bef to Patmate, I'm always in for bringin Olden back.

Quote :
Will olden still be dominated by egotistical cyberers anymore?

If directed to me, then...

Post here to show support of revival of olden AngryCat

If not....

Post here to show support of revival of olden Draft_lens1938996module9059666photo_1207854229Laughing_Cat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:04 am

Rutabega wrote:
As I stated bef to Patmate, I'm always in for bringin Olden back.

Quote :
Will olden still be dominated by egotistical cyberers anymore?

If directed to me, then...

Post here to show support of revival of olden AngryCat

If not....

Post here to show support of revival of olden Draft_lens1938996module9059666photo_1207854229Laughing_Cat
Directed to most of the former players ruta dear
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:50 pm

I'll help
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:59 pm

Talking in all honesty, the server will NOT work unless you people add limits to people's powers, and you remove guns as a whole. AS A WHOLE, all sorts of gunpowder, no grenades, no bullshit. We have fucking magic, why would we even need explosives?

That, and simplify races, give them a rather equality, like in TES Oblivion, there should NOT be a demon race with ungodly powers, there should not be races exclusive to one character.

Other than that, gods shouldn't be played, in any circumstance, gods should in no way affect roleplay directly, they should work much like on real life, where we believe in them, they're not walking amongst us. Gods make religions, gods make believers, gods don't make wars, people make wars.

LOTS of lore stuff that is outdated or blatantly taken from D&D should be either removed or rewritten, the roleplay guides "taken" from Desertia should be removed too. Lore should in fact be written from scratch.

Aside from that, I can provide you guys with the script I made for you. I do not however plan to add any updates to it, because my opinion still stands, I'm not gonna work for any sort of revival, script updates, extra features until Rutabega steps down, and that opinion is not going to change until I actually see him practice what he preaches.

Infact, that's goes for everyone, really, I'm sick of you guys saying "YEAH GUYS WE GOTTA REVIVE THIS SHIT MANG". If you're going to help, then help, fucking step up and do something, otherwise just stay quiet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:33 pm

kamaitama wrote:
Talking in all honesty, the server will NOT work unless you people add limits to people's powers, and you remove guns as a whole. AS A WHOLE, all sorts of gunpowder, no grenades, no bullshit. We have fucking magic, why would we even need explosives?

That, and simplify races, give them a rather equality, like in TES Oblivion, there should NOT be a demon race with ungodly powers, there should not be races exclusive to one character.

Other than that, gods shouldn't be played, in any circumstance, gods should in no way affect roleplay directly, they should work much like on real life, where we believe in them, they're not walking amongst us. Gods make religions, gods make believers, gods don't make wars, people make wars.

LOTS of lore stuff that is outdated or blatantly taken from D&D should be either removed or rewritten, the roleplay guides "taken" from Desertia should be removed too. Lore should in fact be written from scratch.

Aside from that, I can provide you guys with the script I made for you. I do not however plan to add any updates to it, because my opinion still stands, I'm not gonna work for any sort of revival, script updates, extra features until Rutabega steps down, and that opinion is not going to change until I actually see him practice what he preaches.

Infact, that's goes for everyone, really, I'm sick of you guys saying "YEAH GUYS WE GOTTA REVIVE THIS SHIT MANG". If you're going to help, then help, fucking step up and do something, otherwise just stay quiet.

After all my thoughts and thinking, after hearing and remembering once more and reading this, I'm going continue on my standards of not going support this till all of what Kamaitama said is dealt and done with.

Hence this quote,
"Sometimes the good must perish so that the rest survive."

More so you people thinking Rutabega is "Good" but yet a sacrafice must be made towards where this so called "Good" must be perished, so that the rest can continue and survive.
Back to top Go down
Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:07 pm

Every Word of what Kamitama Says is the Truth, Weather or not i sound like a hypocrite. We have a LOT of work to do. I've got some free time and some friends with some damn good Brain Power for fantasy. I'm sure I could help with the Rewriting of the lore. Guns Should be removed completely, as above stated. Well, I'm here to help to the best of my knowledge.

Yours Truly,
Matthew B. O'Brien
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:31 pm

Methinks we should replace the admin team as a whole once we get back on our feet.
Because most of them aren't fit to do the job or aren't even a PART of olden anymore. The latter being most of the issue.
Back to top Go down
Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:40 pm

Narbear, Do you still haz a Steam?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:46 pm

Matt O'Brien wrote:
Narbear, Do you still haz a Steam?
Yeah. It's Narran1337.
I removed everyone because I was in RAAAAAAAAGE MODE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:00 pm

Now I can almost SMELL an internet fight brewing up.
How about we all do some work and avoid these petty arguments?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:00 pm

double post my bad

Last edited by Kallistia on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:18 pm

I agree with many of Kam's points, the lore is a must, no questions there, I'm willing to stand behind w/er inserver changes Pat proposes. In regards to me stepping down, I said to several people that once Olden was revived, I'd demote myself and I still stand by that. If you choose to believe me or not is totally up to you but I've frankly had enough of the crap that comes with dealing with a community, -especially- this community. So take what I say how you want, but I mean it all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:31 pm

root
add me
NOW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:08 pm

Donneee 'n done
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:08 pm

Yay
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:37 am

Good luck, guys. And just try to have fun, nothing else.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:27 pm

No, Zaku, you're not a villian, you just merely fucking stepped over every single person that wanted to help you. You have a true attitude problem, which just finally struck me.

It's not us, it's you. I mean, honestly, do you expect everyone to just suck up their insult?

Back onto the topic. The reason why communities die is simply because people take the internet as just another game. In the end it's not a community, it's just a herd, we just stick around to be entertained mutually.

Since the internet is just another game, and the people on it are just avatars not actual people, then we instantly take in that there's no honor, respect or loyalty on the internet. Without that, then shit just doesn't stick. This only changes when money is involved.

So, really, don't feel all that bad, communities die, it's the natural way of being, people get bored. Eventually they just either realize there's nothing better to do, or that there's much better things to do.

As for idiocy, I can find something wrong with every single person I have met. Key is, really, not fight idiots, make them tolerable.

The issues with Olden, are in some way unfixable. You guys can't fix your reputation, that won't change, ever, even if it increases a bit, you guys still do Fantasy RP, which is possibly the nerdiest thing ever.

As for MP, I honestly have nothing else to say, MP has wasted potential, Olden has trajectory but a terrible past. After receiving two absolutely opposite reactions from ALOT of members of the community, Zaku included even though he "doesn't consider [himself] to be a part of MP anymore", quoting here, it seems Olden has a chance after all.

But, as I said before, work needs to be done, servers need to be hosted, and ideas need to be made.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:37 pm

ThePuppeteer wrote:

"Can't help the man who doesn't want to be helped."

On a different note, yeah, Listen to Kam, he seems to know what he's talking about, because he's always right.

So is saving a deaf mute from a fire a crime?

And it's just funny, hilarious even, how you turn your fucking word around on me, even though I haven't had any personal issues with you, even though every mistake you made I confronted you directly and assertively, and how you just go on calling me ignorant.

Not only that, but I'd really like for one fucking time to prove me wrong. How did trolling Divinity solve anything? How did quitting solve anything? How did leaving MP secretely at stasis solve anything? How was getting rid of our fucking server provider solve anything?
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:30 pm

Guys. Chill. Internet is not srs business. God damn, get over yourselves, it's just roleplay. Don't like it, don't waste time and money on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post here to show support of revival of olden
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next