Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post here to show support of revival of olden

Go down 
+9
Steveman12
Munroe
Psycheandromida
Kain
kamaitama
Matt O'Brien
Proximity Mine
TRUlyjuST
Pat
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:39 pm

Just ignore the Zaku-fag, he get's his kicks by arguments, he, along with several other people arn't allowed back, so if you see posts by Zaku, or someone you suspect to be Zaku, just notify any old admin and it'll be delt with at some point or annother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:19 am

Rutabega wrote:
Just ignore the Zaku-fag, he get's his kicks by arguments, he, along with several other people arn't allowed back, so if you see posts by Zaku, or someone you suspect to be Zaku, just notify any old admin and it'll be delt with at some point or annother.
What did he ever do?
He's not the "OMG EVIL PUPPETEER MASTER!1111!1!" you think him to be. :l
And by the tone of your post, I think you're just trying to get people to hate him.

Last edited by Kallistia on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:38 am

No seriously. Why is he ban on sight? I really think you're doing this out of personal spite, Ruta.
About trolling that other community, it's not really your, or anybody else's buisness about what people do outside of olden, and explain why Munroe got a warning, but Zaku was PERMA'D. He hasn't done anything wrong to olden, you just think he does, Name one thing he did that majorly affected our community. Mousepie is an exeption because the people CHOSE to go there, they could have stayed here for a number of reasons, so in reality, it's not zaku's fault, they just wanted a fresh start, Zaku is not a troll, you likely just make others believe he is because you probably need somebody to blame all your problems on, which is not what I call good leadership, and that's certainly not helping our already horrid reputation as it is. You should seriously step down, because banning members who want to come back isn't going to solve anything, Do we want to be known as NaziRP? Apparantly so. Why ban them? It just seems like you're trying to cover something up. If they're re joining, maybe they want to HELP US. Give them a chance for fucks sake, don't just go "LOL MOUSEPIE BAN". Someone's a little power-crazed, hm? Banning people just because they're from another community, tsk tsk. We need members, keeping people out is not going to help our situation. Apparantly you can't see that, just keeping them out because they said something that was probably true, you're behaving like a stubborn child, try letting them help us and see where that goes.

I'm tired, goodnight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:57 am

Good night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:57 am

Ness Tea wrote:
Good night.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 4:05 pm

Mind Games, very horrible.

*Slowly leans forward and then backwards then forward again.*

Also since when is "Flaming" tolerable and a necessary way to do so Rutabega, I still stand with my thoughts of points, and not only that your insults are rather annoying of such as an admin. Unable to reserve yourself and twirling your fingers around in the persons face spitting all over him with your derogatory language is quite unexpected of such a ranking of admin.

But in my opinion its funny as people argue right now and people want things to happen, but nothing much seems to be moving, everyone is on halt, and yet again it seems the Three Head Admins are doing their usual routine of Private Meeting? Or did that finally change?

*Shrugs*

I guess everyone going continue twirling their fingers in the air and typing useless words, as nothing happens because people doesn't know when to get off their ass and step up to the plate to do something. Hooooo shi-!? Anyway..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:36 pm

Drakeson wrote:
Mind Games, very horrible.

*Slowly leans forward and then backwards then forward again.*

Also since when is "Flaming" tolerable and a necessary way to do so Rutabega, I still stand with my thoughts of points, and not only that your insults are rather annoying of such as an admin. Unable to reserve yourself and twirling your fingers around in the persons face spitting all over him with your derogatory language is quite unexpected of such a ranking of admin.

But in my opinion its funny as people argue right now and people want things to happen, but nothing much seems to be moving, everyone is on halt, and yet again it seems the Three Head Admins are doing their usual routine of Private Meeting? Or did that finally change?

*Shrugs*

I guess everyone going continue twirling their fingers in the air and typing useless words, as nothing happens because people doesn't know when to get off their ass and step up to the plate to do something. Hooooo shi-!? Anyway..
That's nice.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:31 am

God damnit.

Go home, people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:16 pm

NOU
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:56 pm

If people are willing to accept their past mistakes and instead think of a better future, right on, man. Giving once again a place for fantasy roleplay is a great thing. Lord knows it's easier to just give up and join a generic HL2 RP.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 2:36 pm

So I just noticed something, Trulyjust is no longer admin, yet Ruta still is, care to explain Pat?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:09 pm

True demoted himself cuz he doesn't feel he's active enough, things are quite often simpler then your prejidice assumptions.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:14 am

Rutabega wrote:
True demoted himself cuz he doesn't feel he's active enough, things are quite often simpler then your prejidice assumptions.

Eh, Truly talked to me and told me that Pat demoted you both after you asked how many people don't wanted you to have admin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 1:40 pm

That's not true, True demoted both me and him after an argument we had, demoted himself because he wasn't active enough, and demoted me because of the subject of the argument we had. Pat's the one who repromoted me when I told him about it. He didn't even know what was going on until I told him, hell, I had to walk him through the some of the steps to re-add someone into a group.

And frankly, I don't give a damn how many people want me to be an admin, especially since most of those people shouldn't be returning to Olden one way or annother. I already said before I'd demote myself when this whole deal is over and I plan on sticking to that plan. You can take it or leave it.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:58 pm

"If they don't want me to be an admin, they probably shouldn't be returning to Olden."

scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:31 pm

Rather, if certain people have such a huge problem with it, to the point of not wanting to come back, they shouldn't bother coming back.

Plus, the fact of the matter is that one of Olden's many larger problems was it's playerbase in it's self. I'm not trying to shift any of my own involvement in what happend away from me, because regardless of what some people might think, there were alot of reasons that Olden declined. One of these larger reasons is you, the community. I've never, in my whole bloody life seen a group of people hate one annother for whatever reason. There was constant non-stop arguments and flaming between almost everyone and everyone seemed to have a grudge against someone else to the point of trying to get them banned, or flaming them once they've left. Not to mension, from what I heard from quite a few people, it was an issue at MP too. So really, I'm perfectly fine if certain people choose not to come back for whatever reason if it gets us any closer to removing the constant hate and rivalry that's all too common.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:45 pm

Alright, I'm more or less done with Olden for the moment, unless I can be persuaded otherwise. And, Kam, you misunderstood me, I demoted Ruta and myself.
Back to top Go down
Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Character sheet
Name: Matthew Brandon O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:55 pm

Ok, Ruta. This is a first for me, and No, This isn't because of what happened in the past.

/forget's.

This is just a Straight answer. I'm frankly just pissed today for personal reasons.

/rage

But, It kind of pushes me to say what I think. To be honest, You not stepping down till its done just makes people think you're lying to keep your position. Take it from me, For what Knowledge I have on the subject, weather or not this is the case is not the point. The real point is, Do you need to be head admin to help a community? I sure as hell don't want the position back at this point, but I'm still here, I'm still trying to help. Call it what you want. I don't need anyones approval but my own for my thoughts. I don't have any personal Spite for you at this point Ruta, or anyone here. I'm just kind of Disappointed in the fact that I let any of this start to happen. My disappearance at the time, back when I was booted, Seems to have laid just enough of an effect on this place to fuck it over. So I need to shift back into place, Get the fuck active again, and do what I can. So, With that Said, I'm open to your criticism., and please, if you want me to do something to help, just ask. I want this to go over smoothly.

Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Hello,%20Good%20Sir
Image added for to Lighten Mood Since I am no longer Raged.

Last edited by Matt O'Brien on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mattspagebrigantine
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:38 pm

Drama aside, I don't like how Olden's story just continues from past events. I believe someone told me this idea Ruta or someone thought up of, where the story would skip several years ahead, be it 5 or one hundred years, except instead of it being steampunk and whatnot, magic was once again popular, and guns were altogether removed.

It's just a thought, don't get me wrong, but I'd like to see what it would be like to have a fresh start, but still be allowed to reference old characters.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:41 pm

I think Matt put it pretty well.

From my perspective, Olden had a lot of problems. Its people, and its admins. Ruta, you stood out above the rest because you were one of the community's leaders. As a leader, all eyes were upon you; you had the responsibility of setting an example for everyone below you, from admins to normal players. Yet you were doing the same questionable things that so many other people were supposedly doing.

Aside from that, I get the feeling there was a lot of pent-up anger in "Old Olden", that exploded those months before its collapse. From what I saw, Olden didn't really seem to have that many problems by the time people started complaining excessively about them. The complaining and anger was really what caused the community to fall apart, in my mind, not so much the problems themselves.

I'll give my support if I have a concrete reason to believe things are going to be better this time around. Not perfect, but better. I'd also request that Rutabaga* resign as a Head Admin and relinquish whatever power he has within the community. That means no more Guard Captain Thorn, no more admin, no nothing. Until that happens, don't expect much from me.

*It's actually spelled "Rutabaga", with an 'a'. The Grammar Kaiser strikes again!

Psycheandromida wrote:
Drama aside, I don't like how Olden's story just continues from past events. I believe someone told me this idea Ruta or someone thought up of, where the story would skip several years ahead, be it 5 or one hundred years, except instead of it being steampunk and whatnot, magic was once again popular, and guns were altogether removed.

It's just a thought, don't get me wrong, but I'd like to see what it would be like to have a fresh start, but still be allowed to reference old characters.

It's illogical to skip ahead but have the amount of technology reduced. If you really want a restart, I say jump backwards or start anew. If we started completely over, we could still make allusions to past characters, though they wouldn't be exactly the same due to timeline and canon changes. Or we could remake our old ones, but that kind of defeats the purpose.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:40 pm

Munroe wrote:

Psycheandromida wrote:

It's illogical to skip ahead but have the amount of technology reduced. If you really want a restart, I say jump backwards or start anew. If we started completely over, we could still make allusions to past characters, though they wouldn't be exactly the same due to timeline and canon changes. Or we could remake our old ones, but that kind of defeats the purpose.

It's not illogical with Olden's lore. Say Occitanian and Dwarven economy plummeted, greatly reducing the production of guns, and then majority of Talibar's population takes a sudden disliking to firearms, preferring magic and swords instead for their own reasons. Keep in mind even in current Oldenland, guns are already expensive, alien, rare, dishonorable and hard to use in Talibar. If I lived in Talibar I wouldn't want them in the culture.

I'm only suggesting removing guns because they seem to have cause so many arguments and problems already, or so it seems. They never really did fit in, anyways.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:17 pm

I don't want guns in any more than you do. My point is that jumping back or starting over would be a less messy way of removing them. But your idea isn't bad either.
Back to top Go down
Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:44 am

Psyche, No offence. I kind of Agree with Munroe on this, A flashback would make a lot more sense because in this case we could actually remove any lore we deemed unnecessary or useless. It helps, in more logical ways than not both ICly and OOCly.
Back to top Go down
Steveman12

Steveman12

Character sheet
Name: Bael Prosith
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:52 am

As long as we agree to drop all guns, or atleast most of the guns, i will support the revival of olden.
Back to top Go down
Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:00 am

The only gun I would accept to be used is like a 12 pound Musket that takes 15 Minutes to reload, and fires a large inaccurate ball, and the barrel wouldn't be rifled. It would almost never hit anyone, and only really use blunt force when it did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post here to show support of revival of olden   Post here to show support of revival of olden - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post here to show support of revival of olden
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next