Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Naria's Light Form.

Go down 
+2
TRUlyjuST
kamaitama
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

Naria's Light Form. Empty
PostSubject: Naria's Light Form.   Naria's Light Form. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:35 pm

Naria Ordal is a regular human, something entirely bizarre for this universe. She has no true fighting skill, no weapons except her dead brother's rusty dagger, which she chooses not to ever use, and wears no armor. Her biggest attribute would be her cuteness, given that she spends much time taking care of herself, instead of fighting. Naria largely believes on world peace, and on talking things through

This is actually so absolutely weird, most folk consider normal people to just be something innatural, and it is. Naria wasn't born through regular means, she was created by magic, by a mage looking on how to make the world a better place. He first created a warrior, who would be Naiken, Naria's brother, who was created to be extremely courageous, with an extreme will to fight, and most importantly, with unbreakable bones.

Sadly, he died horribly during the Prophet's siege on Surna, leaving Naria alone on her own. After that, she met Zaku Daikun, who she stayed with. Albeit, with the bitter taste of her brother's death, she started to consider to learn self defence, from which she got a few books on the subject, and a tree to practice on. While her punches were terribly weak, and actually hurt her, and she couldn't handle a weapon without stabbing someone's eye out, she found a particular fondness for kicks, which she managed to do pretty well.

Her skill with kicks became pretty good, being able to throw 3 at one time, jumping, and the like. She eventually even managed to kick her practice tree down. Sadly, with her underneath. She tried to run away from a certain death, but slipped and fell to the floor, as the tree plummeted to her. She closed her eyes.

Fortunately though, her wise creator decided to add some sort of fail safe system in case someone tried to kill her if her negotiating attempts failed. Her body turned into blinding, magical light, the tree couldn't touch her anymore, nor she could touch the tree. She simply stood there beside the fallen tree, meditating. Was she dead? Was she alive? Was this a metaphore send by the gods of why fighting makes both sides lose?

She returned to her human form after a few seconds, unconciously, she then walked to the tavern, thinking that maybe this would be easier to take over a glass of milk, but clumsily fell on the fire of the chimney. As she expected, she turned into light, but bizarrely, not any kind of light, she turned into fire. The effect again ran off after a few seconds, and she stood unharmed. Without having anything better to say at the moment, she just muttered "Kinky..".

HOW IT WORKS:

Naria, being a magically created human, is actually made of magic, unnoticeable unless prompted so. When prompted, she'll simply turn into what she actually is, magical energy, manifestated as light. Fire, being also a type of energy, and a light emitter, becomes the second best choice for light to be manifested as. Her emissions also create lots of oxygen, a vital life component, which is burned by fire, allowing the fire to surround her whole body, and allowing her to keep burning.

PROS:

-The form actually allows some sort of temporal invincibility, giving her the same properties than light.
-While normally not able to use this offensively, touching fire will result in her absorbing the properties of fire, and actually becoming fire.
-Makes her an illuminating beacon, allowing her to actually light up a place.
-The huge amount of magical energy she posesses means she is an almost constant source of magic power to be absorbed.
-She's still allowed to talk and move while on this mode, no specific boost to either of these though

CONS:

-There's almost no offensive use to the skill. She can't touch anything while she is on her light form, and even as fire, she can't grab a weapon, throw a punch, or anything remotely like that.
-She can't choose what and what not to go through. While this means she'll be safe from all weapons that don't completely cover her, she can't go through walls, fully through something bigger than her, or anything like that.
-She can't do a partial transformation, of any kind.
-She can't actually turn into the fire form without having fire nearby.
-She can't pull off staying on that form for any longer than a minute. Staying on that form means her whole body becomes volatile, and if she stays too long, she won't be able to turn back into a human.
-There's a cool off period when using the ability, during which she's weak due to the escaped energy that was emitted during transformation, and while transformed. This cooloff is approximately twice the time she spent transformed.
-Can't be truly turned on and off at will. It is a failsafe, so she can't become her light form whenever she wants, if no life threatening danger is around. While she's able sometimes to turn it on when there is a decent threat around, turning it off can't be done conciously. The effect runs out at random, or simply when there is no longer a big threat around.
-The supreme amount of energy she emits can be used by any enemy to refill, and since she has a very big amount of it, it means free magic energy for the bad guys.

USES:

-Run off a not called for fight.
-Attempt to stop an angered enemy by talking to it while invincible.
-Saving her life off cheap shots.
-Pretend to be a fairy.
-Lighten up dark places.

Yeah, so it's a pretty new char, who doesn't really wanna fight, but doesn't want to be completely obliterated by the ungodly characters around. So I decided maybe a power which allows her to run away unharmed while not being useless would be best.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Naria's Light Form.   Naria's Light Form. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 5:57 am

When I first saw the title, I was thinking... "Great... some noob wanting some super special mega power"... You proved that wrong. Nice app, I may accept, but lets wait on the other's opinions.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Naria's Light Form.   Naria's Light Form. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 1:11 pm

Approved in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Stephen

Character sheet
Name:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Naria's Light Form.   Naria's Light Form. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:21 pm

rawr

(Which is my language for. Accept woot)
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Naria's Light Form.   Naria's Light Form. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 6:18 am

TRUlyjuST wrote:
When I first saw the title, I was thinking... "Great... some noob wanting some super special mega power"... You proved that wrong. Nice app, I may accept, but lets wait on the other's opinions.

Woot!

How many more opinions do I need to get?
Back to top Go down
Robert Neville

Robert Neville

Character sheet
Name: Ruarc
Race: Irish

PostSubject: Re: Naria's Light Form.   Naria's Light Form. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 7:39 am

You need a head to give the final "Go for it" I think, the rest of us are here to...help? I guess.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Naria's Light Form.   Naria's Light Form. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 6:30 pm

Robert Neville wrote:
You need a head to give the final "Go for it" I think, the rest of us are here to...help? I guess.

Oh, alright.

Bump then.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Naria's Light Form.   Naria's Light Form. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 7:15 pm

Shoo. Go play with your light form.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naria's Light Form.   Naria's Light Form. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naria's Light Form.
Page 1 of 1