Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Light Spam all over the map

Go down 
+4
Rutabega
Gambit
Dama Oscura
Phry
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

Light Spam all over the map Empty
PostSubject: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 1:58 pm

Can we not do it.

We do NOT need six lights.

Maybe like one or two in the Inn, but fuck, six lights?

I get nine FPS.

NINE.

: |||||||||||||||||||||||||
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 2:06 pm

get a bettar computar lol
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 2:12 pm

no offence but this script + 6 lights is enough to kill any fairly low end computer.

Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 2:40 pm

Phry wrote:
no offence but this script + 6 lights is enough to kill any fairly low end computer.

trust me, the script doesn't do more calculations than the windows shell.

but either way, stop blaming shit on other people when you should probably not be using a non gaming computer which probably has too little RAM to even run a game like gmod. don't blame it on me for making the script, don't blame it on people for making a meager 6 lights ( which due to the fact that there is depth buffer magic applied to it, shouldn't lag you that much if you're using a multicore system ), and blame it on yourself. if you're using low end hardware it doesn't mean the rest of us do, and should therefore stop enjoying stuff the same way just because you can't.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 2:46 pm

Mine runs fine. If mine runs fine, get a better computer.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Well okay, so why is it that i've never had 8 fps on the old script and now have that on the new script.

And why the hell does servers like TnB run at like 20-30 fps.

Quote :
non gaming computer which probably has too little RAM to even run a game like gmod.

If it can run Metro 2033 it can run gmod.

I didn't intend for this thread to take the turn of taking stabs at the script, but as even you just said Dama, lights don't apparently make any difference, so it must still be the script.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 3:30 pm

Metro 2033 is not an open sandbox.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 3:31 pm

Quote :
better computer

I think you're the only person that gets really bad frame rate from anything under a dozen lights.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 3:37 pm

Phry wrote:
Well okay, so why is it that i've never had 8 fps on the old script and now have that on the new script.

Quote :
non gaming computer which probably has too little RAM to even run a game like gmod.

If it can run Metro 2033 it can run gmod.

I didn't intend for this thread to take the turn of taking stabs at the script, but as even you just said Dama, lights don't apparently make any difference, so it must still be the script.

Ready for it?

IT'S THE MAP. The map uses at least 1gb of RAM. My script uses 16mb of RAM. Do you lack exactly 16mb of ram? I mean, I've tested it, net_graph 3, I can take a screenshot or something so you can see bandwidth and RAM consumption. What annoys me isn't that you're blaming my script, it's that you're blaming it without basis because you're not a coder, you don't know what optimization is, you don't know what garbage collection is, usermessages, datastream, adequate networking, classes, metatables, entities, datatypes. You don't know shit, so you have no criteria.

Besides, if you're getting 20-30 FPS on ANY map your computer is heavily outdated, so, turn the settings down.

Metro 2033 is on an entirely different engine and you probably don't run it maxed out, so, there's that.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 3:47 pm

Pear gets about the same fps as me, and he's the only other person i've seen on the server, hmm, let's see- ever.

All i know, dama, is that the old script never had this problem, and it ran the exact same map.

Last edited by Phry on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 3:47 pm

Phry wrote:
Pear gets about the same FPS as me, and he's the only other person i've seen on the server, hmm, let's see- ever.

All i know, dama, is that the old script never had this problem, and it ran the exact same map.

The script doesn't benefit idiots.

Post your specs.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:04 pm

Upon the reccomendation of a friend, i checked what sorta settings i was running it at, and i left everything on maximum it seems, so i tuned that down and it improved the fps a bit. (derp derp derp)

(That was cuz i think i forgot to change it back after tthe sam and max posing.)

However i'm still having choppy movement, is there something i can do to fix that?

also, dama, chill babe <3

e:

Also light spam looks fucking awful and goes through walls which is another reason why we shouldn't do it.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:44 pm

Choppy movement is due to the camera, not a computer problem.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Choppy movement is usually because of cl_cmdrate being set too low. Crank it up to 70.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 5:29 pm

You could just use the color stool to hide the lights, duh. Set alpha to 0 and hey presto, you get invisible lights.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 3:51 am

Quote :

If memory serves, a PC has no problem with calculating the RP equivalent of watching your parents on the job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:17 pm

Last edited by VioletSerpent on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:26 pm

TnB also sucks cocks
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Race: ---

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Don't hate 'cause TnB is more successful then any of your communities. ;3
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 5:07 pm

Zaku350 wrote:

Popularity != Success != Quality.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 5:39 pm

Zaku350 wrote:

They're communists.

Fuck communists
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Last edited by VioletSerpent on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:24 am

Dama Oscura wrote:
Popularity != Success != Quality.

This.

Gambot wrote:
TnB also sucks cocks

This.

Gambot wrote:
They're communists.

Fuck communists

And this.

Zoko wrote:
I hate TnB 'cause is it's a fucking concentration camp of no RP, elitism, and admin cocksuck = progression.

You are quite right sir.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:44 am

Quote :
Namely Dave being a huge dirtbag and RP'ing a big breasted.. You know what, who only selectively roleplays with people, screws everything up and bans people if he doesn't like them.

Does this ring a bell to anyone else
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:12 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Light Spam all over the map   Light Spam all over the map Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Light Spam all over the map
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next