Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Change of vista

Go down 
+12
Rutabega
Gambit
Scalene
Psycheandromida
Kain
Zaku350
Phry
Col Awesome
B3SERK
thorogoodd
Graley
Markka
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rutabega
Rutabega

Change of vista - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of vista   Change of vista - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 6:36 pm

I say like, rip the forest village map, which has the largest wooded area and somehow attach it to lakeland.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Change of vista   Change of vista - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 7:10 pm

Rutabega wrote:
I say like, rip the forest village map, which has the largest wooded area and somehow attach it to lakeland.

Yes we'll deal with the lag fest later. NO ISSUES AT ALLL HUA HUA
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Change of vista   Change of vista - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:06 pm

Or we could just stick with mountain village as it's pro's far outweigh Lakeland's cons.

Mountainvillage:
-Huge, awesome forest.
-Has a small amount of water, which is all that's needed, really.
-Lumbermill.
-Perfectly suitable castle.
-Sewers.
-The city isn't /too/ large.
-The houses are spacious and nice.
-Inn isn't too large.
-Most of the playerbase know the map.
-Night and day variants.

Lakeland:
-Half the map is retardedly filled with water that would only really benefit one or two characters.
-The forest is laughable, and no one ever visits it.
-The map really isn't known.
-The rooms are pretty much all cramped.
-The city part of the map is too big, in the sense that that castle behind spawn is never used.
-Those little islands out at lake are accessible only by one or two characters.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Change of vista   Change of vista - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:44 pm

Phry wrote:

That's why I got a boat.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Change of vista   Change of vista - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Race: ---

PostSubject: Re: Change of vista   Change of vista - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:34 pm

Also, take into account -

A larger forest, means more lag - is this something we can manage?- Some aren't as lucky as others with what they're forced to play with, - Perhaps, instead of debating which map better suits RP - we should take into account what map is better to play on, easier, and more accessible. And look at the issue further.

Though, I think it's an issue between Lakeland vs. Mountain, for forestvillage is much too outdated, and it quite honestly reminds me of a time I'd rather forget, for the most part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change of vista   Change of vista - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:36 pm

I think a fair enough solution would be to switch between maps every-so-often. Each map has it's own special qualities. Mountainvillage is in general, pretty, and has lots of forest. Forestvillage has lots of space to build for events and such, and has no static buildings. And Lakeland has lots of water, a quality possessed by neither of the other maps, and could be used for fun events.
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Change of vista   Change of vista - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:49 pm

I, prefer Lakeland, honestly.

Perhaps a vote is needed for the standard - and then, people can request it to be changed when needed.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Change of vista   Change of vista - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 4:51 pm

Gotta agree with Zaku, Lakeland's buildings and towns far surpass mountain, who's only good building is the Inn, though Lake's inn surpasses it regardless. Seems like it makes more sense, seeing as how a good 90% of rp happens in the towns.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Change of vista   Change of vista - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 5:46 pm

tl;dr: complete more buildings in mountainvillage, problem solved, and probably develop some more of the forest.

eh, I say that, but I can't map edit yet. It's not one of my large set of server-servicing skills... yet.
Back to top Go down
Phear
Angry Veteran
Phear

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Change of vista   Change of vista - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:32 am

Upon Ruta's suggestion, I'm posting to tell all of you to suck it. Lakeland is awesome. And I'm far too tired to explain why.
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Change of vista   Change of vista - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:27 am

I hate to sound, uh, - well, I don't really know how to put it.

But that's not the best way to please a community, perhaps sticking to Lakeland now, will work- but in the future, this issue is going to arise, again, and again. Until we come up with a solution that pleases the whole community. :X
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Change of vista   Change of vista - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 5:24 am

Quote :
A larger forest, means more lag - is this something we can manage?

Not really. It's static entities that are loaded upon server entry, and if the map's compiled correctly, it's not going to contribute much more to lag than maybe 0.2 %. Often times when people look out into the forested areas of both Mountainvillage and Forestvillage it's due to the lack of models that the errors lag them. Or it's just someone setting fire to a mass amount of props.

Or Lisa's damned floating house.

But in the debate of Mountain vs Lakeland, I can't say much, since I haven't played Lakeland.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Change of vista   Change of vista - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:45 pm

I'm hoping the final solution will be Osks latest map that's in the works, but until then we do infact need to find some sorta solution.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Change of vista   Change of vista - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:31 pm

Well. We've used Mountainvillage so far, and are using it currently so why not just stick with it until Osktutin gets his next one out? After all, it's just a map, so what difference does it make?
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Change of vista   Change of vista - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 6:14 pm

Check lakeland, see what you think of it.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Change of vista   Change of vista - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:21 am

Doublepost ftw.

I'd also like to point out how since mountainvillage has been used, the server's had considerably less people on it over all.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Change of vista   Change of vista - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 5:35 am

Quote :
I'd also like to point out how since mountainvillage has been used, the server's had considerably less people on it over all.

I haven't been on in a while, and I was heading on last night, but I couldn't, because whenever I tried to join the server gave me a "Steam account in use" error.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change of vista   Change of vista - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:42 am

Rutabega wrote:
Doublepost ftw.

Then why don't you get on the server?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change of vista   Change of vista - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Change of vista
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2