Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ice Based Abilities

Go down 
+4
Markka
Reanimated
B3SERK
Mr.Clean
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Clean

Character sheet
Name: Korimaru Ramuda
Race: Human

Ice Based Abilities Empty
PostSubject: Ice Based Abilities   Ice Based Abilities Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:33 pm

Character:

Korimaru Ramuda

WHAT you are applying said character for:

Ice based magic

What the applicating abilities can do:

Cold Resistance

Due to Korimaru's near death experience (see bio), he was able to make himself entirely unaffected by natural cold and resistant freezing skills or magic. However, Korimaru still has human skin and bones, meaning that although the cold in magic may not effect him, they can still pierce his skin example: sharp ice. (this skill is passive)

Cold Aura

Due to Korimaru's life of being exposed to cold and being a natural at magic, when other characters come within 3 feet of him, their body temperature will reduce by 3%.

Novice Freeze Touch

Korimaru has figured out how to reduce the temperature of his hands to 0 degrees Celsius after being taught basic magic by his elders. However, he has not yet learned how to transfer the cold energy onto other objects so placing his hand on an object while using this skill would be like placing a block of ice.

Note: Novice abilities will slightly develop every few months or so as my character develops (these will be requested in the future).

Where they are going to learn, or have learned said abilities:

Freeze touch was acquired though an experiment he conducted while being taught how to use magic and the other two where obtained though an attempt to save his own life.

SteamID:

coreymrclean

Why you think you should have these abilities:

This can make for some interesting rp moments when other characters will feel uneasy when talking to me.

Last edited by Mr.Clean on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:09 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Ice Based Abilities   Ice Based Abilities Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 2:38 pm

This seems very....... mmorpgish.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Clean

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ice Based Abilities   Ice Based Abilities Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 4:58 pm

I suppose the names sound rather "mmorpgish" but I still feel that these abilities will make for good rp.
Back to top Go down
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Ice Based Abilities   Ice Based Abilities Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 5:44 pm

Do we have to roll a d20 to see if we get frost damage from his Novice Cold Aura?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Clean

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ice Based Abilities   Ice Based Abilities Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 5:57 pm

Removed the "novice" from cold aura, don't know why I would need to improve it. Its not realy a damaging ability, just a small change that the other characters can feel to add to the rp.

Also removed numbing touch. I'll request that skill a few mounths from now when I feel that my character would have developed to the point where he could use it.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

PostSubject: Re: Ice Based Abilities   Ice Based Abilities Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:50 pm

37'C - 3% (= 1.11) = 35.89'C

Anyhow, eh. I'm sorta iffy about this. I haven't thoroughly read the characters' thread to understand (and one wouldn't need to do so, as the application would need to be clear enough) where and how the character will learn these abilities. I would say that a kid that's sixteen years old wouldn't just spontaneously think that "Hey, I'mma try controllin' dis here magic and see what happens" and expect to get positive results.

Secondly, cold resistance =! cold immunity. How could a kid that young be *immune* to cold anyhow? Does it apply to all cold, such as natural and magic? How about, say, if he was struck by a bolt of freezing energy (Frost/Ice Bolt for short)? Would be just grin sheepishly and shrug it off like it was just a dab of snow on his shoulder?

Thirdly, the cold aura. Why and how would a sixteen year old kid have a cold aura?

The numbing touch, that I can accept as one of my characters has a similiar ability, however much more extreme which she learned after being taught a little by a rather powerful necromancer.

I might have missed something, but I wouldn't throw an accept just yet, at least before the points have been thoroughly answered and the character analyzed. The MMORPG-ishness, I'm not entirely sure how it bothers some. You do realize that most MMORPGs have used good, working ideas for their abilities and spells and it is not like he was copying them directly to word from any MMORPG I know of. They are rather vague, save the Cold Aura's 3% reduction in body heat. I don't see why it's wrong to lend good ideas and get inspiration from various other games, as long as there is a dab of originality, if the ability has enough room to allow it.

Oh, and Mr. Clean, work on the outlook of your apps. Take a look at other applications and see how you could make yours more fluent to read and generally more appealing to the eye.

/ramble, if it made any sense anyhow
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Ice Based Abilities   Ice Based Abilities Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 10:25 pm

37 degrees Celsius = 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit

0 degrees Celsius = 32 degrees Fahrenheit

Just saying.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Ice Based Abilities   Ice Based Abilities Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:00 am

I love it when the community does my work for me.

Refer to Markka's post, Mr. Clean. He got down most of what needed to be said.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Clean

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ice Based Abilities   Ice Based Abilities Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 2:49 pm

Changed my character bio to give a reason to have these skills and explained them more thoroughly. Thanks for the info, it was a great help Smile
Also, I assure you that none of these skills are from any mmo that I have heard of...
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

PostSubject: Re: Ice Based Abilities   Ice Based Abilities Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 4:05 pm

I still want to know if the cold resistance makes him immune to _all_ coldness. Will coldness induced by ice magic, such as a Frost Bolt, affect him? That's all I really want to know anymore at this point.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Clean

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ice Based Abilities   Ice Based Abilities Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 4:23 pm

The cooling effects of all magic (including frost bolt) does not effect him but the impact will. If this is over powered, let me know and I'll nerf it.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Ice Based Abilities   Ice Based Abilities Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 4:51 pm

I like this bio a lot and can accept it, but I think a complete immunity to cold is a bit much, so I'd recommend nerfing it a bit, and this will easily be accepted.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ice Based Abilities   Ice Based Abilities Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:11 pm

Exactly as Psyche said. You'll want to nerf the immunity to resistance, not immunity. Immunity is only something you get when you're blessed by the Diety of said element, or you are somehow composed of that element (and even then, it depends on the degree of composition. Elementals would be immune, but not necessarily all Genasi.) In your case, if your character was blessed by Glacios, he'd be immune, but he is not.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Clean

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ice Based Abilities   Ice Based Abilities Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:13 pm

Changed it to immune to cold weather and only resistant to magic so he will be effected by it, just not as much as a regular human. Ice magic that would normally kill a person would only wound him.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Ice Based Abilities   Ice Based Abilities Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Now I can accept. Any other opinions?
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Ice Based Abilities   Ice Based Abilities Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 6:47 pm

Go for it, consider this an accept to your char page as well.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ice Based Abilities   Ice Based Abilities Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:41 pm

Yep yep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ice Based Abilities   Ice Based Abilities Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ice Based Abilities
Page 1 of 1