Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quest Overload(?)

Go down 
+7
Markka
Mack
Rutabega
Gambit
Krug
Psycheandromida
Munroe
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:36 pm

A few others and I are a bit concerned that quests, and the overall plot, are severely backed up. I created this thread to assess the situation, but also to get others' opinions on a course of action.

So, what quests are currently being run, what quests need to be run, and when can they be run (if at all)?
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:37 pm

I think the admins need to drop most, if not all, of the quests. The move is over two months late already.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 12:19 am

It does seem like the plot... disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:20 am

Wait we had something going down?
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Rutabega
Rutabega

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:53 am

Morelike inactivity overload. For all of you that don't know, our dear Pat has got himself into his first relationship, thus the inactivity.

*Sniff* They grow up so fast.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:55 am

actually it's mostly because of quests not being done, otherwise i'd run the fucking event myself.

i am extremely disappointed in some people, who know there's a major event going down soon and they're still creating new quests that are utterly useless and serve no other purpose than to hold the plot bac even further.

you know who you are.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:32 am

My quest can be ran really anytime, almost anywhere. It's flexible enough. The major cause for the delay would likely be Pat, as always.

Last edited by Markka on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:49 am

Mack wrote:
actually it's mostly because of quests not being done, otherwise i'd run the fucking event myself.

i am extremely disappointed in some people, who know there's a major event going down soon and they're still creating new quests that are utterly useless and serve no other purpose than to hold the plot bac even further.

you know who you are.

If you'd actually read that page it does state that any of those mini things would just be in the event that all the people that signed up happened to be around and feeling like some event-style stuff and could be scraped at any time.

Besides, Pat ain't the only one with stuff going on with his life. Not to mention that map we're planning on using hasn't been finished yet which is still an issue as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:49 am

Rutabega wrote:

If you'd actually read that page it does state that any of those mini things would just be in the event that all the people that signed up happened to be around and feeling like some event-style stuff and could be scraped at any time.

Besides, Pat ain't the only one with stuff going on with his life. Not to mention that map we're planning on using hasn't been finished yet which is still an issue as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think he's referring to you Ruta.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 8:26 am

Quote :
Not to mention that map we're planning on using hasn't been finished yet which is still an issue as far as I'm concerned.

This stands out for me.

I know they're busy, but it is an obstacle.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 10:39 am

Rutabega wrote:

the fuck you on about.

Rutabega wrote:
Besides, Pat ain't the only one with stuff going on with his life.

i'm the only other person that NEEDS to be on, and i'm available.

Rutabega wrote:
Not to mention that map we're planning on using hasn't been finished yet which is still an issue as far as I'm concerned

i've already told you this isn't a problem. stop being such a phry, you don't automatically know everything about everything.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 12:13 pm

Sounds like it's time for a change in management. I don't blame people for having more important things to do, it's actually something that should be encouraged. But a community can't be run if its leaders are all off doing other stuff. It's killing us, just look around. If we want to keep RPing in Olden as a hobby, and not lose it altogether, we need people willing to put in the time and effort to keep it going.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:06 pm

Mack wrote:

Rutabega wrote:
Not to mention that map we're planning on using hasn't been finished yet which is still an issue as far as I'm concerned

i've already told you this isn't a problem. stop being such a phry, you don't automatically know everything about everything.

Until I hear more about this 'magical plan' of yours, it's still a problem as far as I'm concerned. Besides, I can only know as much as people will tell me, and you refused to fill me in when I directly asked about it.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:31 pm

Quote :
Until I hear more about this 'magical plan' of yours, it's still a problem as far as I'm concerned. Besides, I can only know as much as people will tell me, and you refused to fill me in when I directly asked about it.

dont be mad because you only get as much info as all other non-moderators
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:35 pm

Munroe wrote:
Sounds like it's time for a change in management. I don't blame people for having more important things to do, it's actually something that should be encouraged. But a community can't be run if its leaders are all off doing other stuff. It's killing us, just look around. If we want to keep RPing in Olden as a hobby, and not lose it altogether, we need people willing to put in the time and effort to keep it going.

It worked before, and it worked well. I second this motion.

We can't be relying on those who aren't here to be relied on.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:50 pm

I don't get why we're being angry with one another, we all want the same things and we'll all get them in due time.

These matters have been discussed by the team, and are being dealt with.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:03 pm

Mack wrote:
Quote :

dont be mad because you only get as much info as all other non-moderators

I've been more involved with the next plot than any of you moderators, I'm pretty sure that entitles me to being filled in.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:34 pm

First, as Ruta said, any quests that exist at the moment save for the ones in 'Defiance' are purely for entertainment purposes. They are meant to fill the time if people feel like it, and are NOT needed to begin the Siege.

Second, I recently held a couple of discussions with every moderator I could grab, which was everyone with the exception of Mack. We voted on a number of things, and the preliminary decision was to finish the last quest in Defiance (Occitanian Pride; Ruta's quest, 'Motile Mine', was finished sometime last week) before moving on with the quest. We also decided that we could move forward with a transition map if Omap was not done with his map in time.

Third, what Ruta says is true; along with a number of real life social and academic concerns (graduation preparation, credit recovery, tentative job searches) the beginnings of an intimate relationship have pulled my attention almost completely from Olden. I apologize for this as much as I can, as I realize that even before this I brought about excessive delays with practically negligent absences.

Long ago, when I 'officially' took 'leadership' of the community, making efforts to revive Olden, I swore to myself that I wouldn't be like Geo and other administrators, fighting tooth and nail to retain power despite the community's view of them. Though I deeply enjoy my position, I am willing to step down if you believe that I am no longer suitable in my capacity. If the community wills it, I would step down, and act only in the capacity that it decides for me.

That said, I still have some suggestions, which I would make to whoever would take my place, or, if you see it fit that I should stay, I would carry out myself.

Suspend the 'Defiance' quest, and retcon the quest that hasn't been finished. Set an absolute date for the Siege (I suggest the weekend after Good Friday, about two weeks from now), and stick to this date, doing everything that must be done within that time period. Find a suitable transition map, of which many have been suggested, and use this in lieu of Omap's.

Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 8:05 pm

Personally, I don't think we should be going for a leadership change. Things are already hectic enough as they are right now, and shoving this on top of it would only make it worse.

I can see the possibility of trying to progress things without Pat, but honestly, I think he's the only one fit to lead the community presently. He knows all the lore, and created most of Aeria as we know it. That, and we don't have a suitable replacement for him. I don't mean to be offensive to anyone here, but I don't think any of us are suitable for taking the job right now.

And that's out of the people left, the population's been dwindling for various reasons, we need to pull in more meat and reach some stability at the end of the Occitan plot.

Personally, I feel we should cross the bridge that's Occitan, and then worry about everything else.

I'll try and get in contact with the people concerned in the Pride quest and see if it can be worked out on any particular date.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 8:12 pm

frankly i just wanna be able to play on the server.

like, to be brutally honest, I actually don't care who's running what, as long as the server gets populated.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 10:42 pm

Quote :
(Occitanian Pride; Ruta's quest, 'Motile Mine', was finished sometime last week)

see, i have NO idea about these quests. i wasnt informed ANY of them was done, even though several people knew i was waiting on them for the plot.

just fuck it. i give up, someone else take the plot. i'm too lazy.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 10:57 pm

We had a plot?
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 3:50 am

Gambit, out of everyone active on the forums you continue to be the most ignorant of things going on and by now it almost seems like you're doing it just to be an ass. It's not needed.

Also, in relation to everything above I think Xel got it pretty well down there. Though I think if someone is temporary unable to participate due to life problems that doesn't warrant full removal, maybe just working through the others. I myself think that the problem in Olden right now is communication, nobody seems to know what's going on with everybody else when it comes to important administrative and plot related issues, which is something that needs to be fixed right away.

Quote :
frankly i just wanna be able to play on the server.

In regards to that, if you ask me is nobody's fault but our own, we all share the blame on that one given that there's no -actual- reason for any of us not to join beyond our own reasons.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:03 am

How is it ignorant to ask a question, I didn't know we had a plot.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 1:12 pm

Gambit wrote:
How is it ignorant to ask a question, I didn't know we had a plot.

and people didnt believe me when i said that the plot and much of the related events were only open and obvious for people who were lucky enough to be there or were of enough importance to be fetched by someone else
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quest Overload(?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quest Overload(?)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next