Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quest Overload(?)

Go down 
+7
Markka
Mack
Rutabega
Gambit
Krug
Psycheandromida
Munroe
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rutabega
Rutabega

Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 5:11 pm

Mack wrote:
Gambit wrote:
How is it ignorant to ask a question, I didn't know we had a plot.

and people didnt believe me when i said that the plot and much of the related events were only open and obvious for people who were lucky enough to be there or were of enough importance to be fetched by someone else

Because anyone who had spent -any- time on the server or looked at a few threads on the forum would see something about a siege.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:51 am

I'm not an oldener and even I knew of the planned seige and portal escape.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 3:56 pm

It wasn't supposed to be common knowledge. It was supposed to be a surprising plot twist. But in an amazing display of professionalism and restraint, the admin team revealed it to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:43 pm

No, it's the location and the events afterwards which are secret. It's supposed to be common knowledge that there's a siege and a move.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:18 pm

That's like saying, "I bought you a car for your birthday, but I won't tell you what kind."
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:48 pm

Exactly, not knowing what kind of car gets you excited in guessing. Obviously your first question when they say that is gonna be "What kind".
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:07 pm

It's entirely different and that was a terrible point Ruta.

You've not just moving locations, you're moving to an entirely new area with brings about new lore, new creatures, new possibilities, new characters and such.

Players had a right to know about the seige, how else could they otherwise put in place smaller roleplays to try to ensure their characters survival and hence passage through the portal(s)? If it hadn't been announced it would be a case of "Everyone not online on X, sorry you're all dead."
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:11 pm

ViralHatred wrote:
Players had a right to know about the seige, how else could they otherwise put in place smaller roleplays to try to ensure their characters survival and hence passage through the portal(s)? If it hadn't been announced it would be a case of "Everyone not online on X, sorry you're all dead."

I think our admins are a little nicer than that, Viral. Besides, life is full of surprises, not all of them fair. I like how metagaming suddenly became a "right" of the players instead of a rule violation. It's not good RP.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:26 pm

Munroe wrote:
I think our admins are a little nicer than that, Viral. Besides, life is full of surprises, not all of them fair. I like how metagaming suddenly became a "right" of the players instead of a rule violation. It's not good RP.

If people didn't metagame they'd constantly QQ over the death of a character because "It could have been prevented if I had known you were going to do X event."
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:04 am

Players know about the siege and as far as I'm concerned, if you're in a town that's about to be sieged, not knowing about it would be pretty sad if not neigh impossible. That plus I make a point of bringing it up in conversation as much as possible when IC to spread awareness to those that happen to be blind deaf and dumb to anything beyond direct word of mouth character interaction.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:46 am

Do we have a server anymore? Maybe I've lost the IP because I was going to jump in one of these days and get back on to this.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 5:22 am

Server's down right now and Kain's hard to contact.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:04 am

When I try to log in using the password he gave me, it says the user/account has been suspended.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 pm

It's not like anyone uses it anyway...
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 4:24 pm

Pat wrote:
When I try to log in using the password he gave me, it says the user/account has been suspended.

I thought this problem was already gone over.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:57 pm

It was, and now it's back.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 11:27 pm

I can fund you guys an emergency refuge if need be, I know how to manage brohosters FTP and can mod our script to support your flags/items.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:16 am

Olden doesn't use items or flags, actually, so all we'd need is the map and the content pack uploaded onto that server.

I'd hope we can get our own server up and running by the time of the Siege, because we have atleast 5 adv dupes we've been waiting to use.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:52 am

As my post got fucked by the forum maintainence, I'll repost. Basically if you link me to all the stuff you use/need (Sweps, models, maps, the like) come the seige I'll throw up a blank script of sorts with all your content on if you still don't have a server by then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quest Overload(?)   Quest Overload(?) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quest Overload(?)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2