Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shelob Razel

Go down 
+13
Mikoel
PuPeT-KaI
Reager
thorogoodd
Markka
Krug
Zaku
TRUlyjuST
themodtester
Munroe
Rutabega
Kain
Phear
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

Shelob Razel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Phear wrote:
Would having Shelob be a special character mean I can't use her as much?

Yes. She would be reserved for events and such that Shelob should be a part of. Not general social interactions in a pub.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 6:56 pm

Phear wrote:
Would having Shelob be a special character mean I can't use her as much?

I don't know how much you plan on using her as it is, it seems she only ever appears to advance the goblin plot line.

And that's perfectly fine, because that's what a special character is supposed to do.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:30 pm

^

also, damn pear and his boobs
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:33 pm

I don't see any reason not to let Shelob be a normal character.

I still accept it under these conditions.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:38 pm

Driders don't actually have a natural lifespan, last I was aware of and were often considered immortal or so incredibly long lived that it wasn't worth putting a number on.

As for special character or not, that's hard to say. I mean it's the same idea with me making Suile. Main focus of each character at the moment is to advance the plotline, but I also want to rp on Suile a lot too, even after the plot is done (as I'm sure Pear wants to rp on Shelob as well) so I personally would keep this in the normal character section and maybe grab Pat for the magic stuff if enough people find it a problem.

I personally would accept this character, but I'll hold off for the moment for risk of spitting in the faces of people with standing issues.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:36 pm

Making her a special char mostly restricts her interaction with normal characters. It means she's not free to terrorize people she doesn't like for petty reasons, etc, or walk around town all day, doing nothing. If Shelob is around, it means she's trying to do something important, and she can only involve characters that directly involve themselves.

It also means anyone dumb enough to attack her gets what they deserve, as that would be direct involvement.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 5:14 pm

TRUlyjuST wrote:
...aren't we not supposed to bring back old characters?

:\
that was kinda one of the main points of the timeskip so
i'd like if we would -all- make new characters
like we were going to
but i guess not
thats ok
totally ok
Sad
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 5:35 pm

PuPeT-KaI wrote:
TRUlyjuST wrote:
...aren't we not supposed to bring back old characters?

:\
that was kinda one of the main points of the timeskip so
i'd like if we would -all- make new characters
like we were going to
but i guess not
thats ok
totally ok
Sad

I originally wanted to bring back Scars, but after some talking to people, it got me thinking that making a new character was generally for the better in every way. So I'm changing my parameters for acceptance. Unless Shelob is going to be killed off in this plot, or made unimportant to the point of being useless to even RP after this Goblin plot, I don't think I feel comfortable accepting it.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 6:01 pm

I still keep my accept in too.

At the end of the day we're in this community to play our chars and have a good time, and Shelob's proven to be integral to a lot of interesting story arcs / events.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 6:43 pm

I'm fine with special char because she'll just be a plot character. Rather, I would Pear play her more sparingly so the encounter with Shelob isn't such a commonplace thing. She is, after all, a master illusionist and, pretty much, the queen of the goblins.
Back to top Go down
Mikoel

Mikoel

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:41 pm

I'll throw in my accept, Shelob being a special character seems like the best choice over all.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:19 pm

I personally see her as a normal character. Or meant to be used as such.
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:26 pm

Rutabega wrote:
I personally see her as a normal character. Or meant to be used as such.
Second that.
Back to top Go down
Achosi

Achosi

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:06 pm

I agree. Normal seems fine.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:09 pm

Before this goes any further, I'd like to ask a question.

If Shelob isn't forced to become a special character, why was Scars?

Why was Scars, who, like Shelob, had;

A valid lore reason for surviving the 200 year skip;

A valid claim to being stronger due to the time passed;

Potential plot applications;

forced to become a special character or not exist at all?

This is nothing against Shelob or Pear, I just perceive some unfairness here. If Scars was considered unacceptable as a normal character, why is Shelob a normal character?

Last edited by Pat on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Pat wrote:

A valid lore reason for surviving the 200 skip;

This is nothing against Shelob or Pear, I just perceive some unfairness here. If Scars was considered unacceptable as a normal character, why is Shelob a normal character?

That's pretty much my reasoning for wanting her to be a special character.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:45 am

Munroe wrote:
Pat wrote:

A valid lore reason for surviving the 200 skip;

That's pretty much my reasoning for wanting her to be a special character.

I'd have to agree. There's no reason fer her to be a normal character. It's not like having a special character is bad in any way,either.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:52 am

Pat wrote:

A valid lore reason for surviving the 200 year skip;

Can I be the first to say that I truly feel that one is a perfectly well developed character with actual depth to them and the other is Scars.

Or am I just being too crude.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:57 am

Zaku wrote:
Can I be the first to say that I truly feel that one is a perfectly well developed character with actual depth to them and the other is Scars.

Or am I just being too crude.

And I must agree here. ^
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:03 am

I believe part of it was because Scars was a vampire which would mean that he'd be better at just about everything across the board. Shelob, on the other hand has her illusion magic but otherwise has no increased physical prowess or even any better combat ability. I'd also like to point out that in old olden she had -no- combat ability, so even a significant addition to that still keeps it towards the lower end.

For example some of the first rp Shelob was involved in in new olden involved getting shot then promptly dragged out of the fight. Not to mention that all her fights since then haven't gone much better. I can't say that sounds like special character material to me seeing as how even with this illusion magic I've yet to see Shelob actually win a single fight to date.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 2:04 pm

Illusion magic is still powerful, Ruta. Fear can kill, too. Shelob is probably powerful enough to literally scare most of the guard to death, if she so chooses.

Never underestimate a master of magic.

Another example: Mirage. She was a total novice. Now, she's a Lich, but the scary part isn't that she's become a Lich, but the amount of power and knowledge she would have gained from her longevity. She would not have improved "across the board," like Scars, but only in one area. Even with that focus in development, I'd take a vampire over a Lich, any day.

Once again, point is: do not underestimate a master of any form of magic.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Quote :
For example some of the first rp Shelob was involved in in new olden involved getting shot then promptly dragged out of the fight. Not to mention that all her fights since then haven't gone much better. I can't say that sounds like special character material to me seeing as how even with this illusion magic I've yet to see Shelob actually win a single fight to date.

This also isn't an argument to keep her from being a special character, it's just support to keep her from being denied altogether.
Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:56 pm

Spider tits? spider tits.
Back to top Go down
Phear
Angry Veteran
Phear

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:07 pm

Since everyone's panties seem to be in a wad about the word "master" in the OP, I'll go ahead and edit it down to, I dunno, "Expert", since it's below "Master" in Skyrim.

The point is, her magic loadout, that I typed up there, doesn't change. Stop arguing the point of her being a "master" without looking at the damn magic listing. I don't know what the hell even qualifies as "master" rank at this point, and as pointed out, I'm so damn afraid of powergaming, I take fucking hits, and rarely do any actual damage.

I'm not making her a special character. I want to ROLEPLAY, not have her be a nice asset in the lore once the goblin plot is over.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:13 pm

Phear wrote:
I'm not making her a special character. I want to ROLEPLAY, not have her be a nice asset in the lore once the goblin plot is over.

Basically what I assumed. Really this is the same sort of thing as my goblin's page, the issue of special or not is all up in the air and I myself think the deciding factor should be in how this character is meant to be roleplayed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shelob Razel   Shelob Razel - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shelob Razel
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next