Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Olden Content Pack

Go down 
+9
Dama Oscura
Zaku
Xeloras
Kain
ViralHatred
Krug
Psycheandromida
Cakebread
Dragon
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olden Content Pack   Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:41 pm

Again, I've always liked Tiramisu.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Olden Content Pack   Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:45 pm

hell I ain't gonna make a thread or nothing, if somebody asks for it I'll gladly provide you with my script. otherwise, shut up about it.

and in the case of you, ViralHatred, shut up about me. Grow up.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Olden Content Pack   Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:37 pm

Well, I thought it over, and Tira might be worth a try, but I wonder if the server can even handle it. There's a lot more going on in Tiramisu than in plain Cake (also true with the food items. Does anyone else get hungry while talking about these scripts?). A looooot more. I recall that kama has optimized it loads, but even so, with our server's present memory cap, I don't think we can even use the script.
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet
Name: Evangeline Melwasúl
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Olden Content Pack   Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:39 pm

Woah there, FNox calm down. To be honest, I think it's more of both of you, and I'm not going to say why, although it was my fault for turning this into an argument. Anyway, I say some of the heads of olden, maybe even the community should try FNox's test server before denying it. It's improved so much. Anything you dislike can be turned into feedback (not flaming, PLEASE). This script was made to be improved upon, and requests always help, but denying it never will.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Olden Content Pack   Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:39 pm

I run the server, I pay for the server and I don't even play as part of Olden.

I put on the mods they request and occasionally suggest things they can change or add.

Cakescript may be a memory hog, I've not said it isn't. But the amount of memory it uses doesn't change until players are on the server. And it doesn't start getting laggy until late evening.

Back when Tira was new you bitterly defended every statement or complaint levelled at Tiramisu, instead of saying "Okay, how could we improve this?" or "Well that's a nice idea but we've decided to do it this way." you chose to bitch and pick fights.

When the script broke, or you introduced something people didn't like you left it that way, you didn't revert back to a previous version or fix it.

Then when people started getting annoyed by this you simply argued at them.

Yes, Tira may be in a new version, it may be much better now. But that doesn't change how you acted or how the script was back then, and for that reason alone I would never use it. If olden were to vote and choose to use it I would perhaps put it on, or have them seek another host.

As of late I've had Tira users coming to me with such claims as "I heard you said there were exploits in tiramisu" and people such as Dragon (Mr. Giggles) telling me that "Tira is better than Cake."

I choose to use Cake because it is what I'm used to. It's simple, not overly pretty and does the job it needs to.

So please, instead of bringing this up every damn time, why don't you just grow up? I've moved past it, it's not my fault you people keep bringing it up.

Also requesting a moderator to sort this thread.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Olden Content Pack   Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:40 pm

Again, both of you need to calm down. I'm simply suggesting you give it a try before declining it again. All three of us are being immature one way or another though, but all of this complaining isn't going to help.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Olden Content Pack   Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Dragon wrote:
I say some of the heads of olden, maybe even the community should try FNox's test server before denying it

Aww, come on VH. The past is the past, the scripter is the scripter, and the script is the script.

We could at least trial it. Everyone's t-posed on Olden and it's grating. It really is just the most annoying thing that half the models are fucked up, and when you use the player versions you're invisible to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Olden Content Pack   Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:53 pm

Just use his test server when you're bored, as long as FNox doesn't mind. It's usually up and you can join, then screw around in the script. Nobody can complain to this. You get bored and you test it without needing to shift scripts, but you can still try it out.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Olden Content Pack   Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:08 pm

My counter argument to all that would be:

You weren't even in Olden back then.

And regarding the server? I can provide one, I have a VPS, it's free forever. I can set any slots, upload freely without restrictions and access it anywhere, even my cellphone through SSH.

What I see you're implying here is, because you pay for the server you call the shots, and therefore the final opinion regarding the script. That system hasn't worked us since, uh, ever? Do I have to remind people of NessTea, Matt, and everyone along those lines?

I find it entirely ironic that you claim I'm immature, that I bring this up always, when first, I came to this thread after 2 pages of Tiramisu bashing, and second, your primary argument against using Tiramisu is I made it. And not even that, you claim I don't listen to people's opinions. Have you listened to anybody that has complained about the horrible animations? Have you provided solutions? How about the random console spamming, the STools, rendering and CalcView crap that Cakescript breaks? How about fixing the totally avoidable networking issues? How about fixing the memory errors or the way resources spike exponentially on every player?

Fuck, I mean, that's really easy to claim, that I don't listen to people's suggestions, that I didn't do anything when I scripted for Aeria/Olden, that I shrugged off everyone and kept on going my way. But, have you even remotely tried to listen to just one suggestion in the past two months?
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Olden Content Pack   Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:45 pm

I'm not sure about these morrowind models. Any bethesda models usually have great designs but are very very very poorly made. These have some awesome designs as well but due to the quality aren't worth it. And this:

Olden Content Pack - Page 2 2n7i9w

The model on the left is the original I imported from gmod.org and you can tell those mysteriously black polygons shouldn't be there. Not to mention everything is poorly smoothed. I copied it, and optimzied it, so my version is on the right, which has been optimized. I applied textures to it as well.

Original polycount: 276
Polycount on the optimized one (right): 212

Considering this sword didn't have many polygons to begin with, all of those free-floating polygons are very bad, as well as how shitty the quality is on both the model and texture.

As a fun fact, I reduce the skyrim iron shield shown in the original picture from about 700 polygons to 400, so that's how bad bethesda is at optimizing. Detail was NOT lowered in doing so, it was just fixing poor topology and such.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Olden Content Pack   Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:49 pm

The morrowind models are pretty lightweight anyway since source can handle 40k polygons without having a bitchfit.

I was simply asking since I thought they might have some higher resolution textures that weren't ripped.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Olden Content Pack   Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Doubtful. This game is older than half-life 2, which at the time had graphics as amazing as BF3 does today, so this quality was amazing back then. I bet they have modders pulling a GTA though. With San Andreas, someone slapped on some awesome shaders and redid lots of the models/textures, making an HD pack. Cinematic mod did this for HL2 as well. Morrowind probably had something similar done, and if not oblivion has lots of mods which contain custom models and such.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Olden Content Pack   Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:55 pm

This thread is an absolute shitfest. Should I respond to the previous discussion or just clean out the argument posts?

Or I could make a separate discussion thread.
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Olden Content Pack   Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:55 pm

Just let them die out or something. If we keep bringing them up, this topic will derail very fast again.

EDIT: I googled for some morrowind HD mods and apparently they're everywhere out there, I just haven't found any specific. If anybody gets bored or something and decides to help look, feel free to post some links here. If they're model overhauls or anything, I can most likely port them to source. Morrowind models + better quality = amazing.
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

PostSubject: Re: Olden Content Pack   Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:25 pm

Okay, let Reager handle this buidness. I've tried out Tiramisu back when and then and it sucked butts. More presently, I tried it again. I didn't notice any bugs, the customization was brilliant, and I didn't even notice a blink of lag. If you don't wanna try it, hey that's your decision. But what harm will it do if we just tried it out, tested it and saw what it can do to help the server. If it turns out it's terrible, oh well, we go back to cakescript. If it seems bug free and chill, we can roll with it.
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Olden Content Pack   Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:33 pm

If a feature or something is disliked, it can be removed or fixed, and new ones could be added. I doubt the entire script would be hated, but I suppose that's not my problem.
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Olden Content Pack   Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:39 pm

Updated the main page with a bad image.
Back to top Go down
globox44t

PostSubject: Re: Olden Content Pack   Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 8:45 pm

scratch error 404
Back to top Go down
globox44t2

PostSubject: Re: Olden Content Pack   Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:07 pm

DAFUK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Olden Content Pack   Olden Content Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Olden Content Pack
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2