Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Drone, Short story I came up with

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

The Drone, Short story I came up with Empty
PostSubject: The Drone, Short story I came up with   The Drone, Short story I came up with Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:24 am

Quote :
Fly little bee, fly.
Fly high up in the skies, free as a bird.
Feel no pain, no sorrow, no love.
Sure you can fly,
But are you really free?
Mindless drone, imprisoned in your exoskeleton.
Not even death,
Can save your tiny soul.

It represents how insects have to live their lives.
Seriously, Imagine living with no emotions, forced to do what your brain has programmed you to do, until you die. You'd just be like some kind of robot.

Or maybe it represents something more deep, more dark. Slavery? Child Abuse?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Drone, Short story I came up with   The Drone, Short story I came up with Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:28 am

Well, as for insects. They don't know any better, so yeah. They're happy. They like the way they are, because they know no better. They can't think past that. Especially Bees. They're born to work for the queen, it's all they know.

So, they are happy, in a sense.

But, Child Abuse, and Slavery is a whole different story. But It's a nice little story, by the way. It's almost cute, in some eeriy way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Drone, Short story I came up with   The Drone, Short story I came up with Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:31 am

Zaku350 wrote:
Well, as for insects. They don't know any better, so yeah. They're happy. They like the way they are, because they know no better. They can't think past that. Especially Bees. They're born to work for the queen, it's all they know.

So, they are happy, in a sense.

But, Child Abuse, and Slavery is a whole different story. But It's a nice little story, by the way. It's almost cute, in some eeriy way.
It does have a meaning, though
I can't really figure it out..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Drone, Short story I came up with   The Drone, Short story I came up with Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:40 am

Somewhat haunting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Drone, Short story I came up with   The Drone, Short story I came up with Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:27 am

It's very well written.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Drone, Short story I came up with   The Drone, Short story I came up with Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:52 am

Certainly is haunting, it reminds me of one of those messages you pick up in a horror game that gives you insight into the mind of a now-mutated freakish monster who infact used to be a little girl...

Srry, just got off RE.
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

PostSubject: Re: The Drone, Short story I came up with   The Drone, Short story I came up with Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:22 pm

Quote :
Fly little bee, fly.
Fly high up in the skies, free as a bird.
Feel no pain, no sorrow, no love.
Sure you can fly,
But are you really free?
Mindless drone, imprisoned in your exoskeleton.
Not even death,
Can save your tiny soul.

But you experience happy.
Of godly proportions.
Are you really imprisoned?
Or just willing to be?
Encased in your exoskeleton you serve.
A cause, greater than you.
Live now, and live long.
And sip of thee-
Sweet nectar of happy.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Drone, Short story I came up with   The Drone, Short story I came up with Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:35 pm

I finally know what it means now
Desperately trying to fit in with other people, even abandoning who you really are, just to make friends that probably don't even really care about you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Drone, Short story I came up with   The Drone, Short story I came up with Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:14 am

Hmh? SInce when do bees try to fit in? They are born, raised, and destined to serve their mother. The queen.

They don't know of anything else. And they're happy in their little existance.

It's like people with mental illnesses that live in their own little world. You shouldn't feel sorry for them. Because they only know their little corner, and they have painted it in a colour they want, and decorated it with what they want. They're happy with it. And that's all that matters in the end. Not always having the same experience as others. But enjoying what you actually do have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Drone, Short story I came up with   The Drone, Short story I came up with Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:25 am

Mack wrote:
Hmh? SInce when do bees try to fit in? They are born, raised, and destined to serve their mother. The queen.

They don't know of anything else. And they're happy in their little existance.

It's like people with mental illnesses that live in their own little world. You shouldn't feel sorry for them. Because they only know their little corner, and they have painted it in a colour they want, and decorated it with what they want. They're happy with it. And that's all that matters in the end. Not always having the same experience as others. But enjoying what you actually do have.
No, it's not literal. It's not actually about bees. :V
It's something.. not beeish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Drone, Short story I came up with   The Drone, Short story I came up with Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:27 am

Well. What I can gather from the poem itself, you're basically saying,

"Sure, you can fly. But you are not free. And you never will be."

I can't see any resemblence at all with attempting to fit in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Drone, Short story I came up with   The Drone, Short story I came up with Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 am

Mack wrote:
Well. What I can gather from the poem itself, you're basically saying,

"Sure, you can fly. But you are not free. And you never will be."

I can't see any resemblence at all with attempting to fit in.
Uhhhhhhhno, It means something different
I don't know anymore, you piece it together
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Drone, Short story I came up with   The Drone, Short story I came up with Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:34 am

How can you make a poem and not know what it's about is what I wonder
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Drone, Short story I came up with   The Drone, Short story I came up with Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:35 am

Pat wrote:
I DON'T KNOW
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Drone, Short story I came up with   The Drone, Short story I came up with Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:39 am

Pat wrote:
Same way you can be born and not know what your face looks like, you haven't tried hard enough to see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Drone, Short story I came up with   The Drone, Short story I came up with Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 3:35 am

A poem is venting out what your thinking-- In this case, Narran was thinking something along the lines of bees.
Real poetry, when it is done, has a hidden meaning, that even the creator doesn't know. This is what makes poetry interesting, in a way boooks and movies aren't.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Drone, Short story I came up with   The Drone, Short story I came up with Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 5:44 am

Doesn't have any inherent inner meaning save what you perceive it to be, if she didn't have a planned underlying meaning.
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Drone, Short story I came up with   The Drone, Short story I came up with Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:53 pm

Pat wrote:
Doesn't have any inherent inner meaning save what you perceive it to be, if she didn't have a planned underlying meaning.
Impressionist art, poetry is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Drone, Short story I came up with   The Drone, Short story I came up with Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Drone, Short story I came up with
Page 1 of 1