Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are we ever gonna get another server?

Go down 
+8
Donixs
Icaso
Crimzon_Reaper
Munroe
Gambit
GeoWulf
TRUlyjuST
kamaitama
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 1:33 pm

Alright, fun fact and I'm sick of all of this.

Matt's had a server found for the past THREE WEEKS, and yet despite having ample people wanting to donate, we still have no server...wonder why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 1:36 pm

Rutabega wrote:
Alright, fun fact and I'm sick of all of this.

Matt's had a server found for the past THREE WEEKS, and yet despite having ample people wanting to donate, we still have no server...wonder why?

Why?
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 1:38 pm

Ruta, how do you know that?

Matt goes to school and has a life, finals are right around the corner for me so I can only assume the same for him. I'm not really in a place to be saying this, but I'd suggest you find a server, inform Matt, and try and get it up and running if you can pay for it. Otherwise, just be patient.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 1:57 pm

God..

Not even a big deal. He said he would get one leave it at that. I think it must be horrid to see his community be impatient about such a small thing. I share a want to play the server like a lot of you. Just keep your dongs in your pants.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:23 pm

The server induces -alot- more RP than we've been getting with SFRP. I, for one, would rather RP on the
server. (unless ofcoarse it's private RP in which case I would have to take it to SF cause PRP isn't allowed
onserv)
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:27 pm

Ew, he means cyber 0.o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:28 pm

I don't think Moon Cybers, for one. And too, PRP =/= Cybering, for fucks sake.

And there's honestly nothing wrong with Cybering, if you don't like it, don't do it.

Last edited by Zaku350 on Sat May 30, 2009 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:30 pm

Gambit, click here

Private RP can be used for -any- RP that you don't want others knowing about.

(SexRP is just -one- instance)

A perfect example is the -private- event I held yesterday. (or at least tried to) Another one is pretty much
any quest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:36 pm

Munroe wrote:
Ruta, how do you know that?

Matt goes to school and has a life, finals are right around the corner for me so I can only assume the same for him. I'm not really in a place to be saying this, but I'd suggest you find a server, inform Matt, and try and get it up and running if you can pay for it. Otherwise, just be patient.

I know this because I've been told, I've seen the logs where he stated that he found a server. Regardless, it is of course important to study for your finals, but uppon finding a server, not to mension that even if he didn't find one, we gave a list of good choices, how long does it take to actually register to one? Not long enough that your entire study session gets fucked up the wall.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:45 pm

Richard Crimson wrote:
Gambit, click here

Private RP can be used for -any- RP that you don't want others knowing about.

(SexRP is just -one- instance)

A perfect example is the -private- event I held yesterday. (or at least tried to) Another one is pretty much
any quest.

Pat is NOT confused: Private RP is allowed, but you can't get pissy when someone barges in, is all
Lotus Master: >_>
Pat is NOT confused: OOCly, that is
Pat is NOT confused: ICly, you can get as pissy as you like

Private RP being anything other than sexrp.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:51 pm

Nobody can take a joke
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:55 pm

Gambit wrote:
Nobody con toke o' god dommed joke, Fronk...

Fixed for the lulz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 3:03 pm

Richard Crimson wrote:
Gambit wrote:

Fixed for the lulz
What are you on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 3:06 pm

Resperidol, Minocyclin, and Welbutrin.
Back to top Go down
Steveman12

Steveman12

Character sheet
Name: Bael Prosith
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 3:06 pm

Ok ill help to end this right now The bottom line is neither me nor Matt are doing great in school ATM so we are both struggling to get thru the last few weeks, finals and to get our IC3 certifications, so if i can ask you guys to be patiant that would be great, and if you feel like its necicary you could try and find a server yourselves if you gotta rp Neutral i leave that up to you guys just know that as soon as we have finals and whatnot settled then we shall try to get the server back up.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:38 am

Rutabega wrote:
I know this because I've been told, I've seen the logs where he stated that he found a server. Regardless, it is of course important to study for your finals, but upon finding a server, not to mention that even if he didn't find one, we gave a list of good choices, how long does it take to actually register to one? Not long enough that your entire study session gets fucked up the wall.

So what you're saying is, he's shooting himself in the foot and screwing over his own community. Why would he do that?

On the topic of PRP: In general, I don't like it very much at all. I only do it when there's no other option. It's unfair to other players, and no matter where you do it, you're taking yourself and potential RP away from the server. It's detrimental to a community's well-being. If you're RPing some private meeting, just make it quick and don't throw an OOC hissy fit if someone walks in on you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 7:12 am

Munroe wrote:

and has a life,

D:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 7:33 am

The server'll come when it comes. It's like waiting for a movie to come out. You await it, but you don't write to the film-makers asking for it to be released early.

Until the server's back, just do something else - which all of you can do. No matter how much you want to go, "OMG NO SRS, AERIA IS MAH LIEF. CANNOT LIEF WIHOUT AERIA."

Don't.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:38 am

Richard Crimson wrote:
Gambit wrote:

Fixed for the lulz

New rule sparked.

As for everything else,

STAY ON TOPIC OR I'LL BREAK YOUR NECK, y' farkin longshanks.
Back to top Go down
Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Character sheet
Name: Matthew Brandon O'Brien
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:56 am

Alright, Well. Sorry for my long Absences, Yes, Most of you are right, I've been incredibly Busy. I'm near failing TWO of my classes, and Im grounded. I posted this in School. Yes, I found a server, and as for funding, Loopy gave my Fifty dollars to do what I want with. BUT, Paypal Disabled my account because apparently, my Bank account was invalid or some stupid shit. So That was all lost as well. Now. I know a great place for a server for us, that much is True, Ruta. Once again, but I can't afford it right now. I could wait until JULY when I get my first Paycheck, but that would take too long. Im trying my best. By the way, Im glad to see that the place has not completely fallen apart. I'll be doing my best to get us up and running as soon as I can get the server.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mattspagebrigantine

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:06 am

Matt, prioritise. Do what's best for you, work some stuff out and then see what you can do here. We'll hold on till you're done and relaxed - and if we can't wait for you to sort out the things with your classes, then we don't even deserve a server in the first place. We can all do other things in the meantime.

Good luck, I suppose.

And this isn't kiss assing, as some of you fucks seem to think. I'm just trying to be helpful. Leave me alone.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:51 am

Matt O'Brien wrote:
Alright, Well. Sorry for my long Absences, Yes, Most of you are right, I've been incredibly Busy. I'm near failing TWO of my classes, and Im grounded. I posted this in School. Yes, I found a server, and as for funding, Loopy gave my Fifty dollars to do what I want with. BUT, Paypal Disabled my account because apparently, my Bank account was invalid or some stupid shit. So That was all lost as well. Now. I know a great place for a server for us, that much is True, Ruta. Once again, but I can't afford it right now. I could wait until JULY when I get my first Paycheck, but that would take too long. Im trying my best. By the way, Im glad to see that the place has not completely fallen apart. I'll be doing my best to get us up and running as soon as I can get the server.

'Ey, mate. It's alright. Get your classes established and try and bring up your grades if that's what's needed. Finish the school year and then enjoy a bit of break away from school and the internet. Don't forget to dress appropriate for the warm season!

We're the second priority here. Your life is more important to us (or it should be, atleast)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:05 pm

GeoDuck wrote:
Your life is more important to us.

[veryofftopic]For me, there are very few people that are important to me. The ones who are, they took good
care of themselves so I don't really need to give a shit. (no offense, I'm just a horrible person.)[/veryofftopic]

[ontopic]If -anyone- here has the patience I -used to-, then they should be able to wait however long for the
server to get back up. I, speaking as one whome has wasted their patience on earlier years, say that those
of us that can't help out, should just -stfu- and wait for progress. If you aren't helping, or giving helpful
advice, then just -be patient-.

If it's okay with Matt/Geo/whoever else, I think we should post ideas of what we could do while we're
waiting. (I mean those of us that can't do shit to help. (i.e. people who are only smart enough to pick their
nose in the corner while others pick a lock))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:12 pm

I've talked to a few people, and I've put a few proposals forward. I'm going to have a chat with Matt myself, and see if I can't do a little something to get us on our feet. 'Till then, we just need to hold together, and be patient, just as everyone's been saying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:17 pm

Well, guys..... It's my birthday on the 29th of June, I might be able to pull some strings, get a server maybe! But I'm not sure how many slots, that's the thing Razz .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are we ever gonna get another server?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next