Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are we ever gonna get another server?

Go down 
+8
Donixs
Icaso
Crimzon_Reaper
Munroe
Gambit
GeoWulf
TRUlyjuST
kamaitama
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:39 am

Koliup wrote:
Rule 15.

Are you serious? That isn't breaking rule 15, I was just highlighting - as many people have done - what I was referring to in Don's text by putting it in bold.

Lay off, before I mail you a hobo's dickcheese.
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:43 am

Kruggly wrote:
Koliup wrote:
Rule 15.

Are you serious? That isn't breaking rule 15, I was just highlighting - as many people have done - what I was referring to in Don's text by putting it in bold.

Lay off, before I mail you a hobo's dickcheese.
1. That was my example, you're going to get nothing done if you flame people who offer examples >.<
2. If you mailed me a hobo's dickcheese, I would mail it to my school.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:52 am

Koliup wrote:
1. That was my example, you're going to get nothing done if you flame people who offer examples >.<
2. If you mailed me a hobo's dickcheese, I would mail it to my school.

OH LOL.

Sorry, Koliup! I thought you were making a point about the bold text.

Monumental fail on me. My bad.

I take it all back.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:18 pm

Kruggly wrote:
Donixs wrote:
What I am trying to get at is to bring back old values we had. I believe, what revisions we made, that made us different from the original Olden, have made Aeria and Olden two seperate things. To you it might be a name change, but to me it was the first step to our grave.

Could you provide examples? Cause to me, it's the same.

1. Talking about sex and such was allowed, a obvious example
2. Admins took charge when there is a problem with players being overpowered
3. Being overpowered rarely happend, it was just a couple powers or being a different race, not godlyness
4. Admins weren't needed to create events, players could entertain themselfs (From what I saw when I still played after the FP attack, may have changed already)
5. Applications were denied more commonly, noone was ever intangible (unable to be touched, not physical) to as far as my knowledge goes
6. Ridiculous applications go through more often now
7. Must I go on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:19 pm

Most of those is the fault of lazy admins. We could just get new ones.

I'm sure that would solve a few problems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:22 pm

Or whip the ones in power back into shape,

Regardless. Yes, we need to change in more ways then one, but how can we without a server?

How'll we know the admins are doing there job, without being in-game, and such. I mean, yes, they can start getting more strict with applications, but otherwise.. There's no way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:30 pm

I actually think our admins do a good job, they at least do what the should do, not ass kissing or anything, but I do agree on the application thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:32 pm

Rossii wrote:
I actually think our admins do a good job, they at least do what the should do, not ass kissing or anything, but I do agree on the application thing.

But they do get lazy from time to time. -_-

Sometimes.

Not too much, but it happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:35 pm

Actually - Alot.

Alot of TERRIBLE applications get put through, totally overpowered abilities and the like, given to untrustworthy players that have proven themselves unworthy MORE THEN ONCE. But, the Admins do diddly-squat.

Other then that, I believe our Admins've been fine, just need to be a little more -strict-
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:36 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
Or whip the ones in power back into shape,

Regardless. Yes, we need to change in more ways then one, but how can we without a server?

How'll we know the admins are doing there job, without being in-game, and such. I mean, yes, they can start getting more strict with applications, but otherwise.. There's no way.

1. Talk to the people whos powers are considered "over powered" or are considered "abusive".
2. Remove applications that were previously approved
3. Change some rules
4. Get new admins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:38 pm

I agree, 'cept for the get new admins part. I honestly don't see many people in the community, at the moment, who could be trusted with such power, including myself. (Well, except one.)

And, I've tried getting them removed, and I have complained. Doesn't work.
And Rules are getting changed, see: 'Pat and Ruta's Idea'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:38 pm

Woah, only remove applications if they're truly over-powered. I agree with everything else though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:42 pm

Actually, I think we're intime for a good clean-up.

Change the rules, then make everyone Re-App. Then, we can catch those OVERPOWERED ones that SOMEHOW got sent through the first time around.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:47 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
I agree, 'cept for the get new admins part. I honestly don't see many people in the community, at the moment, who could be trusted with such power, including myself. (Well, except one.)

And Rules are getting changed, see: 'Pat and Ruta's Idea'

Thats how apps are geting changed, and I had originally agreed with the idea, but now I disagree with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:50 pm

Zaku350 wrote:

You can say that again.

Zaku350 wrote:

LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:55 pm

Well the people have spoken, wait on Matt or another head admin to reply to your complaints, don't add to 'em Razz .
Also don't worry, we'll have a server soon whether it be Matt's or not. Maybe we could set up an hamachi server?
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:28 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
Actually, I think we're intime for a good clean-up.

Change the rules, then make everyone Re-App. Then, we can catch those OVERPOWERED ones that SOMEHOW got sent through the first time around.
Aw man, we re-apped not even a year ago.(Although it feels like 2)

In other news, we've all COMPLETELY FUCKING gone off topic.
Back to the server issues, make a new thread if you want to re-continue the app stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:37 pm

That is a server issue kind of, but :S .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are we ever gonna get another server?   Are we ever gonna get another server? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are we ever gonna get another server?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4