Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'

Go down 
+5
TRUlyjuST
Crimzon_Reaper
Koliup
GeoWulf
Gambit
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Empty
PostSubject: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:18 am

The 'New' Olden

Look, Aeria, and my fellow member.

It breaks my heart to say this, it really does. But we're falling apart. It's obvious. We're loosing members, we're without a server. There's constant flaming, hatred, and tension between our members. And, admist all this chaos, I've decided to finally lay down what I think needs to happen.

Aeria needs to change, if we want to immprove, and please. Save your. "I want old Olden back" bullshit. This is Olden, get over it. We haven't changed. The only
thing different is our name. Which, may I add only changed because of trolls, a problem I think that's way more then past us at this point.

Quote :

--BASIC RUNDOWN---

1: Change Name back to Olden - See Reasons Below
2: Remove, or Lower both Geo, and Matt's Power.
3: Destroy the Hierarchy - Have a council of Admins for decisions
4: Concentrate the Authority into two ranks - Moderator, and Admin.
5: Community needs to grow a pair - Voice their Opinions
6: Move from Leyanara -> Surna
7: Follow our own Lore - Stop being Contradictory
8: Delete all Apps - Make everyone Re-app
9: More Player Events - Although 'Chapters' can be Epic.

Now, I don't give a flyin' fuck, that I have no authrority here, or power what-so-ever. But you, my fellow members, need to grow a pair and start voicing your opinions instead of just following the admins like everything is fuckin' ok, it's not. We're not getting a new server, we're not going to change. Without people fuckin' trying. And quite frankly, brushing the shit off your shoulder thinking: "Oh, the admins'll take care of it." Isn't working.

I've got alot of ideas, that I'm about to propose. Which none of you have to even in the slightest agree with, but hear me out. I'll start with the basics, this being Admins:

We need stricter admins, ones that'll enforce the rules, applications, and the like. And, more active ones, this brings me on the topic of, Geo 'n' Matt. Look, I love 'em both like brothers, they've brought out community alot of good things, but they're just not cutting it anymore. Sorry, to both of you. Matt, you just waltz on it, post a thread about how you can't be active. Maybe it's about time you left your throne, and passed it on? Better yet, destroy the throne. And Geo, you bring us a shit-load of Lore, and we love you for it. But, we as a community need to be adding onto our Roleplaying-World, without needing to depend on somone. That is why I say, that both of these two individuals's power should be reduced, or removed.

On topic of Leadership this brings me to my next argument.

Olden, is a COMMUNITY, not a dictatorship. Thus, we shouldn't even have a 'Leader'. Instead, I think we should have a council, made up of high-admins. Instead of waiting on a inactive, useless leader, sorry Matt, But it's true. Additions, and changes to our community should be accepted, and or vetoed by us as a whole.

This brings me to my next topic, the Heriarchy of Olden.
I belive there should be -TWO- ranks. Admin, and Moderator. An Admin makes decisions, and promotes change in the community, whislt enforcing rules while he/she can. Moderators are the admin's soldiers, per say. They're job is to enforce rules when Admins can't be there to do so. Now, there's two types of Admins, which Ruta
stated nice, and clearly.

Quote :
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: well in my eyes
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: there's 3 types of administrator
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: server, forum and allround
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: server admins
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: will do everything you need
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: on server
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: minges, rp orientatino
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: rule enforcing
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: help events
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: but for some reason
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: almost seem afraid to go on forums
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: except for char pages
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: like phear and Phaeron
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: got your forum admins
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: btw, annother thing bout srever admins
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: are they have alot of free time
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: and are able to be on server alot
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: forum admins don't have as much time
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: but got lots of breaks
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: where they can check on forums
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: and quote alot
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: and watch rules on forums
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: but seldom go on server
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: then you got both, which is a medium
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: on server somtimes
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: on forum sometimes
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: or Geo, the type who used to be on both all the time
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: but studdies show you end up going insane
Rutabega[Peace through power!]: with a mental breakdown

Now, as Ruta said, there are three types of admins. Server, Allaround, and Forum. I don't really think I need to explain, but. The admin team should be divided in two. Half, of which focusing on Forums, and the other Server. Takes less stress off of one another, as proved by Geo.

Now comes the fun part, You, You the reader, and our community.

You need to learn to toughen up, to grow a pair and tell us your opinion. As I stated, nice and clearly before. We don't want Aeria-Clones, I'm sorry, I think we've allheard the term, and it's been outlawed. Kill me for it if you want, but it's a sad truth. Amongst us there are a few who don't even hesistate to say no to the admins. This needs to stop, as I said before, things aren't going to change when you just waltz around carefree waiting for the admins to fix shit.

Next, Lore, and how we percieve it.
Look, we don't even follow our own lore at this point. I'll use a perfect example, Kazuth:
As stated in their thread, if you bothered to read it. They are a hated race, despised by the human, elven, and other sentient races alike. For their theivery, and criminal activities. Yet, Kazuth are the most loved race in Olden. I plan to change this aswell, and other fuck-ups we've commited, contradicting our own lore.

Now, the change from Surna, to Leyanara.
From what I've heard, and gathered. The general census says that we preferred Surna over Leyanara, and I have to agree on this for many reasons.A few of which consist of the fact that Surna was more free, the guard-force had more character, and the general 'mood' was more appealing. I think this rapid change of enviroment fucked us up in more ways then one. While we needed to work on more community-based problems, we decided to try and fix In-Character issues, which only fucked us up more in the long-run.
Hence why I vote we go back to Surna.

Now, Applications, and power to players.
I seriously, don't understand how the fuck, half of the applications have been accepted. Sorry, Drakeson, you're my example:
Look, at Drakeson's applications, they're clearly overpowered by a single glance, we all know this. We also know he can't be trusted with such power. Such power, that could easily be considered GOD-LIKE. That's ridiculous. This is why I vote that we delete. ALL Applications, that have EVER been accepted. Forcing EVERYONE to re-apply, for abilities and races alike. This includes Kazuth, which have been recently made only app able. One move by Matt I can actually agree with.
Maybe this time around, we won't be FUCKTARTS, and let these rediculous applications through, and kill some of the ever apparent power-gaming and god-like characters.

Now, Events.
People need to start causing events themselves, instead of waiting around for them to just happen. Look, you want something big? You fuckin' do something bit, that's how it works. So, then, people can never complain about how they get not enough RP, you make RP, it doesn't just come to you.

I HAVE ALOT MORE TO SAY, I'M JUST REALLY TIRED AT THE MOMENT. So, please. Expect more on the way.

Quote :
---My Votes for Admin---
Admins:
Pat
Ruta
Tru
Geo(?) - If he can get Active
Moderators:
Narran
Hyper
Phear
Kruggly
Phearon
Johnny

Last edited by Zaku350 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:57 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:54 am

holy shit.

I really have to agree.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 5:15 am

Good job Zaku, you really did spend time and effort on this Razz .
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 6:12 am

If there's a point to me getting active again (like, all this stuff coming through?) then I think I may be able to handle being on.

Though not all of this is true. Kazuth's were hated because they were abused.

I like Surna a lot more than Leya and I would agree to us going back. We lost a -LOT- of space to work with for buildings and quests. Sure, Leya's prettier, more unique, but Surna is the original.

On admins I agree and I haven't just been doing lore, I've been working on cleaning threads on the forums every time I get a chance, which isn't a lot but nobody else is doin' it, so I do. I've been doing my best to contribute as well even though I basically have school (well i guess I'm out now, but I'll have some serious problems no matter what when comes September when school is back in.)

Though to top it off since I've developed a lot in roleplay.. the community almost seems unfamiliar to me. So I don't know if I -can- RP the way I did assuming I would.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:46 am

At least we don't think you as a "slacker" or anything.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:34 am

Zaku350 wrote:

Quote :
---My Votes for Admin---
Admins:
Pat
Ruta
Tru
Geo(?) - If he can get Active
Moderators:
Narran
Hyper
Phear
Kruggly
Phearon
Johnny
Isn't that the exact same lineup we have?/ have had before?
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:41 am

Proly because I'm not.
Back to top Go down
Crimzon_Reaper

Character sheet
Name: General Lord Sir Hiram Von Dickington III
Race: Cockmongoloid

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:11 am

And Kruggleh was considered temp. =V

Otherwise, I kind of agree. I <3'd Surna with all it's fucked up characters, especially opposed to the pointy-eared flower-picking poofs. </3

The admin team do a good job as it is, any problems, community members often point them out, which they fix.

Council in full power? - NO.

Not.
In.
A million.
Years.

We have Matt and Geo. Matt tells us the broad perspective, Geo gives us the intricate details.

They're both fine with this, as I see.

With a council, there're too many people that could get discontent, butthurt, and go on a vengence seeking spree.

(FUCK. Gotta go, love you -all- <3)
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:24 am

While I did enjoy Surna more, Leyanara does have more space, and there IS the problem of how it got rebuilt... I agree with most of this, and I too am going to be helping with Kazuth hate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:25 am

I agree on all parts including my applications of overpowered spells and such....
I do now see that they are rather overpowered and yea yea yea...

I do recommend others for Moderators and Adminships as well, but I guess those are fine too.

Also Note:
Vymiseva doesn't know what a Kazuth is truthfully lolz never met one.
His theory; "How can I hate a race, if I never met one, or even seen their acts of these words "Evil" and "Chaos" as you so speak of to me right now."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:28 am

We have to appreciate some admins like Geo are very busy with their real lives, he has been trying to find his mum a job, so cut him some slack guys Very Happy .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:42 pm

I do agree, basically fully with this. Zaku, you've put godly effort into this.

Maybe let some admins who have been working have their power, but that's all I can suggest that you haven't put down.

And Crim, he doesn't mean the council in full power - he means -a- council of admins. A new council.

This is radical, but radical is what we need.
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 1:28 pm

Kruggly wrote:
I do agree, basically fully with this. Zaku, you've put godly effort into this.

Maybe let some admins who have been working have their power, but that's all I can suggest that you haven't put down.

And Crim, he doesn't mean the council in full power - he means -a- council of admins. A new council.

This is radical, but radical is what we need.
http://www.radicalplay.com/
[/offtopic]
I disagree with a council, I think we should have a COMMUNITY WIDE voting/ vetoing system set up.
1. Godly effort indeed.
2. Agreed.
3. I didn't understand that.
4. Radical, how radical?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:22 pm

I agree 99.9%. My only complaint is the app re-making. As proven by you kicking my ass shortly before the server exploded, I am not overpowered. Also, I spent hours trying to figure out how to balance my race, Fenrisians, making sure they are not able to be God-like, and I think that apps within reason should not be deleted.

I can take over lore if Geo lets me, I have an expansive imagination.

But we have to face the facts, the server is NEVER coming back. It has been weeks now and the so called "scanning for new servers" statement is now being called into question.

As Zaku said, we as a community ARE falling apart. I have been around here while Olden was being created, under the name Mikedestruct, I saw Desertia fall into a pit of dispair. And even now the desertia dudes are still trying to recover from what we are now going through, we must change our ways. Only in the time of crisis does humanity ever want to change.

Currently, we are stagnant, I hate to bring this in, but as an example I use the Imperium of mankind. (Simply for metaphorical purposes) Right now this is our version of the Horus Heresy, and with our Emperor rotting on the golden throne (Geo being inactive) we have become stagnant, soon we will start going backwards if we don't act fast.

As a solution we must have radical changes, and these changes must be for the people, the community, and Aeria as a whole. My proposed solution....

I propose communism. A party of players, for the players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:36 pm

Uberman7788 wrote:

I can take over lore if Geo lets me, I have an expansive imagination.

But we have to face the facts, the server is NEVER coming back. It has been weeks now and the so called "scanning for new servers" statement is now being called into question.

1st:
We all have expansive Imagination just to tell you that.
(At least I think we all do)

2nd:
The fact is that your wrong on that part, because well one. School is almost over and time for summer. Which means, were getting servers back and more people coming back from the dead.
If you are to patiently and not try to stab each others backs you should wait till our friends school is over. So we can then decide to take actions if nothing happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:37 pm

Drakeson, read my fuckin' post.

Admins aren't going to fix shit, get over it. Even when school ends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:42 pm

** Sighs **
Well, I can't argue because I'd be fighting everyone.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:59 pm

I agree, mostly, but allow me to change some stuff.

You see, we do need change, but radical changes, as you said with Surna to Leyanara, don't work. It should NOT be as simple as discarding everything, to the contrary, keep what's best.

AS FOR COMMUNITY DECISIONS:

They must be VOTED. Let's make a democracy here, that's the most flexible political system on real life, so, why can't it work here too? Let everyone have their EQUAL say.

On the topic of flexibility. Flexibility is crucial, you can NOT enforce strict rules. Everything should be subject to doubting, to asking, and to possible reforming. One of the biggest examples is the sex rule, which is not always obvious, due to how each one interprets what "sex" is. It's not always evident.

Thus, I recommend the reediting of the rules, in order for them to explain clearly what they are about. This, should comply with the first statement, it should be the community who decides how.

AS FOR ADMINS:

There should be ONLY one rank of admin, and ONLY one rank of moderator, what's the point of hirearchy? If you admin the forums, you're a moderator, if you moderate the server, you're an admin. If you do both, you're both, and that's it.

Admin ranks bring more confusion, power struggle, and general conflict that we need. The admin rank should not be seen as a position of power over players. Admins should never be over the people.

And on the topic of selecting/impeaching, that should be done by the community vote, too. Maybe limiting impeaching after the first month of that admin, and if there's less than 5, done as so a replacement is inmediatly added upon impeachment.

AS FOR APPLICATIONS:

Should be limited, but not as much. I say this should be done by voting, and obviously, have a voting limit. It shouldn't be considered accepted if it for example, has 3 votes, and it's all accepted. It should be considered accepted, if it has for example 6, against 4, or anything like that.

Personally, I don't think we can rely into only admins accepting everything. Take Kain Redwell (Gasp, I'm saying names.) for example, he could literally kill gods, or Agito, who had a fucking perpetual reviving spell, without an application of any sort, but the aproval of certain admins.

Yes, I said names. We should stop doing stuff like "I don't want to say names, but certain people...". That's stupid, do you want a problem solved or not? Then head to the source. Erradicate the problem from where it comes from. If said people don't agree in tuning down their characters, then we can simply remove the character. Problem solved.

How can you tell that a character is overpowered? Easy:

1) If it is a self insert. Almost ALL self inserts are overpowered, since nobody wants to be a wimp.
2) The person in question's name is the same as the character they play all the time. ( There's exceptions )
3) The person in question has/plays only one character.

Usually, if the 3 conditions match, it's a surefire way of telling someone's up to no good.

AS FOR LORE:

I've seen several times that the lore simply stops people from doing stuff, and henceforth limits their capabilities of RPing, and they end up having to make something up. Example, my character Ayumi Allessia, who supposedly comes from a human mountain settlement of a shaolin like clan. This doesn't actually exist, I made that up, there's no such thing on the lore.

The lore should adapt to the RP, not backwards. There's limits, of course. I really don't want to see spaceships around, but maybe a primitive use of electricity, based on steam generators, could be used, since we're not necesarilly medieval.

Something I'm for example against for, is the kazuth discrimination thing. I don't think all races or all places would enforce it, just like how slavery was. While there's places where they would be slaves, I would easily say human settlements, since humans seem to be the cruelest race, and only certain one of them. It's stupid that all humans inmediatly hate kazuth for no reason, not even cats and dogs are born like that. Naria was a feral child, so I doubt that concept of kazuths as a slave would have ever reached to her, and hence why she thinks they're cute, not objects to use for manual labor.

That's all I see different. Good work, Zaku, bringing this to light.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 3:02 pm

Drakeson wrote:
Well, I can't argue...

True that, Drakeson.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 3:53 pm

Kruggly wrote:
Drakeson wrote:
Well, I can't argue...

True that, Drakeson.

You can argue, I argued against everyone earlier, and now things are going to change.

Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Couragewolf6
Back to top Go down
AgitoLink

AgitoLink

Character sheet
Name: Agito Yokrui
Race: Dragoon

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 4:19 pm

I dont agree with re-apping because that is bullsheet.
Matt should keep his powers, he provided us with a server good adminship the person that should get it lowerd or removed is Geo for being an asswipe.
That is my post onto this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 4:36 pm

To come to think of it?
Why are all humans automatically to hate kazuths?
Or anyone to hate Kazuths automatically.

Look,
Many white people stood up against the blacks slavery which took place of Civil War.
If you haven't notice that's a huge ass population of where many have fought against slavery, many even stood against it in the south and helped those to read, write, and even educate them with their lives no matter the odds.

All I'm saying is, NOT EVERYONE should hate Kazuths it is our decisions of which our characters should hate them or not.

That is rather all I have to say.

You can't force one hatred towards a race, when they have their own ideas and beliefs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 4:39 pm

For fucks sake,

Look, this isn't a thread about Kazuth Racism, you're supposed to hate them. You WOULD hate them, if you actually lived through this time-period. Because they're CRIMINALS. If you got robbed, constantly, and witnessed riots and such you would hate them, too. And that's how it should be, and hopefully will be.

And learn your Civil War, not many whites stood up for blacks. The 'Union' didn't enter the war to end slavery.

Regardless, that was just an example. That's not the focus of the argument, get over it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 4:47 pm

-------
Gah, I can't say anything I know I will be flamed and such this is useless,
I agreeee with everything else....
And learned a lot more..
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 6:19 pm

AgitoLink wrote:
I dont agree with re-apping because that is bullsheet.
Matt should keep his powers, he provided us with a server good adminship the person that should get it lowerd or removed is Geo for being an asswipe.
That is my post onto this.

Agito, you on the first place need a fucking tune down. If anyone should re app, it should be you. I've never seen your app for the alchemy stuff.

And I don't see how Geo is an asswipe, or why he should have it removed. No one is talking about removing admins, at all. Don't derail this.

Anyway, repost, since people seemed to miss this.

kamaitama wrote:
I agree, mostly, but allow me to change some stuff.

You see, we do need change, but radical changes, as you said with Surna to Leyanara, don't work. It should NOT be as simple as discarding everything, to the contrary, keep what's best.

AS FOR COMMUNITY DECISIONS:

They must be VOTED. Let's make a democracy here, that's the most flexible political system on real life, so, why can't it work here too? Let everyone have their EQUAL say.

On the topic of flexibility. Flexibility is crucial, you can NOT enforce strict rules. Everything should be subject to doubting, to asking, and to possible reforming. One of the biggest examples is the sex rule, which is not always obvious, due to how each one interprets what "sex" is. It's not always evident.

Thus, I recommend the reediting of the rules, in order for them to explain clearly what they are about. This, should comply with the first statement, it should be the community who decides how.

AS FOR ADMINS:

There should be ONLY one rank of admin, and ONLY one rank of moderator, what's the point of hirearchy? If you admin the forums, you're a moderator, if you moderate the server, you're an admin. If you do both, you're both, and that's it.

Admin ranks bring more confusion, power struggle, and general conflict that we need. The admin rank should not be seen as a position of power over players. Admins should never be over the people.

And on the topic of selecting/impeaching, that should be done by the community vote, too. Maybe limiting impeaching after the first month of that admin, and if there's less than 5, done as so a replacement is inmediatly added upon impeachment.

AS FOR APPLICATIONS:

Should be limited, but not as much. I say this should be done by voting, and obviously, have a voting limit. It shouldn't be considered accepted if it for example, has 3 votes, and it's all accepted. It should be considered accepted, if it has for example 6, against 4, or anything like that.

Personally, I don't think we can rely into only admins accepting everything. Take Kain Redwell (Gasp, I'm saying names.) for example, he could literally kill gods, or Agito, who had a fucking perpetual reviving spell, without an application of any sort, but the aproval of certain admins.

Yes, I said names. We should stop doing stuff like "I don't want to say names, but certain people...". That's stupid, do you want a problem solved or not? Then head to the source. Erradicate the problem from where it comes from. If said people don't agree in tuning down their characters, then we can simply remove the character. Problem solved.

How can you tell that a character is overpowered? Easy:

1) If it is a self insert. Almost ALL self inserts are overpowered, since nobody wants to be a wimp.
2) The person in question's name is the same as the character they play all the time. ( There's exceptions )
3) The person in question has/plays only one character.

Usually, if the 3 conditions match, it's a surefire way of telling someone's up to no good.

AS FOR LORE:

I've seen several times that the lore simply stops people from doing stuff, and henceforth limits their capabilities of RPing, and they end up having to make something up. Example, my character Ayumi Allessia, who supposedly comes from a human mountain settlement of a shaolin like clan. This doesn't actually exist, I made that up, there's no such thing on the lore.

The lore should adapt to the RP, not backwards. There's limits, of course. I really don't want to see spaceships around, but maybe a primitive use of electricity, based on steam generators, could be used, since we're not necesarilly medieval.

Something I'm for example against for, is the kazuth discrimination thing. I don't think all races or all places would enforce it, just like how slavery was. While there's places where they would be slaves, I would easily say human settlements, since humans seem to be the cruelest race, and only certain one of them. It's stupid that all humans inmediatly hate kazuth for no reason, not even cats and dogs are born like that. Naria was a feral child, so I doubt that concept of kazuths as a slave would have ever reached to her, and hence why she thinks they're cute, not objects to use for manual labor.

That's all I see different. Good work, Zaku, bringing this to light.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'   Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zaku's Envisionment | The Next 'Olden'
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next