Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Script

Go down 
+4
GeoWulf
Donixs
Gambit
kamaitama
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

New Script - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:48 am

I did. Was a problem with ULX. Fixed it though.

Oh, and Kam, use Cakescript RC5. Not G2. G2 is unstable as a kazuth trying to balance on an Occitanian stake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:13 am

Lawl. Geo laughed at us using G2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:31 am

Rossii wrote:

And with good reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 9:06 am

Meh.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:43 am

It will never be the same as tacoscript...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:49 am

Donixs wrote:

TnB runs tacoscript, and it's impressive - but TnB runs it, hell - they might have even created it.

Instafail.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:37 am

Mack wrote:
I did. Was a problem with ULX. Fixed it though.

Oh, and Kam, use Cakescript RC5. Not G2. G2 is unstable as a kazuth trying to balance on an Occitanian stake.

Don't see why I should use legacy versions, if the current one runs perfectly without any errors. It is not unstable at all, if it was unstable, it would have memory leaks, poor optimizing, bad execution and poor organizing, none of which Cakescript G2 has.

Trust me guys, I know what I'm doing.

Rossii wrote:

Geo doesn't know how to code, I'll put it bluntly. He said he wasn't using usermessages on "his" script. It's impossible to not use usermessages on a roleplay script, without it making everyone have an average ping of 500.

He wouldn't notice the actual differences between the much better written base Cakescript G2, and it's awful offspring LemonadeScript, that is made for HL2RP, and would therefore be nearly the same if I removed it's HL2RP utilities.

Psyche wrote:

And with good reason.

You fail to explain what is that reason.

Donixs wrote:

Tacoscript sucks ASS, it is terribly written, terribly unoptimized for networks, and VERY unstable. It's also made for HL2RP, and is riddled with useless functions that nobody ever uses correctly. Example, the whole economy thing, doesn't work.

So, I'd rather have a far simpler, far better written base that is Cakescript than the huge jumbled mess that is Tacoscript. Hell, even Rick Dark himself admitted Tacoscript is horribly written.

People, if you want to flame my code, bring reasons, or shut up and let me work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 12:45 pm

Quote :
if the current one runs perfectly without any errors.

Let me stop you right there. There are people who can't play because they can't get past the initial character creation. Why? Because G2 fucks up with the model-selection. I'm unfortunately one of those. So I can't even play. So, unless you can fix that, do NOT use G2. It was never even finished with bug-fixing before the author went over to making a new script.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:01 pm

Mack wrote:
Quote :
if the current one runs perfectly without any errors.

Let me stop you right there. There are people who can't play because they can't get past the initial character creation. Why? Because G2 fucks up with the model-selection. I'm unfortunately one of those. So I can't even play. So, unless you can fix that, do NOT use G2. It was never even finished with bug-fixing before the author went over to making a new script.

All you have to do is delete your dua folder in cache.

Why is that? Because RC5 isn't compatible with G2, and they both use the same filenames, so one overwrites another. If you play a G2 server, then an RC5, it won't work, and vice versa.

And for the last time, tell me before you change things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:07 pm

I didn't change anything. I edited the schema. But it wouldn't accept the new models so I reverted it back to the original. All I did was un-globalize /me's. So I didn't really change anything.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:12 pm

Cakescript RC5 works much better and has no compatibility problems with ULX; However... you still have the global /me problem which is obviously -easily- fixed.

I used RC5 for wulfscript and it turned out dandy. Very easy to edit, easy-to-fix bugs, user-friendly, and seems to have more features, ironically.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:17 pm

I don't care what script we use, as long it has working characters, normal /me's , and 2 titles. Smile
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:19 pm

/title2 took some work for me, but it's very simple to add once you know how to do it.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:45 pm

GeoWulf wrote:
Cakescript RC5 works much better and has no compatibility problems with ULX; However... you still have the global /me problem which is obviously -easily- fixed.

I used RC5 for wulfscript and it turned out dandy. Very easy to edit, easy-to-fix bugs, user-friendly, and seems to have more features, ironically.

ULX uncompatibility is nonexistant now. The reason why the global /me's weren't fixed on release was that I tested on singleplayer, and uploaded it right when I went to sleep, got fixed too so anyway.

RC5 is a LEGACY version. G2 superseeds it, and G2's bugs are far easier to fix, trust me. As for features, I actually had to -remove- features from G2, since it had stuff we didn't use. Something you should have done too.

Quote :
/title2 took some work for me, but it's very simple to add once you know how to do it.

It's called player:SetNWString( "title2" ). It's the same thing as the first title, you could have easily copypasted the code and changed the variable name. I took it one step further as to make the first title not get filled by 32 chars, but instead if you have more than 32 characters, the rest gets copyied on title2. Simple use of string.Left and string.Right. Personally I'll do it with usermessages, but NWVars do it quicker.

And the people claiming G2 has bugs. SAY WHICH BUGS. I can't fix them if you don't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:48 pm

If I can get into the server sometime today I'll be sure to give you any error messages that surface.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:32 pm

I'll be happiest when the script is back to how our old one was, and perhaps even improved.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 7:00 pm

Update. Help guide has been updated, it is now online, and contains ALL the help guides on the forums, as well as the rules, and some general help, it is now far more useful, in game, and doesn't require entering the forums.

Next updates:

Player Customization: Changing the color of your name in OOC, linking your character page in game, changing your OOC name without changing SF name, HUD selections, other cool stuff.

Character customization: Height and build, description that can be accessed by right clicking someone's character, possible inclusion of factions.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:25 pm

kamaitama wrote:
Update. Help guide has been updated, it is now online, and contains ALL the help guides on the forums, as well as the rules, and some general help, it is now far more useful, in game, and doesn't require entering the forums.

Next updates:

Player Customization: Changing the color of your name in OOC, linking your character page in game, changing your OOC name without changing SF name, HUD selections, other cool stuff.

Character customization: Height and build, description that can be accessed by right clicking someone's character, possible inclusion of factions.

Can their also be a "Custom" part for the faction part. For someone to put their group.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:32 pm

MC, that update sounds sexy.

:3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:54 pm

I can join the server now, I just had to clean my gmod folder. I love the help page.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 1:37 am

I -think- MC said he'd be able to add a video to the help page thing, if so, who would like to maybe create one with me to help new roleplayers?
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 3:52 am

We ran tacoscript in our early days, and it was great. Then Geo's SQL database got fucked...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:08 am

Donixs wrote:
We ran tacoscript in our early days, and it was great. Then Geo's SQL database got fucked...

I remember those days. When I was in Olden for like a week before I left for the real TnB. :3
Which is where I am now, for about a month or so. Before I make my real return.
Back to top Go down
Phear
Angry Veteran
Phear

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:33 am

So why the fuck are we using an old version of Cake now, with the original help screen, no /title2, and Combine factions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:02 am

Phear wrote:
So why the fuck are we using an old version of Cake now, with the original help screen, no /title2, and Combine factions?

Fo srs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Script   New Script - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Script
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next