Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new ( old ) script

Go down 
+19
Phear
Gambit
Munroe
TRUlyjuST
B3SERK
thorogoodd
Graley
Kali
Kain
Phry
Blitz
Zaku350
PuPeT-KaI
Rutabega
themodtester
Markka
Krug
Psycheandromida
Dama Oscura
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

The new ( old ) script Empty
PostSubject: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 10:19 am

So here's how it goes, I'm giving Olden the new script I've been working on, which is essentially my old script but with a bunch of shit added. It has clothing, wearable gear, containers, chat colors, snazzy VGUI, the old character creation thing, a clever animation system to use any and all animations with any model no matter what, and well, a shitload of fuck.

Why am I doing this? Because I don't use it anymore.

A few examples of the crazy/dumb shit you can do with it:

The new ( old ) script Gm_flatgrass0001-1

The new ( old ) script Blissstyles

I'll be showcasing it on the server soon enough, however, I don't want it to be just a patch, I want it to be something completely new for Olden and such. You people don't have to do anything on your end, although I would like to not have the clothing system and such go to waste, so I ask you to:

• Find me models that you think could fit the whole server, or at least a good amount of people. Can be ragdolls, playermodels or NPCs, no matter which one they are, they'll work perfectly.
  • Find me models of props like swords, shields, anything that people can stick on top of themselves. Any prop will do
  • Find me standard models so we can finally fucking replace the ugly as fuck HL2 citizens. Or atleast the ugly as fuck denim jumpsuits.
  • Suggest things that should be added on the script. Really, go for the crazy stuff, I know my way around the engine better, and I can probably do much of the things I couldn't before.

I also am bringing back up my idea for a diceroll based combat system with clever effects and stuff, dunno if someone wants to develop the idea, or shoot it down or whatever, do so on this thread.

Last edited by Dama Oscura on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 10:26 am

Very cool. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 10:52 am

Forgot to mention there's also a group system, so factions and the like will be transferred in game.

A list of each one and their respective ranks may be useful.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 10:59 am

Amazing. :33

I love the suggestion about more models to replace the HL2 cits.

Couldn't we use the script to make wearable Age of Chivalry guard armor- as in without the helmet.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:05 am

Kruggly wrote:
Amazing. :33

I love the suggestion about more models to replace the HL2 cits.

Couldn't we use the script to make wearable Age of Chivalry guard armor- as in without the helmet.

We can. Any body, any face. I was actually just about to suggest that maybe you should find models in Age of Chivalry that we can use.

Dark Messiah has some amazing models too
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 12:15 pm

Wait a second. That stuff was on Bliss, which went down just recently.

Huh...
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 12:19 pm

Markka wrote:
Wait a second. That stuff was on Bliss, which went down just recently.

Huh...

I made Bliss. I took it down. I made the script.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 12:25 pm

Figured that much.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Good news everybody, I've found a way to rip models from Oblivion, so we may have Kazuths with actual tails and ears and such. As well as hair. Mesh hair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:26 pm

Marry me. You should somehow find a way to change the color of said hair and ears. Or maybe just the hair if the ears prove impossible.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:29 pm

xeno586 wrote:
Marry me. You should somehow find a way to change the color of said hair and ears. Or maybe just the hair if the ears prove impossible.

I'll be looking into it, as far as I know, the ears might be harder because they're not deliberately textured with an almost white texture like the hairs, which are built with the precise purpose of being color swapped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:52 pm

Dama Oscura wrote:
xeno586 wrote:

I'll be looking into it, as far as I know, the ears might be harder because they're not deliberately textured with an almost white texture like the hairs, which are built with the precise purpose of being color swapped.
Mhm. Mesh hair would kick soooo much ass though. <3
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:03 pm

Too bad bliss is dead, only real Community I liked.
Rest in peace, Bliss, thou shalt be missed.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:06 pm

Race models will be coming at a MUCH later date though, lots of work to be done.

Right now I'm almost ready to put this on the server, as soon as we get the race descriptions done.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:20 pm

Hm...The AoC evil knight armor with evil footman helmet would be cool, I figure.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:40 pm

Rutabega wrote:
Hm...The AoC evil knight armor with evil footman helmet would be cool, I figure.

What's the armor of the Guard going to be, Ruta?
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:51 pm

-

Last edited by PuPeT-KaI on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:00 pm

Man, all of the outfits seem you posted seem really slutty or unfitting to the canon itself.
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Race: ---

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:02 pm

I can get the content from Age of Chivalry, all of it - With little to no effort. I did it in the past, it's real easy.

As far as Dark Messiah, I don't have the game, so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:04 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
I can get the content from Age of Chivalry, all of it - With little to no effort. I did it in the past, it's real easy.

As far as Dark Messiah, I don't have the game, so.
You can get the dark messiah content free and legally by downloading the demo on steam, and using a program called GCFscape to get the files. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:09 pm

Yeah uh, I'd prefer clothing and armor and stuff that looks medieval. Let's focus on clothing right now, faces and swords and shit come later.

The Dark Messiah shit is pretty much what I'm looking for. Keep in mind I can put any face on any body.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:11 pm

-

Last edited by PuPeT-KaI on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:12 pm

Dama Oscura wrote:
Yeah uh, I'd prefer clothing and armor and stuff that looks medieval. Let's focus on clothing right now, faces and swords and shit come later.

The Dark Messiah shit is pretty much what I'm looking for. Keep in mind I can put any face on any body.

This face

The new ( old ) script 200px-Male08

On Alyx's body.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:41 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:
Dama Oscura wrote:

This face

The new ( old ) script 200px-Male08

On Alyx's body.

Oh god...

Oh god...

What have I done...

The new ( old ) script Gm_flatgrass0002
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet
Name: Herr Doktor
Race: Doktor.

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:54 pm

The new ( old ) script What_has_science_done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new ( old ) script
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next