Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new ( old ) script

Go down 
+19
Phear
Gambit
Munroe
TRUlyjuST
B3SERK
thorogoodd
Graley
Kali
Kain
Phry
Blitz
Zaku350
PuPeT-KaI
Rutabega
themodtester
Markka
Krug
Psycheandromida
Dama Oscura
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:03 pm

The new ( old ) script - Page 2 1282439669997

Okay sorry for derailing the thread. I suggest if models and junk is required, we take a look at this.
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=40971
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:07 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=40971

Official ZNK modelpack right there. It's got a lot of crap, a lot, but some of the models are very usable.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:13 pm

I actually think that we're gonna have to release the new models in a series of patches. Lets put race models on priority now.

The main problem I see is that half of the races are humanoids with things added. Tieflings have small demon wings, tails and horns, Kazuth have tail and ears, elves have ears, gnomes are tiny. There are orc models, but I don't think there are female ones. Goblins will have to be ripped from somewhere.

All of this stuff can be found on Oblivion, however I don't know how fast can I compile these ripped models. If we can find someone who knows their way around this stuff, we can do this much quicker.

Please don't post packs. Download, put screenies of the models that you want from it.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:33 pm

-

Last edited by PuPeT-KaI on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 8:08 pm

Dama Oscura wrote:
I actually think that we're gonna have to release the new models in a series of patches. Lets put race models on priority now.

and

All of this stuff can be found on Oblivion, however I don't know how fast can I compile these ripped models. If we can find someone who knows their way around this stuff, we can do this much quicker.

The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Wu5enp
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Well, seems like the launch was rather hectic. Don't worry people, I'm already working in a bunch of stuff.

Next release (tomorrow ) will have bloom removed, the title thing fixed, support for those weird models that people use, and probably something else.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:18 am

Just a note, sometimes players get stuck if they run into each other.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:58 am

Rutabega wrote:
Just a note, sometimes players get stuck if they run into each other.

This is due to the fact that the player body is comprised of 3 parented entities stuck together. The physics system fucks up, even though I set them to not collide with anything, causing this.

To get unstuck, just crouch, or move around. I'll attempt a fix soon. As for right now, the next thing to be added (right now) is gonna be the cool 3d scroll that games like Oblivion had when you held down the middle mouse button.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:28 am

OA wrote:
-

OA wrote:
-

OA wrote:
-

Can we clear all of these up, they're just annoying.

I was just on the script , it's pretty sexy, great job.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:02 pm

Script feels a little too complex sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:15 pm

Also, for me at least there's a bug that my head goes away if I'm in first person mode.

Also, could we remove fall damage or reduce it? Seems a bit inconvenient being dead after 3 drops.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Rutabega wrote:
Also, for me at least there's a bug that my head goes away if I'm in first person mode.

rp_thirdperson 0 will always make your head invisible on camera and the such.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:32 pm

Rutabega wrote:

Also, could we remove fall damage or reduce it? Seems a bit inconvenient being dead after 3 drops.

The script currently removes your head while in firstperson mode so it, you know, doesn't intervene with your view. I recommend playing on thirdperson, as it has much less inconveniences. Those details will be fixed though.

Fall damage is going to be removed, yes.

As for the script feeling complex, once I get all major bugs figured out, you guys will begins seeing a complete restructuring of the VGUI, including a new character editor, where you choose your body and head from thousands of different parts, as well as setting your gear, items, and special stuff, just as you want it to be.

Can it be abused? Yes, but it's as simple as to begin banning people for ridiculous characters, and the pros outweight the cons.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:55 pm

A few small latenight with Conan O'Brien updates:

!roll restored, with a /roll command added for personal preference (both do the same thing)

/report is also back, use it to report problems (or admins can use it for their personal conference chat)

Admins, the @ shortcut is back, along with all of our old admin commands. I haven't had time to test them all, but I think everything should be working properly. At Psyche's request, I will be looking into adding a special effect command called 'explode,' you can guess what it does. It's purely visual, so no need to worry about dming.

The Menu got a small change: The INFO.net tab is now the Forums tab. Yes, you could already use the steam overlay to go online, but for those that would prefer not to rely on the overlay, the forums are right here in the menu. This is also convenient for new players, etc. I'm considering having a forum thread specifically designed for the menu, so we can just link to that and be done with guiding every new player by hand.

Can't think of anything else if I added it... Aaaaaand that's all for now.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:29 pm

dis gon b gud

The new ( old ) script - Page 2 1575f376b0ff19fd8cffbd030fb41b39
The new ( old ) script - Page 2 B4e9e28d6ed28cea9c831bdcbfb5a6da
The new ( old ) script - Page 2 836e2e517b9ab24236193f4b244659ae
The new ( old ) script - Page 2 A068c7d31000094e38d0e0bd061a4dba
The new ( old ) script - Page 2 0471933bc3c311d9f2f1859f0056fa1f
The new ( old ) script - Page 2 0eabd63f6cab973394a45c63e7934fef
The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Dc91cfc7113242d31718836eb00c1cf0
The new ( old ) script - Page 2 A44019485fae56024b21c880a0f28730
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:39 pm

...YES.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:45 pm

/me puts all model accessories on at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:32 pm

fuck

i saw your "hay can anyone compile these" post on facepunch about ten minutes ago and thought "i don't even want to know what this person is going to do with those"

and now i know, it's less weird than i expected.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:40 am

no, its as weird as you should have expected. Think of what happens once these are in the hands of ROLEPLAYERS.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:19 am

Can i request we get rid of third person.

Pros:
i guess you can look at yourself? yay for my model?

Cons:
lag
lag
lag
can't pose at all
see through walls
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Race: ---

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:21 am

Phry, I think you can disable it.

rp_firstperson 1?
or rp_thirdperson 0

something like that. Razz
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:23 am

Oh yeah, but even so there's no difference in lag.

There was two commands, one that removes thirdperson, and one that unrenders the body, and then the body is some sort of black figure or something.

According to pear.

Blitz doesn't like it either.
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Race: ---

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:26 am

I'd prefer it first person, too - to be honest. Feels more personal to see through the eyes of the character I am portraying.

And the lack of lag, too. Even though I don't suffer such a problem.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:44 am

You guys are honestly overly negative. Jesus fucking Christ.

rp_thirdperson 0, rp_renderbody 0 returns you to REGULAR firstperson, the one you had before, you shouldn't have any problem with it. It works since it disables the hook. Lag is not a script issue, although true, the script is bigger, and has many possibilities for enhancement and optimization. The server is also in the UK, so there's that.

A solution to jittery movement and such is cl_cmdrate 70. This will make GMod run much better online.

The solution to all of your problems? Ask it nicely, or else it's not going to be done. As far as I know, you guys are the minority, and I'm working to please the majority. It honestly pisses me off frankly when people go all like "Oh yeah you could have done this mile better" when they don't even know how to begin doing it on the first place.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:58 am

Tiefling features? :OO

Good god, man. And the other items are pretty badass and usable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new ( old ) script
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next